118     0 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 1.4K     6 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olivia isn't as extreme as some people make her out to be. It's not like she's going to pave all the streets with bike lanes and give out free welfare for everyone. I think she'd be a left leaning Mayor but a responsible one who would compromise with Conservative and centrist councillors to get things done.

Oh, I totally agree. I adore her, but...

Her problem is one of perception.

The more I read about this, the more I feel sorry for Ford. As much as I hate him, I wouldn't wish this situation on my worst enemy. I can't imagine what he must be going through right now.

This photo taken Friday might help your imagination...

5GSAr1E.jpg

As much as I dislike his (lack of) leadership and disagree with his politics, this saga cannot end well for Rob Ford the person, or for his family. I have this awful feeling it's going to be quite tragic, actually. And that's very sad.

VoicesCarry

The city is at the crux of major changes, decisions and crisis - we can't really afford to be sentimental over a failure. The city have bigger issues to deal with - urgently.

AoD

I do not like Rob Ford the politician, but Rob Ford as a human is pitiable.

I feel sorry for all the ordeals he has to go through. He is just unfit for being mayor of the fourth most populous city in North America. He should relax, coach his high school football team, and continue working in Deco Tags and Labels. Most importantly, he should register in a fitness program.

Last edited:
I do not like Rob Ford the politician, but Rob Ford as a human is pitiable.

I feel sorry for all the ordeals he has to go through. He is just unfit for being mayor of the fourth most populous city in North America. He should relax, coach his high school football team, and continue working in Deco Tags and Labels. Most importantly, he should register in a fitness program.

And get help for his drug problems at all.

I cannot imagine why he wants to be mayor anymore.

VoicesCarry

The city is at the crux of major changes, decisions and crisis - we can't really afford to be sentimental over a failure. The city have bigger issues to deal with - urgently.

AoD

AoD

I am sure you would agree that one can A) recognize and appreciate Ford's epic failure on all fronts as a mayor and the need for real leadership of the city, while also B) recognizing the personal and very human tragedy that is unfolding in front of our eyes. Concern for the city and concern for someone's well-being are not mutually exclusive.

VoicesCarry

AoD

I am sure you would agree that one can A) recognize and appreciate Ford's epic failure on all fronts as a mayor and the need for real leadership of the city, while also B) recognizing the personal and very human tragedy that is unfolding in front of our eyes. Concern for the city and concern for someone's well-being are not mutually exclusive.

VoicesCarry

I agree with you. Ford has done a horrible job as mayor and has made horrible choices. But he has my full compassion. I wouldn't wish this situation on mt worst enemy. None the less, the video must come out. The people of Toronto need to see what their leader has been doing.

Gawker has added an additional perk for donating:

$200 Commemorative Print

If you donate $100 or more, you'll receive a limited-edition hand-drawn digital painting of Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine by Gawker art director Jim Cooke. (Only available if the video purchase is consummated.)

Estimated delivery: June 2013

Seems to be quite popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back