140     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 324     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 683     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but it is equally churlish to put forward an ethically tainted, right wing lunatic like Stockwell. A mushy-middler seems to be the non-churlish thinng to do.

Ethically tainted, maybe. But "lunatic" is pushing it--even if Stockwell's brasher than Holyday. (And remember that his "outsiderness" made him a not-bad Queen's Park Speaker in the late 90s.)

An comment from the CFRB website story on the charges:

"This is another Toronto Star propaganda! Toronto Star is now setting up the mayor and his friends. poor mayor, why does he have to go through this. so what if he does drugs or has drug dealing friends, dont we all?"

For those who are playing along at home, here is a handy reference to Ford Nation. Let me know if I've missed anything important...

View attachment 18549

A couple of additions:

1. Just below RoFo's house (James Gardens' parking lot) is another site of DoFo/RoPri's hash dealing empire (the word "James" from "James Gardens" is visible on the map).
2. Not even on the map is Toronto Police's 23 Division HQ (relocated to Kipling/Finch from Kipling/Rexdale about 10 years ago). Can't have a discussion about Ford's criminality without mentioning his family's murky relationship with 23 Div. Supt. Ron Taverner.

Ethically tainted, maybe. But "lunatic" is pushing it--even if Stockwell's brasher than Holyday. (And remember that his "outsiderness" made him a not-bad Queen's Park Speaker in the late 90s.)

Fair point. Changed to "ideologue" for neutrality. Must be his bug-eyes (and record as labour minister) that brought the word "lunatic" to mind.

A couple of additions:

1. Just below RoFo's house (James Gardens' parking lot) is another site of DoFo/RoPri's hash dealing empire (the word "James" from "James Gardens" is visible on the map).
2. Not even on the map is Toronto Police's 23 Division HQ (relocated to Kipling/Finch from Kipling/Rexdale about 10 years ago). Can't have a discussion about Ford's criminality without mentioning his family's murky relationship with 23 Div. Supt. Ron Taverner.

I've never heard about this relationship. Can you go into details?

Last edited:
Sorry for beating a dead horse, but when doing my browsing for replica chairs a few pages back, I saw this but missed the price.

Platner lounge chair replicas for $355.

Unlike the ones I posted, these are lounge chair replicas and not the kitchen chair replicas.

Having worked with regular reproductions, cheap reproductions, and "authentic reproductions" (everything is a copy unless it's an antique), there are good reproductions and bad. You can find an eames lounge chair, for example, for $500, for $1500-$2000, and then the Herman Miller authorized one for $4500+

The thing to understand is... you really get what you pay for. If you do your homework, it often because clear that the mid-range reproductions, which aren't authorized, are often built to the spec of the original and have solid detailing/craftsmanship. The stuff that's really cheap is, surprise surprise, cheap and poorly made. You want to hit the sweet spot between paying too much, and paying too little - the good reproductions toe that line well, and you don't pay through the nose just for the licensing and/or prestige that Herman Miller will charge you for. The good reproductions, however, still don't have the kind of warranty that a shop like Herman Miller has... so for high use/high wear, they still aren't the best bet.

My office, for example, has the classic eames office chairs in the boardroom - the authorized reproductions from herman miller. A developer client wanted the same chairs, but opted for knockoffs. I kid you not, 2 years on the knockoffs are falling to pieces. The wheel came off a couple, the arms are loosening and falling off others, the thread in the leather is popping left and right.

So for the Platner chairs, good on the city for paying for quality. They bought a solid piece that has an equally solid warranty in case of unseen defects, and the chairs should last quite a while. Sure, they could have gone cheaper, but as Towhey points out the expected cost over the life of the chair is less than $100/year. That isn't all that bad.

I still wish more of a fuss was being made about the $100million + that is being wasted by going back to a subway in scarborough. That has so much more relevance to taxpayers than furniture at city hall, yet for some reason one causes outrage and the other, well, doesn't.

He's charged with drug offenses ATM. Unless you want to draw a conclusion that lisi killed one of those dudes in the photo.

No, not necessarily. Just wondering why a homicide detective is involved as the arrests were part of an ongoing investigation. It would seem that there must be some suspicion of homicide, no?

Try google for what? I'm just asking if there is any significance. I haven't suggested or claimed anything.

Remember, it was Homicide Detectives that interviewed the staff at the Mayor's office. At the time, they said it wasn't homicide related. It certainly makes you wonder what's really being investigated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back