1.1K     5 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 570     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, the Fords are so ominously boxed-in, I wouldn't be surprised that if either of them attempted to take a flight to Florida or Chicago ostensibly for "rest" or for "business", the cops would be in wait for them--maybe that'd be the "white Bronco" moment...

There is no shortage of theories, scenarios or origins of the “tape” that none of us has seen but many of us are almost pre-orgasmic about the possibility that what we may see is true and will set the bells tolling for our Mayor's demise.

Our Mayor, for whom I voted in the absence of a viable candidate who espoused many of my opinions of how a City should be run, has done some dumb stuff since being elected. But none as dumb as smoking dope in a place he does not control with people he also doesn't control or even know.

Dope is portable and widely available from many sources that appear quite legitimate. It is not necessary to visit the lowest step on the distribution ladder and consume the product in their presence, just specify delivery.

We are told that the video is of excellent quality and clearly shows the Mayor smoking, it must be true because these Gangsta types couldn't possibly manipulate video files at such a high technical level. Well, they don't have to because the materials and expertise to provide masks exist and are readily available at a reasonable price. Starving artists (who hate Rob Ford) able to create a latex mask abound in our fair City and would be delighted to crap on the Mayor and pick up a Grand or two on the way.

Why would Somalian drug runners spend a thousand or two on such a caper? Let's pretend that the street level guys are pawns in a much larger scheme the principals of which are not out to embarrass
the Mayor but to sell their video for 6 figures.

This is my Machiavellian contribution to the event, lots of others have taken a shot, this is mine.

If this tape ever surfaces and is judged to be genuine then Mr. Ford deserves to be trashed, not for drugs use but for stupidity.

There is no shortage of theories, scenarios or origins of the “tape†that none of us has seen but many of us are almost pre-orgasmic about the possibility that what we may see is true and will set the bells tolling for our Mayor's demise.

Our Mayor, for whom I voted in the absence of a viable candidate who espoused many of my opinions of how a City should be run, has done some dumb stuff since being elected. But none as dumb as smoking dope in a place he does not control with people he also doesn't control or even know.

Dope is portable and widely available from many sources that appear quite legitimate. It is not necessary to visit the lowest step on the distribution ladder and consume the product in their presence, just specify delivery.

We are told that the video is of excellent quality and clearly shows the Mayor smoking, it must be true because these Gangsta types couldn't possibly manipulate video files at such a high technical level. Well, they don't have to because the materials and expertise to provide masks exist and are readily available at a reasonable price. Starving artists (who hate Rob Ford) able to create a latex mask abound in our fair City and would be delighted to crap on the Mayor and pick up a Grand or two on the way.

Why would Somalian drug runners spend a thousand or two on such a caper? Let's pretend that the street level guys are pawns in a much larger scheme the principals of which are not out to embarrass
the Mayor but to sell their video for 6 figures.

This is my Machiavellian contribution to the event, lots of others have taken a shot, this is mine.

If this tape ever surfaces and is judged to be genuine then Mr. Ford deserves to be trashed, not for drugs use but for stupidity.

Is this serious? Did they take audio recordings of Ford's voice and sync it to the video? Maybe they used a voice changer?

you're joking right? a latex mask? created by a 'starving artist' yet.
you think that would fool two experienced investigative reporters from the Star? it wouldn't fool a six year old.

The only possible explanation for the video is a Rob Ford look-alike was used. Perhaps this guy who was at last years Pride parade:

PRIDE_PARADE_2011__64.jpg

Photo credit: Christian Peña Photography

Is this serious? Did they take audio recordings of Ford's voice and sync it to the video? Maybe they used a voice changer?
Anyone who thinks this video could easily he faked is beyond stupid.

The fact of the matter is that there is no way to digitally recreate the mayor accurately enough to pass it off as a fake

The only way I could possibly imagine them faking it is if they somehow made a facemask of the mayor. There are some incredibly talented mask designers down in Hollywood that create some incredibly realistic looking masks. However, for this to be done it would almost certainly require the cooperation of the mayor. You wouldn't be able to recreate the mayors face accurately without him physically present. And even then, it would be very easy for just about anyone to tell its a mask.

And then there's the problem of finding someone who is the same weight, height, skin tone and build as out mayor. Not as easy as it seems.

And then there's the issue of the voice. It is unlikely that they'd be able to find anyone who sounds like the mayor without publicly advertising it. They could have attempted to synthesize his voice, but the technology required to do it is primitive at best.

Furthermore, the video was apparantly HD 720p in a well light room. Hardly the ideal setup for a fake. If they were faking it they'd prefer low quality video in a poorly lit room so that details can't be seen.

So faking this video is completely impractical. if the drug dealers did somehow manage to fake it, it would literally be a landmark achievement in video production since this has never been done before.

they don't have to because the materials and expertise to provide masks exist and are readily available at a reasonable price.

This must be it....they do it on mission impossible all the time, and that's real, isn't it?

Who says Ford supporters will say anything to support their guy?

I'm being told that on Friday Ford was very close to being convinced by his advisors (including Doug) that he needs to step away from the limelight or risk the video coming out and police having no option but to pursue criminal charges. He would admit he has a problem and will seek help and that he'll be back (presumably at the next election) to work for the people of Toronto.

But of course he's too pig headed and too proud to do that. He's probably gambling the farm on terrible odds (as usual) that the video will never come out and he'll just be more careful next time.

We'll see what he says because he's going to have to address this on Tuesday. There's still a real possibility that he might be convinced over the weekend to bail out on all of this by resigning.

EDIT: As for the fundraiser, the Steven Debus offer of $50K to host the video unveiling at a Toronto event would really change the game. This event could attract other deep pocketed Torontonians using the event as an exposure opportunity, sort of like a sponsorship. Stores and companies drop thousands on high profile events all the time. I don't think we'd get Coca-Cola or McDonalds involved, but a publication like NOW or a local leftie type shop (i.e.Duke's Cycle) might be willing to kick in $10K or more to get their banner up at the event and name in the media.

Last edited:
I'm being told that on Friday Ford was very close to being convinced by his advisors (including Doug) that he needs to step away from the limelight or risk the video coming out and police having no option but to pursue criminal charges. He would admit he has a problem and will seek help and that he'll be back (presumably at the next election) to work for the people of Toronto.

But of course he's too pig headed and too proud to do that. He's probably gambling the farm on terrible odds (as usual) that the video will never come out and he'll just be more careful next time.

I'm glad he's made this dumb decision. Makes it more likely the video will come out. And we'll finally get rid of this clown for good.

EDIT: As for the fundraiser, the Steven Debus offer of $50K to host the video unveiling at a Toronto event would really change the game. This event could attract other deep pocketed Torontonians using the event as an exposure opportunity, sort of like a sponsorship. Stores and companies drop thousands on high profile events all the time. I don't think we'd get Coca-Cola or McDonalds involved, but a publication like NOW or a local leftie type shop (i.e.Duke's Cycle) might be willing to kick in $10K or more to get their banner up at the event and name in the media.

I'm curious about why Debus is so interested in this. I'd expect him to be an event organizer but he apparently works for an apparel company called Modrobes. Can't imagine what interest he'd have in taking down Ford other than the potential media attention.

Anyways, I really do hope he follows through on his offer. A Gawker party in Toronto would attract quite the crowd. I've always had a feeling that Toronto would throw a massive party the day this guy is removed from office :rolleyes:.

I'm glad he's made this dumb decision. Makes it more likely the video will come out. And we'll finally get rid of this clown for good.

Resigning could go either way. It could completely deflate the campaign for the video to come out because the desired outcome of many of the donors would have been fulfilled. Ford would be admitting that such a video exists without it actually becoming public giving the police the discretion of letting the issue die. On the other hand, resigning and therefore admitting that the video is real could get a lot of people curious to see the actual video. The author might even release it anyway realizing that it's no longer worth anything.

The fact that he hasn't issued a firm denial could mean that he hasn't made up his mind about taking the advice of his advisors. The Tuesday council meeting is going to be very interesting and I think he'll have to issue a statement regardless of his decision.

This must be it....they do it on mission impossible all the time, and that's real, isn't it?

Who says Ford supporters will say anything to support their guy?

lol...and even in Mission Impossible, the mask looked totally fake. There was just something about it that looked...off. Same thing with the old man in Prometheus. All I could think was, why is the old man played by a young man with a mask? Sure enough, the actor behind all that makeup was Guy Pierce. If movies with $100+ million budgets can't make a young actor look old, we're supposed to believe that starving artists can produce a fake Rob Ford? It really is amazing how his defenders are scrambling to come up with this stuff.

Last edited:
Resigning could go either way. It could completely deflate the campaign for the video to come out because the desired outcome of many of the donors would have been fulfilled. Ford would be admitting that such a video exists without it actually becoming public giving the police the discretion of letting the issue die. On the other hand, resigning and therefore admitting that the video is real could get a lot of people curious to see the actual video. The author might even release it anyway realizing that it's no longer worth anything.

Personally, I think that admitting he has a problem, resigning, going to rehab, and coming back in the next election as a "changed man" still out to "fight for the taxpayer" will just galvanize his base. It'll be spun into "but I thought lefties say we have to give addicts and the mentally ill a second chance...lefty hypocrites" by the SAL's of the city...and it will fucking work.

lol...and even in Mission Impossible, the mask looked totally fake. There was just something about it that looked...off. Same thing with the old man in Prometheus. All I could think was, why is the old man played by a young man with a mask? Sure enough, the actor behind all that makeup was Guy Pierce. If movies with $100+ million budgets can't make a young actor look old, we're supposed to believe that starving artists can produce a fake Rob Ford? It really is amazing how his defenders are scrambling to come up with this stuff.

I'm convinced Spider is running high-level flame and is styling on us all making us look like chumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back