1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough ... I was choosing the word from what I'd have thought your point of view was. But it was a poor choice of words. I should have said assumed.

Though I still think that your assumption I was gay ... and your need to bring it into the thread, says a lot about your prejudices.

I've been on UT for a while, and I wouldn't say it's an assumption on my part, but you're right, it is unimportant. I'm just a bit confused as to why you would say it's more important than anything else in this story.

But, overall, you're right. I shouldn't (and won't) mention my presumed ideas of other members in my arguments. They should stand on their own.
After the inter UT drama...onto the Fords...

I've been hearing about news about to break from a source who's been 100% correct every time he's given me a tip. After the nature of the scandal was blown open by Gawker, I called my source and he gave me further details. The police has seen the video or is aware of its contents and there's no way Ford will get away with no charges. He's the Mayor and has connections to a criminal drug ring even if just as a regular buyer. Like I said, "This is a big fucking deal". There's a very strong indication that this will end with Ford led away in cuffs.

Let's hope your source is correct. To see Ford lead away in cuffs would be the ultimate end to his term as mayor. Almost makes the three years we had him as mayor worth it.

I've been hearing about news about to break from a source who's been 100% correct every time he's given me a tip. After the nature of the scandal was blown open by Gawker, I called my source and he gave me further details. The police has seen the video or is aware of its contents and there's no way Ford will get away with no charges. He's the Mayor and has connections to a criminal drug ring even if just as a regular buyer. Like I said, "This is a big fucking deal". There's a very strong indication that this will end with Ford led away in cuffs.

Has your source said when we can expect an arrest?

Let's hope your source is correct. To see Ford lead away in cuffs would be the ultimate end to his term as mayor. Almost makes the three years we had him as mayor worth it.

He was already correct. I posted his tip a couple of days ago telling me that something big was about to hit after an eerie calm. Then bam. The same source also tipped me as to when the Ford conflict of interest verdict would come even though there was no chatter anywhere else about the verdict coming soon. We've also talked about other things that all turned out to be true. Let's just say that my source doesn't like Ford very much but Ford thinks he's like family to him.

Has your source said when we can expect an arrest?

My source doesn't have insider info in the Police, but from what he knows the Police are aware of, there are absolutely grounds for an arrest and even Doug and a Ford staffer are implicated.

I've been on UT for a while, and I wouldn't say it's an assumption on my part, but you're right, it is unimportant.
Thanks.

I'm just a bit confused as to why you would say it's more important than anything else in this story.
I didn't say it's more important. Only that (in my mind at least), being a bigot is worse than being a drug addict. That he's a drug addict is the bigger story. Though neither are exactly news.

Mostly though I'm celebrating because he's confirmed so many stories about him in one single incident. Pretty much covers the entire gambit - other than the wife beating and death threats (and who knows, perhaps his wife was lying ...).

Last edited:
... and even Doug and a Ford staffer are implicated.
Please be Towhey, please be Towhey, please be Towhey ...

Seriously though ... how can any staffers stay with Ford after this? How does this look on their CV? How does it look if they still stay now?

Thanks.

I didn't say it's more important. Only that (in my mind at least), being a bigot is worse than being a drug addict. That he's a drug addict is the bigger story. Though neither are exactly news.

Mostly though I'm celebrating because he's confirmed so many stories about him in one single incident. Pretty much covers the entire gambit - other than the wife beating and death threats (and who knows, perhaps his wife was lying ...).

Yes, enough of splitting hairs. We can now both sit back and have a collective "oh god, yes" moment, in lieu of the leafs making it further in the playoffs.

Progressive Toronto, here is our "I told you so" moment. Enjoy, but let's not be too smug (beyond the now).

Please be Towhey, please be Towhey, please be Towhey ...

Seriously though ... how can any staffers stay with Ford after this? How does this look on their CV? How does it look if they still stay now?

This might actually explain Sue Ann Levy finally distancing herself from Ford in the last few days. Certainly I wasn't the only one aware that a political career ending scandal -- for real this time -- was about to drop. The Star has known for two weeks and likely other media outlets as well.

How does Ford spin this one? I could see the cracks in the conflict of interest scandal: "They want to kick me out for raising money for kids". Is Ford helping out down on their luck misunderstood crack dealers this time? There's no excuse. When the video is released -- and it will be -- expect a mass exodus from his supporters. This is not something you want to be attached to.

Last edited:
I could see the cracks in the conflict of interest scandal

Great choice of words.

Chris Rock on Barry. Listen to the set-up conspiracy stuff. It's like some on the right will be here, I'm sure.

http://youtu.be/d3WILcavxQM

haha that was completely unintentional. I'm usually aware when I'm making a pun, that one was right under my nose (hee hee) and I missed it.

Ford is finished if this video comes out. It's pretty much that simple. If it were anybody other than Ford, I'd be worried that he'd Budd Dwyer himself over night or at a press conference in the morning but Rob loves himself too much.

This thread has been insightful (particularly MetroMan's comments. Oh how I hope they're true). If this video leaks it'd be some kind of miracle if Rob Ford remained in office. A crack smoking, homophobic bigot as mayor would be just too much to handle.

Ford is finished if this video comes out. It's pretty much that simple. If it were anybody other than Ford, I'd be worried that he'd Budd Dwyer himself over night or at a press conference in the morning but Rob loves himself too much.

If he's as much as of addict as it seems he may be (and he certainly seems more than a little unstable right now - even by his standards), that's a real possibility. Scary stuff. As much as I can't stand him, it's all to do with the fact that he holds influence. He shouldn't be where he is. He just can't handle it, he never could. I really hope this doesn't destroy him as a person. I'm now only realizing that it probably will. Wow, ok. Now I'm worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back