1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 409     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given what I knew at the time of the election, he was the least bad choice.

I don't understand this. It seems so obvious what a disaster Ford would be, I can't wrap my head around how people thought he wasn't dangerous. It was there for all to see.

Wait, committing felony drug possession is now just a "gaff" and lack of "polish"? Hard drug use by a manager of a city of 4 million, who oversees a huge budget of public money, is simply an "imperfection"? Boy, your standards sure are low...

Yet you would support government sponsored safe injection sites. Who's standards are low?

Yet you would support government sponsored safe injection sites. Who's standards are low?

What's that got to do with anything? Nobody is advocating that junkies should run major cities!

Honestly, to me, the worst part about this alleged video is that Rob Ford is so incredibly stupid that he would smoke crack *at his drug dealers house*, rather than in the privacy of his own home!

I don't think the police in this city have the kidneys to do the right thing and charge Ford right now

Well let's not kid ourselves. In our very lenient justice system no one gets charged

-based on a video (that's currently unavailable)
-based on perhaps a 'drug dealers' testimony (would not happen)

and even if the video is available, you can also smoke plenty of other stuff out of a 'glass pipe'.

I wouldn't expect anyone to be prosecuted based on that type of evidence.

Good for you do you want a ribbon or something? Given what I knew at the time of the election, he was the least bad choice.

In other words, you knew squat about any of the candidates (including Ford), and isntead of doing some research, you supported Ford because he had a catchy slogan. GRAVY!

In other words, you knew squat about any of the candidates (including Ford), and isntead of doing some research, you supported Ford because he had a catchy slogan. GRAVY!

Well no. I think most voters were fully aware of his gaffs.

There were not that many good candidates to get behind

Rossi would have been by far the least amount of baggage and most qualified (until he had to pull too many stunts to get his names in the headings)
Smitherman - way too much bagage
Pantalone - people wanted change from Miller

its disturbing to think there is only one copy of this thing. i hope he doesn't delete it in a panic. its way bigger than him at this point. one would hope that the police already have the phone in their possession.

worst case scenario is that the video never sees the light of day, and we get involved in a 'he said-he said' with Ford doing his 'the Star is out to get me' routine, and the angry knuckleheads rally behind him all over again. i know its doubtful at this point but its a scary thought.

If a libel case emerges out of this hoopla (from either Ford or the Star/Gawker), I wonder if the video and/or the dealer can be subpoenaed to set the record straight.

There were not that many good candidates to get behind

Rossi would have been by far the least amount of baggage and most qualified (until he had to pull too many stunts to get his names in the headings)
Smitherman - way too much bagage
Pantalone - people wanted change from Miller

I didn't like any of them either, but to call Pants sneaky when all this is going on is hilarious. To say Smitherman has baggage in the face of what's happening now is also hilarious. You were duped and knowingly voted for a complete moron because he said he'd lower your taxes.

And yet voted for him anyways. For a bunch of individuals whose mantra is "personal responsibility" (on others) one certainly try their darnest to ease out of it.

Supporting the reduction of harm to the individual doesn't mean condoning the use of hard drugs, much less approving of our chief magistrate doing so with clear deteriment to city business. Who is moving the goalpost now?

AoD

Last edited:
Put things in perspective...

Ford Smoking Crack Cocaine on his personal time or
Olivia Chow (with Jack Layton) living in subsidized housing while on salary as a City Councillor (how the heck did she even get in when an apperent 60k waiting list exists)

I for one think the latter is a much more sever crime on society.

If anything, I'd be more worried about Doug Ford.. he seems to relish in fastforwarding multi-million/billion dollar developments behind closed doors.

I hate how people on these forums just blatantly lie and try to mislead people. STOP IT!

Ford says it's "ridiculous" and blames the Star. Apparently he doesn't know about Gawker either ...
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...andal_mayor_must_respond_councillor_says.html

Looks like efforts to convince him to resign failed and he's back on the "they're out to get me" strategy. For how long though? The video is hard evidence and it'll get out. The seller is probably feeling hot under the collar and will probably take any offer now, just to get this off his hands.

No I actually researched all of them becasue I really didn't want to vote Ford. Sarah Thompson was becoming appealing, but then she quit. Smitherman and Pants were not even an option for me and Rossi dropped out as well after prominsing everything - didn't he want to extend the Allen expressway.

I knew Ford would be a Chris Farley-esque Mayor, but it was the best option from a pitiful slate of candidates.

As for Gravy, no I didn't beleive it (yes there would be some, but not as much as he thought)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back