News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 771     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You home-"ease" got it all twisted. Yo.

You gotta read between the "lines" when you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Yo.

Bee Fat (that's the street name we gave him) was actually referring to me in 2008, and it's true. Yo.

Without him I'd be dead or in jail. Yo.

Last edited:
The provincial Liberals prorogued parliament and squandered billions in numerous scandals..... but wait, the big issue is missing 3 council meetings?!

Unbelievable.

No, missing 3 council meetings isn't a big deal, as it hasn't happened. It's just what Ford would have to do before being able to be removed from office. Those are the rules. Try reading before posting, pls.

I think the real question is why the MSM isn't interviewing folks who live on Dixon--very telling imo.

I've heard plenty of interviews with people in Ford's riding over the past week. The usual response seems to be: "I called the Mayor about a pothole on my street and within 2 days it was fixed. I think the Mayor's great and people should stop picking on him."

I completely understand why people who live in Ford's riding would continue to support him despite all the accusations swirling around. It's not that they're being irrational, it's that 10 years of doggedly answering phone calls has allowed Ford to establish concrete relationships with thousands of people that completely overshadow things they hear about in the media.

This is one of the take away points from Barack Obama's 2012 victory. Face to face communication is far, far more effective than media in establishing loyal voters. That's why Barack Obama's strategy of having a lot of volunteers knocking on doors overcame the Republican PAC attack ads.

I'm not sure why people always compare Ford and municipal politics to the provincial Liberals. It makes no sense to do so. Federal and Provincial politics have some important differences.

The provincial Liberals prorogued parliament and squandered billions in numerous scandals..... but wait, the big issue is missing 3 council meetings?!

Unbelievable.

Relax, FutureBuilder - maybe take interchange42's advice.

I'm stating what the rules are, per my understanding. "The mayor is no longer the mayor if he misses 3 council meetings in a row" is my understanding of the rules. At some point in the last eleven days one website or another discussed what is needed to put a sitting mayor out of office in toronto - basically the only possibility is if the mayor is sitting in jail, because the rules basically state that you can only be given the boot if you miss 3 meetings in a row.

Since someone in the thread was asking if Ford being charged with some crime would mean he's removed from power (you'll note that that's the post I was responding to), I was clarifying that no, that's not necessarily the case. Now should I be wrong about any of that, feel free to clarify.

I'm not sure why people always compare Ford and municipal politics to the provincial Liberals. It makes no sense to do so. Federal and Provincial politics have some important differences.

No I think it makes sense. How much did Ornge cost? Ehealth? The gas plants? The "Green Energy" debacle?

Not to mention the G20 scandal and HST.

For me, the G20 Scandal is the worst of the bunch. Way worse than anything Rob Ford has done.

And I won't even start on the disaster known as Stephen Harper.

Some people are holding Rob Ford to much higher scrutiny than higher levels of gov't (that have much more power over our lives, and have serious scandals).

Some people are holding Rob Ford to much higher scrutiny than higher levels of gov't (that have much more power over our lives, and have serious scandals).

I'm pretty sure that you can't really say that, unless you're tracking what each poster says in each of the forums they frequent. Many people are unhappy with scandals at any level of government, but in the "Rob Ford" thread - guess what, it's all about Rob Ford, and you probably have no idea what people think about Harper, McGuinty, Thomas Mulcair, etc.

Here we go again, just like yesterday the closet Rob Ford supporters trying to justify a disaster that is Rob Ford with all his faults and poor leadership skills to that of the Liberal/NDP flubs again. This is about Rob Ford, see the name of the thread. Create a Rob Ford vs. the World thread if you want to bury your head in the sand like the rest of Ford Nation. This foolishness began on Day #1, we've had few weeks since then where there wasn't a Rob Ford controversy.

I'm pretty sure that you can't really say that, unless you're tracking what each poster says in each of the forums they frequent. Many people are unhappy with scandals at any level of government, but in the "Rob Ford" thread - guess what, it's all about Rob Ford, and you probably have no idea what people think about Harper, McGuinty, Thomas Mulcair, etc.

I didn't mean in here. I meant the media in general.

Here we go again, just like yesterday the closet Rob Ford supporters trying to justify a disaster that is Rob Ford with all his faults and poor leadership skills to that of the Liberal/NDP flubs again. This is about Rob Ford, see the name of the thread. Create a Rob Ford vs. the World thread if you want to bury your head in the sand like the rest of Ford Nation. This foolishness began on Day #1, we've had few weeks since then where there wasn't a Rob Ford controversy.

That "disaster" will win another term. All this media attention will make him stronger come election time.

Well, conversely, why would issues like i dont know, free sandwiches get his supporters worked up?

FB:

Well, we will just have to see now don't we?

AoD

Exactly, this is a Rob Ford thread, so why bring up McGuity or Harper. If you want to vent your anger at them, open threads about them and vent there and don't try to derail this thread about ROB FORD by bringing them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back