142     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 326     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 687     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is he going non-stop between the crack of dawn and his late morning arrival at City hall?

Wow. Rob Ford got the NBA All Star game to come to Toronto. And he got Drake to be the Raptor's Ambassador to help them play better. And remember, Rob Ford single handedly trained drake and the 2014 Toronto Raptors. We'll win this year for sure :rolleyes:

I wonder what Ford thinks of Ai Weiwei's Forever Bicycles, being set up in front of City Hall for Nuit Blanche?
https://twitter.com/papa723/status/384689540633341952/photo/1

I have this image of Ford in my head, staring out of his office window at every opportunity toward Weiwei's installation pondering how these bikes could possibly be "art", grumbling under his breath... angry... red faced... obsessed at the sight... sweating profusely.

I had dinner with a bunch of Americans in NYC last week and they all stopped complaining about the Democratic primary when I mentioned Rob Ford. He has enormous visibility down there as a complete moron.

I was in a bar by myself in LA about a year ago, so I was standing at the bar and chatting with the bartender. He asked where I was from, and when I said "Toronto" the first thing he said back was "What the fuck is up with Rob Ford?"

Rob sure knows how to influence city council to be on his side. From the Toronto Sun, at this link:

How can he get the councillors to vote with him if he keeps insulting them?

And the irony is, unless we were talking about a real disagreeable Fordite (as opposed to Holydayite) wingnut, said lefties almost certainly *wouldn't* hijack the process. Even they'd defer to Etobicoke York Community Council's decision, because they don't want to arbitrarily upset apple carts. IOW Ford's "gut feeling" is a load of hooey that's meant to make him look like more of a victim of malice than he is--and irony upon irony, he's probably projecting *his own* "ideal" approach upon said lefties...

I have this image of Ford in my head, staring out of his office window at every opportunity toward Weiwei's installation pondering how these bikes could possibly be "art", grumbling under his breath... angry... red faced... obsessed at the sight... sweating profusely.

He (Ford) wants it replaced with this:

dogs-playing-poker.jpg

Or real art, like this

More evidence of corruption of Ford's inner circle:

Mammoliti, Shiner get rent deals from Toronto developers - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-rent-deals-from-toronto-developers-1.1865022

Two Toronto councillors have been paying well below the market rate to rent apartments from developers that have millions of dollars in contracts with the city, a CBC News investigation has found.

David Shiner and Giorgio Mammoliti each lease a two-bedroom suite at 88 Erskine Ave., near Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue, an apartment building run by Greenwin Property Management and owned by its sister company, Verdiroc Holdings. ...​

More evidence of corruption of Ford's inner circle:

Mammoliti, Shiner get rent deals from Toronto developers - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-rent-deals-from-toronto-developers-1.1865022

Two Toronto councillors have been paying well below the market rate to rent apartments from developers that have millions of dollars in contracts with the city, a CBC News investigation has found.

David Shiner and Giorgio Mammoliti each lease a two-bedroom suite at 88 Erskine Ave., near Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue, an apartment building run by Greenwin Property Management and owned by its sister company, Verdiroc Holdings. ...​

Do Shiner and Giorgio actually LIVE in these apartments? Are they offices, do they sub-let them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back