686     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
^good work on the map animatronic!

In time to make the cover of today's Toronto Star

bvecou.jpg

Last edited:
Hehe, the same guy that told me about the Barbershop that launders money for Ford's dealer also told me about a lawyer he knows, who was bragging about how many "envelopes" he has passed along to city hall.
so it wouldn't surprise me - but it's not like it is in the US, where someone can bribe the mayor and the mayor can dictate what happens. since we have council ruling over everything in Canada, it makes it much less likely that bribing one or two officials will tip things in your direction...

There's a barbershop in Richview Square. Anybody know its location relative to the raided dry cleaners?

Oh gosh. I just can't wait to see what Ford has to say about this. And whatever remains of Ford Nation too. Time to sit down and grab a bag of popcorn

For those who are playing along at home, here is a handy reference to Ford Nation. Let me know if I've missed anything important...

Tim Hortons and the "(Alleged) day job" made me laugh.

For those who are playing along at home, here is a handy reference to Ford Nation. Let me know if I've missed anything important...

Fords sister Kathy lives just a few blocks north of Rob in a house that she shared with her ex-con boyfriend (who almost blew head off when his gun accidentally discharged). Might be worthwhile plotting her address. Not sure where Doug or Randy live.

Oh gosh. I just can't wait to see what Ford has to say about this. And whatever remains of Ford Nation too. Time to sit down and grab a bag of popcorn

Ford probably won't say anything about this, as usual. His selective responses to the media and refusal to address certain topics seems to work every time, inexplicably. It drives me insane. I dearly hope he's somehow forced to respond to this stuff.

Ford probably won't say anything about this, as usual. His selective responses to the media and refusal to address certain topics seems to work every time, inexplicably. It drives me insane. I dearly hope he's somehow forced to respond to this stuff.

Sure it works. It is hard to continually have a one-way conversation. If he doesn't respond, the story dies quicker. Also no need to get caught up in lies.

Ford Nation doesn't care about Rob's loser friends. They aren't stupid, they understand that the big guy has drug problems. They may or may not like it but they are very willing to ignore it just like rock star groupies have to ignore a lot.

As long as Ford can say that he cut taxes, builds subways, creates jobs and fills potholes, he will keep his 25-30% hard core supporters. What he needs is a half dozen candidates, hell two credible opponents will do, running against him to split the vote.

I have a right-wing friend and we do not talk about Ford. She will vote for him no matter what. If I talk about Ford, the friendship is gone.

Now The Star's Mallick is staunchly defending the chair purchase. Quite honestly she just sounds clueless in her article.

On the flip side, I don't understand the complaints about a Pan Am dude claiming a $2 coffee as an expense. Yeah I understand there are other issues and he comes across as cheap but it is a legitimate expense and a more than reasonable cost. I would understand more the outrage if it was a $40 martini or $100 in a strip bar, but no, reporters are focusing on a $2 coffee and $1 parking.

Other politicians have to respond otherwise their reputation will be tarnished.

Ford can ignore relevant questions because his base will support him no matter what. In their eyes, ignoring media questions makes him more like a 'regular guy'.

Conveniently, Ford is flying off to Austin, TX today to learn about music and copy their ideas in Toronto (that's a quote).

Oh, and re Stockwell: 2003 "scandal" aside, I don't see much there that'd lead "Council lefties" to gang up and veto EYCC's decision; it'd be pretty churlish for those dreaded downtowners to force-feed a lefty replacement for Holyday...

True, but it is equally churlish to put forward an ethically tainted, right wing ideologue like Stockwell. A mushy-middler seems to be the non-churlish thinng to do.

Last edited:

Like if he's put under oath!
Oh, who are we kidding... if he thinks he can get away with it, he'll lie under oath.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back