News   Aug 26, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 585     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
VoicesCarry:

I don't think he is deluded - I think he is trapped with no way out. At this point, all roads seems to lead to an epic shaming that will probably wreck his reputation forever. Is it any wonder he can't climb down, given that by default will involve some type of admission? Just like the last episode with the conflict of interest case, I don't think his pride ever allows any personal wrongdoing until there is an undenial crisis point. That's his historical pattern with *anything*.

AoD

Last edited:
I have to admit to ignorance here, since I never thought you could be 300 lbs and be addicted to crack. The crack whores I see in Toronto always look skinny and wrecked. Maybe the KFC addiction counters the other?
Or he's a recreational user (allegedly).

Olivia isn't as extreme as some people make her out to be. It's not like she's going to pave all the streets with bike lanes and give out free welfare for everyone. I think she'd be a left leaning Mayor but a responsible one who would compromise with Conservative and centrist councillors to get things done.
I think she's a lightweight who'll be eaten alive in a campaign by a credible opponent(s). Not sure who else on the left would be a viable candidate. Vaughan is formidable though he might be too polarizing. But unlike Chow, I'd consider voting for him

This photo taken Friday might help your imagination...

5GSAr1E.jpg
Very telling picture.

Ford should resign and retire from politics, and let others who are more competent (regardless of political leaning) be mayor instead. It would salvage his reputation. He should admit that he is his own worst enemy, not those evil commie libtards (such as myself and some others here) who kept telling him good advice (some of which are politically neutral). He should also take a drug and alcohol rehabilitation program and become a changed man. He can keep some of his political views even.

Regarding the video, the people of Toronto deserve the right to be able to view it, even if it costs $200,000 of (voluntary) taxpayer money to do so.

VC:

That's the problem - to you or me, it is, but to him it could very well be a non-option because he already set himself up as the ultimate fighter of the odds, with his own personal pride as currency thrown into the ring. Someone with a psych background should run a few tests on him, I think it would be quite revealing.

AoD

Last edited:
A unique and very potent combination of obstinance and delusion.

Or that

1) He is trying to live up to some expectations set by his mother or his siblings. Something he allegedly said in the video is very telling......that he is supposed to be right wing etc etc. It's almost like he doesn't completely buy into it but has to..........

2) He is striving to achieve something to match his older brothers who are both involved in the family business while he was a college dropout and just a lowly councillor.

Or he's a recreational user (allegedly).

I think she's a lightweight who'll be eaten alive in a campaign by a credible opponent(s). Not sure who else on the left would be a viable candidate. Vaughan is formidable though he might be too polarizing. But unlike Chow, I'd consider voting for him

Well Chow is doing exceptionally well in the polling, if that means anything to you.

Very telling picture.

I doubt that Ford was as red mad as the picture depicts. It's probably just an photo taken at an unflattering moment. We all have those.

Olivia isn't as extreme as some people make her out to be. It's not like she's going to pave all the streets with bike lanes and give out free welfare for everyone. I think she'd be a left leaning Mayor but a responsible one who would compromise with Conservative and centrist councillors to get things done.

Chow is a smart woman and a seasoned politician, she'd not alienate any segment of the city after witnessing what has happened under Ford, and some would say Miller. Funny, I'm left of centre but I still had a few issues with Miller (though overall I was very pleased with him until near the end - boy do I wish for those days again!) and with Lastman, however I never felt that either of them divided a newly amalgamated city like Ford has managed to do.

Why are bike lanes considered to be "left wing" anyways. The logic behind the categorization makes no sense to me. Seems like it should be a very non-polarizing thing.

Thank you!

Back to Adult Swim now, err, the Rob Ford crack show...

Well Chow is doing exceptionally well in the polling, if that means anything to you.
No it doesn't. Until there are declared candidates and the campaign is well under way, polls don't matter at all. And as the recent B.C. election proved, even polls right before elections can be way off.

The thing which disappoints me most about "Ford Nation" right now is that they aren't giving him the support he needs. They are like a parent in denial that their child is a spoiled brat, and continue to reward their bad behaviour because it is always "someone elses" fault that they act poorly. This is not what Rob Ford needs right now.

Perhaps the whole thing is a fake, an elaborate ploy setup by both the Star and Gawker. I doubt it, but let's just say it is. Fine, but those Ford loyalists also need to finally admit that he has a history of lying, alcohol, and drug abuse, and it is within the realm of possibility that this video does exist. They need to have their voices heard that if the video is real and that Ford smokes crack, that it is okay that he made a mistake and that it is not the end of the world. That they can tell that he is a good guy, that what he does in his personal life is his business, and that they like the direction he is taking the city in.

Having his most loyal supporters continue to make excuses for him is exactly what he does NOT need right now, and could lead to his self destruction far quicker than any cell phone video ever could. He needs to know that making mistakes is part of being human, and that he should be fortunate that there are people who care about him no matter what happens.

The thing which disappoints me most about "Ford Nation" right now is that they aren't giving him the support he needs. They are like a parent in denial that their child is a spoiled brat, and continue to reward their bad behaviour because it is always "someone elses" fault that they act poorly. This is not what Rob Ford needs right now.

Perhaps the whole thing is a fake, an elaborate ploy setup by both the Star and Gawker. I doubt it, but let's just say it is. Fine, but those Ford loyalists also need to finally admit that he has a history of lying, alcohol, and drug abuse, and it is within the realm of possibility that this video does exist. They need to have their voices heard that if the video is real and that Ford smokes crack, that it is okay that he made a mistake and that it is not the end of the world. That they can tell that he is a good guy, that what he does in his personal life is his business, and that they like the direction he is taking the city in.

Having his most loyal supporters continue to make excuses for him is exactly what he does NOT need right now, and could lead to his self destruction far quicker than any cell phone video ever could. He needs to know that making mistakes is part of being human, and that he should be fortunate that there are people who care about him no matter what happens.

Generally speaking, 'Ford Supporters' will ever take the road you've outlined because their support of him is not rational. At this point, those who support him will make excuses for him no matter what he does; it's all about supporting their political 'side'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back