News   Mar 28, 2024
 351     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 702     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught lying again:

“He’s out to visit the mayor of Winnipeg and maybe catch a football game out there, and then going over out to Saskatchewan and meeting the mayor over there … Regina, I should say,” Councillor Ford said.

No meeting between the two mayors will take place, Bonnie Staples-Lyon, Katz’s chief of staff, told the newspaper. Winnipeg council just started its six-week summer break.

Why do these guys lie about the most mundane and unecessary things when they're so easily caught? If he's going on vacation, just say it.

According to a tweet from Sue-Ann Levy to Robyn Doolittle, The Star reporter is apparently in Florida "digging for dirt". I wonder what that is about...

Last edited:
Also about this- how much power does the OMB have over things like the number of councillors? I've heard a few things floating about that Rocco Rossi's on the OMB board now, makes sense that an astroturfed group would always like to take the backdoor in.

The petition by the Toronto Taxpayers Coalition was just barely accepted into council. Of the 1041 signatures, only 510 were valid. Most people didn't live at the address they provided and a few (21) didn't even live in Toronto. It's an interesting look at the validity of petition signatures. It's unfortunate council even spent the time debating something that had no hope in hell of passing.

I took the below screen cap of the Toronto Taxpayers Coalition Facebook page. Read the comment from the page/Matthew McGuire at the bottom. Is there any way their challenge to the OMB could be nullified in any way due to blatant bias against any councillor who isn't pro-Ford?

Screen_Shot.jpg

It's fascinating that pro-Ford people complain of a left-wing conspiracy to remove Ford from office any way possible, yet there are right-wing astroturf groups doing what they can to make a weak mayor like Ford more powerful by cutting councillors.

Attachments

• Screen_Shot.jpg
    Screen_Shot.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 579
The petition by the Toronto Taxpayers Coalition was just barely accepted into council. Of the 1041 signatures, only 510 were valid. Most people didn't live at the address they provided and a few (21) didn't even live in Toronto. It's an interesting look at the validity of petition signatures. It's unfortunate council even spent the time debating something that had no hope in hell of passing.

I took the below screen cap of the Toronto Taxpayers Coalition Facebook page. Read the comment from the page/Matthew McGuire at the bottom. Is there any way their challenge to the OMB could be nullified in any way due to blatant bias against any councillor who isn't pro-Ford?

View attachment 15751

It's fascinating that pro-Ford people complain of a left-wing conspiracy to remove Ford from office any way possible, yet there are right-wing astroturf groups doing what they can to make a weak mayor like Ford more powerful by cutting councillors.

Isn't the Toronto Taxpayers Coalition made up of like maybe 3 people? Considering the very basic and amateurish nature of their "report cards" (which is the only thing they are really known for) its hard to make them out to be much of anything.

Last edited:

View attachment 15751

Well, we better get started on that! I've heard out there that the OMB has actually overridden some cities' council decisions before. Maybe sending an email informing those Councillors of what's happening would be a start, as well as asking about the next steps to stop this. It's fascinating how such a small group like them gets so much attention.

Here's a quick list of some of those councillors who may be targeted. Make sure you include the image above:

councillor_fletcher@toronto.ca
councillor_vaughan@toronto.ca
councillor_wongtam@toronto.ca
councillor_doucette@toronto.ca
councillor_perks@toronto.ca
councillor_mihevc@toronto.ca
councillor_matlow@toronto.ca
councillor_colle@toronto.ca
councillor_stintz@toronto.ca
councillor_mcconnell@toronto.ca
councillor_fragedakis@toronto.ca
councillor_fletcher@toronto.ca
councillor_davis@toronto.ca
councillor_mcmahon@toronto.ca
councillor_bailao@toronto.ca
councillor_carroll@toronto.ca
councillor_robinson@toronto.ca

Last edited:
We're not talking about Stalin here. We're talking about Ford and Clinton, and comparing either of them to Stalin, who killed millions of people, is just absurd.
It's Rob Ford who has compared other councillors who don't support him to Stalin.

You support someone who compares people to Stalin? But you object to comparing Ford to Stalin? Are you a hypocrite?

Could this be a possibility? It would actually explain a lot, given that I see this account every once in a while in while looking at tweets.

http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/1fus3a/rob_ford_crack_scandal_resident_of_home_in/cae6i6j

I don't think that's her. For one thing, Elena Johnson Basso is wheeling a bike in those pictures, while @ejb__ is a vociferous bike hater. Then there's the fact of living in Etobicoke vs @ejb__ tweeting mostly about Ward 27 and KWT.

@ejb__ had a previous Twitter account named @ejbejbejb, until it was hacked (it now posts pretty much the opposite of what @ejb__ does). In it, I recall her posting one or two responses to others in Polish. Could be someone in Ford's extended in-law family, or ... just a hateful crank, I guess.

View attachment 15751

Interestingly enough the Fords have used the same idea/list on the circle jerk several times.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Friday, July 19, 2013 4:00 PM
Toronto Taxpayers Coalition To Take City To Ontario Municipal Board

- See more at: http://www.torontotaxpayer.ca/Press...Municipal-Board#sthash.8MIncoNF.S1zrODtq.dpuf

The Toronto Taxpayers Coalition is preparing to take the City of Toronto Councillors to the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) over Council's refusal to adopt a city ward boundaries by-law yesterday's council meeting.

"We will appeal and we will prevail" announced Matthew McGuire spokesperson for the Toronto Taxpayers Coalition. The Toronto Taxpayers Coalition petitioned council for new ward boundaries under a little-known regulation of the City of Toronto Act. Under S.129 of the City of Toronto Act (COTA), any of the petitioners may pursue the issue at the OMB if City Council fails to adopt the request within 90 days of the petition being submitted.

"We were stopped by a cabal of Councillors who seem to perpetuate imbalanced wards for another four years. Taxpayers deserve better."

Calling council's decision "disappointing but not surprising," coalition spokesman Matthew McGuire said the group made a decision last night during a meeting of the coalition's leadership team and with consultation of the advisory board, which charted out the next steps.

"We believe city lawyers have given City Council bad advice," McGuire said. "We believe the OMB will support the residents who signed our petition."

McGuire also pointed out that seven Councillors didn't even show up to vote on a bylaw that potentially has a significant effect on residents and taxpayers.

The coalition has started fundraising ahead of the OMB fight and will continue to collect signatures on an e-petition to show this initiative has widespread support among Toronto residents. Residents can make a donation or sign the petition at www.torontotaxpayer.ca.

http://www.torontotaxpayer.ca/Press...ition-To-Take-City-To-Ontario-Municipal-Board

If people aren't careful about this, it could end up sneaking through.

129. (1) Electors in the City may present a petition to city council asking the council to pass a by-law dividing or redividing the City into wards or dissolving the existing wards. 2006, c. 11, Sched. A, s. 129 (1).
http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_06c11_e.htm#s129s1
Though interestingly enough, the actual law makes no notices of the OMB. How would they attempt to get this through the OMB other than with more petitions? Manage to get Rocco Rossi to approve it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back