18     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 219     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 515     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a resemblance. For what it's worth, the Chief's father was named John.

Interesting! Certainly there is a very close resemblance. According to his LinkedIN profile he was General Manger of Keele North Recycling from 2009 - 2012. This is the company that Romeo diBattista Jr is CEO of

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/romeo-dibattista-jr/66/964/243

Romeo di Battista was mentioned in a Toronto Star article yesterday:

One of those is Romeo DiBattista, a businessman involved in the recycling industry, who owns an after-hours club (which was gutted after the Star began asking questions) on Bloor St., west of Prince Edward Dr. in Etobicoke, south of where Ford lives. Ford, Lisi and DiBattista know each other and both had spent time at the club, the Star’s ongoing investigation has shown.
The police document reveals a meeting between Lisi and DiBattista, and police describe a “notebook†they have obtained that appears to be Ford’s and includes DiBattista’s telephone number.
Like many people close to Ford and Lisi, DiBattista responded aggressively when a Star reporter found him at his club and began to ask questions, particularly about a night at the club where Ford was present.
“Are you f---ing kidding? I can’t talk to you about that s---,†DiBattista said,
when approached in his black Chevrolet Suburban SUV. DiBattista took off, his tires squealing.
There is no indication in the document that police have spoken to DiBattista.

Wouldn't it be something if the Mr. Blair who is a close associate of Mr. DiBattista is related to Chief Blair - perhaps his brother?

If MetroMan is still up reading this perhaps he knows if there is a connection. I cannot believe that I am the first person to discover this information.

here's a photo of dibattista at the club...

107579041.jpg

http://www.wireimage.com/celebrity-...o-Dibattista-club-partner-and-DJ-AM/107579041

note: the guy in the black shirt is dj am or adam goldstein

Goldstein was found dead in his New York City apartment on August 28, 2009, from an apparent drug overdose.[39][40] Drug paraphernalia, including a crack pipe and a bag of crack cocaine, were found in the apartment.[41][42] The New York medical examiner subsequently determined that Goldstein's death was an accident caused by an "acute intoxication" from a combination of cocaine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, lorazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam, diphenhydramine and levamisole (a drug used to cut cocaine).[43][44][45]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Goldstein

Attachments

• 107579041.jpg
    107579041.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 3,388
Last edited:
This was posted a while back. Who the heck is this girl kissing Ford's face?

[video=youtube;ntGv3ShL3Tc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntGv3ShL3Tc[/video]

Not relevant but the guy on the left is Scott Oster. Former Dog Town pro skateboarder from Venice, California.

You never know. Until all pieces of the puzzle are put together we just don't know right now what information is relevant and which isn't. That's why it is important it all comes out.

I keep thinking about the extraordinary plea deal done in June with Hashimi, the killer of Anthony Smith. We've been told that Smith had the video on his cell phone, and was probably killed because of it.
What if Lisi "hired" Hashimi to do the heavy lifting? Lisi beats up women so he wouldn't have the balls to deal with this himself.
I think Blair has more up his sleeve for Rob. Hold onto your seats people.

Maybe it's punishment enough that Ford will have to spend 20 minutes of his Saturday morning listening to aged sleepwalker Norm Kelly pontificate, trying to voice somewhere in his numbing history teacher drone the concerns of a handful of executive committee members who have spent too long being bootlickers and enablers to a bullying, work-shirking, uninformed mayor and his thug brother to be able to publicly speak with any authority themselves.

Reading the reports about Lissi's alleged extortion, and who he called the night the story broke made me think of this Gawker story from June:

http://gawker.com/a-pipe-wielding-thug-stormed-the-rob-ford-crackhouse-s-511642073

On or about Friday, May 17, the source said—the day after we published the story—two large men knocked on Fabio's door. "They told him that he needed to get the kid who sold them the crack that night to come back to the house...that he needed to induce him to come over.... Fabio reached the dealer, who told him that he was out of town, in Windsor...The men returned to 15 Windsor on several occasions over the next few days, the source said, trying to get Fabio to lure the dealer back to his house. After attempting to cooperate without success, the source said, Fabio told the men to stop dropping by. "He told them, 'Look, leave me alone,'" the source said. "'This is my mother's house. Rob got himself into this situation. It's his problem, not mine.'"

Several days later, the source said, one of the men returned to Fabio's house, forced his way through the door, and beat Fabio and Fabio's girlfriend with a steel pipe. "He spent the night at [nearby Etobicoke General Hospital]," the source said.

Was this Lissi? Lissi's thugs?

My final prediction which I'm sadly confident that is the most likely to come true: you and I can say with a high degree of certainty that if he doesn't get help, the inevitable end game is that Rob Ford is going to end up dead before we've been able to untangle this mess. He's a 300lb man who leads a highly stressed lifestyle, who doesn't exercise (he barely even walks), with a grossly unhealthy diet, who drinks heavily and does hard drugs. Statistically he won't make it to 50. Taken into his individual context, it wouldn't be pushing it to suggest he won't live another 24 months.

This has been my concern as well. Regardless what one thinks of Rob Ford's character, he is a deeply flawed and helpless human being who needs to take a break and get better, not only for his own but especially his immediate family's sake. How he's lasted this far carrying on with the same reckless abandon without dropping dead is astonishing in itself. How can a man lack so much humility that it poses such a dire threat to his own physical and mental health?

Last edited:
This needs to be a miniseries from all perspectives. Dixon Bloods, police, Blair, Lisi, Ford, the Star, Gawker. I see a 13 episode miniseries. Produced by David Simon in my wildest dreams.

With the Fords so totally cornered and not willing to admit defeat, get ready to see some of the dirtiest political shenanigans this city has ever seen over the next few weeks. A play to dissolve the executive committee, fire Blair, the sky's the limit... and someone's knuckles are about to get bloodied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back