18     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 221     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 516     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
massive-toronto-guns-and-gangs-sweep-project-traveller-is-falling-off-the-tracks-defence-lawyer-asserts

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/1...alling-off-the-tracks-defence-lawyer-asserts/

This is very interesting. There appears to be a concerted effort to delay release of disclosure evidence to the defense lawyers and Toronto Police appear to be behind these efforts:

Lawyer Shedrack Agbakwa said the prosecution has been “crawling†and he has yet to receive key wiretap evidence.

Crown attorney Jeffrey Levy maintained prosecutors were moving “as fast as we can†in a case that involves around 50 accused. Police have yet to provide the Crown with reams of wiretap evidence, he added.

So the Toronto Police are even withholding evidence from the Crown! The question is why? What purpose does it serve since eventually before this goes to trial the defense must be in possession of all disclosure documents.

Why are Toronto Police delaying release of this sensitive information ? Are they hoping plea bargains will be arranged negating the need for a trial and hence release of disclosure documents?

I have believed all along that this apparent cover-up is as much about protecting Bill Blair as it is Rob Ford. If as alleged police had wire-taps going back to last spring in which the Rob Ford crack video was discussed what if any surveillance did police commence on Rob Ford? He should have been in the police cross-hairs at that point and yet it appears they have been taking a hands-off approach with the Mayor.

BREAKING:

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's occasional driver Alessandro Lisi (described as "supplier of drugs to Ford" by The Toronto Star) has been arrested tonight!

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/t...i-arrested/article14652732/?service=mobile#!/

The man who has been described as Mayor Rob Ford’s occasional driver has been arrested by Toronto Police at a dry cleaning shop in central Etobicoke, The Globe and Mail has learned.

Alessandro Lisi, 35, was taken into custody Tuesday night at the Richview Cleaner’s. Several plain clothes officers were inside the shop at around 8 p.m. and declined to comment. Reached Tuesday night, his lawyer Domenic Basile said: “I’m not taking any calls tonight, good night.”

The reason for his arrest is not known. Toronto police would not confirm or comment on Mr. Lisi’s arrest.

popcorn.gif

Last edited:
DEVELOPING.........

From the Star"

At least two people were arrested shortly before 8 p.m. Tuesday in a raid in Etobicoke that swept up Sandro Lisi, a man who has told people he supplied drugs to Mayor Rob Ford.
Also arrested was the owner of Richview Cleaners, a small cleaner at the popular Richview Plaza at Eglinton Ave and Wincott Dr.
The Star has not verified Lisi’s claim he supplied drugs to Ford.
According to two eyewitnesses unmarked cruisers and other police vehicles swept into the plaza and boxed in Lisi who had just arrived in his black Range Rover. Detectives took Lisi out of the vehicle and handcuffed him.
Other officers rushed into the cleaners and brought out a man described by witnesses as the owner.
That man, who building neighbours say has struggled with substance abuse issues , was taken away by police while other detectives searched the cleaners. Lisi's range rover, which is owned by a former drug client , was searched and then taken away to a local police garage.
More to come.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...video_among_two_arrested_in_etobicoke.bb.html

There you have it: the obstruction of justice charges are beginning to roll out. As I reported some weeks ago, Ford himself is allegedly implicated. If Lisi squeals, it's possible that we can have a Mayor in cuffs soon.

Nothing to see here folks - keep looking at the $2,500 chairs...

Ha

I don't know what makes me cringe harder....RoFo's phoney outrage over cheaped-out chair purchases, or the fact that replicas were purchased instead of proper licensed versions. Does the TD Centre use replica Barcelona chairs? (since the Bronfmans no longer own it, they probably do)

If these nearly 50 year old chairs end up selling for $60k, how is this story going to be spun to Ford Nashun?

Interesting thing about all this is that Richview is fairly "uppity" as suburban strip malls go--not on a Humbertown level; but higher than the Fords' Royal York Plaza. It's basically always been the local "plaza" for Princess Anne Manor, i.e. Harper's solidly upper-middle old nabe; and it's just a traffic light away from Richview Collegiate. It's certainly not the kind of place where, uh, Somali gangs would hang out.

That something like *this'd* happen in a node like *that* really illuminates the 40-odd-year history of affluent-class Etobi-vice.

Oh, and re Stockwell: 2003 "scandal" aside, I don't see much there that'd lead "Council lefties" to gang up and veto EYCC's decision; it'd be pretty churlish for those dreaded downtowners to force-feed a lefty replacement for Holyday...

Councillor Adam Vaughan, who has two of the original chairs refurbished in his office, believes the real disgrace was the city’s failure to restore the old Warren Platners.

“It’s a piece of brilliance from the 1960s. It’s a gift from previous generations, and city staff have to stop treating this place like it’s some sort of warehouse for cheap knockoffs and casual encounters,†Mr. Vaughan said. “This building is tortured by professional indifference and it’s painful to see this building suffer the way it suffers.â€

The voice of reason, and it will fall on deaf ears. It's a shame there can't be a Vaughan Nation.

Richview Plaza is halfway between Ford's house and Dixon/Islington - a convenient meeting place. perhaps?

Hang around Richview long enough and you'll see all income and ethnic groups. The shoe and lingerie shops are the only thing I'd class as "uppity."

But, the Timothy's, and Second Cup on other side of Wincott, are frequented by a core group of wealthy seniors and locals.

Still pissed about the chairs.

So I took a look at these replicas. And they barely qualify as replicas. They look like a cross between the armchair and the lounge chair. But the real insult is that anti-tip addition they added to the base. Not only does it look absolutely ridiculous, I guarantee this custom fabrication added to the cost considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back