4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I just went to check Indiegogo and it's down. What the hell is going on? And just when it was starting to explode with donations.

Something isn't right with Gawker. When they posted that they haven't been in touch with the owner of the video, the donations predictably stalled. I can understand why they would do that to be honest and upfront.

But they haven't run any stories and just now posted an update saying "we still haven't heard from them" on the last day. You'd think they'd run a front page story on the final day to help Crackstart reach its goal even if the money were going to charity. It almost looks like they don't want this to get done. Why not attain the goal, and hold the money for 60 days? This video is bound to come up and somebody is going to want money for it.

Even without their promotion, this has gained a life of its own. Somebody just donated $200 and with that Crackstarter is now doing $1300 per hour with 15hr to go. I've noticed some names that I had seen in the first days so people are doubling up on their contributions. I don't see this not making the $200K. At this rate, it'll be finished around dinner time and will make the evening news.

Perhaps Gawker dosen't want to get tied up in the whole murdur investigation? Very peculiar indeed.

Paggots? Piggots?

If the MM's information in this thread is accurate - and it pretty much has been for months - then the Star is indeed sitting on something bigger relating to Ford's drug dealers, which will drop this week.

I can't believe that this story could get any bigger. We're talking about murder right now. Ford needs to have some respect for the mayors office and resign. You can't run a city with all this hanging over you.

Last edited:
It's very likely that the cops have obtained the phone. It's going to be used as evidence in Anthony Smith's murder investigation so it will inevitably come out. Even if it were only shown in court, dozens of people would have seen it. Ford's been caught lying before but few were paying attention. He's going to be caught red faced lying this time by the whole city, country and beyond. It's over.

It's very likely that the cops have obtained the phone. It's going to be used as evidence in Anthony Smith's murder investigation so it will inevitably come out. Even if it were only shown in court, dozens of people would have seen it. Ford's been caught lying before but few were paying attention. He's going to be caught red faced lying this time by the whole city, country and beyond. It's over.

Assuming that's the case, do either of the Ford brothers get charged with anything? Obstruction? I'm assuming the 'maggots' won't bother suing for defamation, but I'd be interested to know if a prosecutor would have the cojones to charge Hekyll & Jekyll.

^The Fords will find somebody else to implicate? Why do you think they brought in David Price? Someone's gotta take the fall for the criminal behaviour, and the Ford Boys don't take the fall for anything (except when they literally fall down, which likely happens with some frequency).

While it might be a bit far fetched, the bit about his "loyalty" (per the Globe and Mail report) is a bit on the creepy side. There is loyalty in terms of providing support, advice, and simply by listening and being there - and then there is the other kind which is altogether more sinister in nature.

AoD

I'm still processing all this in my head but Ford's office was forthcoming to the police so I don't think there's an obstruction charge in there. However, there's an increasingly solid connection to possession because the video puts Rob Ford in the middle of drug dealers, smoking a crack pipe. Unless Ford can come up with a good excuse, I think that any reasonable judge would convict him on circumstantial evidence and the video. This wouldn't have been investigated with the video alone but because it's becoming a murder investigation, the cops are all over this and Ford is connected whether he ordered the murder or not... oh wait, did I just say that?

Something isn't right with Gawker. When they posted that they haven't been in touch with the owner of the video, the donations predictably stalled. I can understand why they would do that to be honest and upfront.

But they haven't run any stories and just now posted an update saying "we still haven't heard from them" on the last day. You'd think they'd run a front page story on the final day to help Crackstart reach its goal even if the money were going to charity. It almost looks like they don't want this to get done. Why not attain the goal, and hold the money for 60 days? This video is bound to come up and somebody is going to want money for it.

Even without their promotion, this has gained a life of its own. Somebody just donated $200 and with that Crackstarter is now doing $1300 per hour with 15hr to go. I've noticed some names that I had seen in the first days so people are doubling up on their contributions. I don't see this not making the $200K. At this rate, it'll be finished around dinner time and will make the evening news.

It doesn't seem unusual at all - they have to ensure they do their due dilligence in making sure people are informed before they make their donation. Their credibility is on the line.

$9,000 to reach target with 14 hours to go.

Let's see, that would require 15 baseheads, each pilfering the contents of 2 garages per hour and averaging $21 per garage in loose change, empty bottles, propane tanks and used BBQs. The haul would need to be liquidated immediately. Then, we would need to talk them into investing those proceeds in public justice project, instead burning them in a pipe like their mayor taught them ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back