Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 11.16.36 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 11.16.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 11.16.18 AM.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 584
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 11.16.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 11.16.36 AM.png
    33 KB · Views: 577
They are also planning a 'celebration' at the Toronto Congress Center in Etobicoke. They're really milking this. I hope the turnout is recorded.

They are also planning a 'celebration' at the Toronto Congress Center in Etobicoke. They're really milking this. I hope the turnout is recorded.

There'll probably be a few hundred people, Doug will say there were tens of thousands, and CPtwentyford will say there were tens of thousands.

They'll probably be writing down name, telephone numbers, etc. for the needed supporters of whichever Ford family member will be the next political "rising star".

It's time I sent a big thank you to the Ford family (aka the Canadian Kennedys)…

Without you I never would have become politically involved with my city. Like many others, I watched these shenanigans with amusement at first and then concern. But it wasn’t till my own 80 year-old mother was given the middle finger by the mayor of her own city, that this became somewhat personal for me.

I wrote about that pathetic episode early on in this thread and that anger led to a feeling of needing to do something, as others here had done. So I attended my first political protest at NPS.

After that, I volunteered for the first time with a rival campaign.

I’m not unemployed, a communist, a tree-hugger or a bike-riding pinko. I’m a taxpayer and I have the expectation that my city will be governed in a sensible and ethical manner, regardless of left or right leaning politicians. I have a lot of respect for our current mayor. Sorry if you don’t like that, I’m just “telling it like it is”…

So thank you again, Ford family. Thank you for leaving a big, greasy stain on this city. Just don’t assume that we won’t be vigilant in the future.

“Now that we know these kinds of bullshit, we can recognize it way better, right? Bullshitters have gotten pretty lazy, and their work is easily detected. So I say to you tonight, friends. The best defense against bullshit is vigilance. So if you smell something, say something." Jon Stewart

Last edited:
"Doug booked a cavernous space at the Toronto Congress Centre and hired an audiovisual and staging company. He figured five thousand people would come, so he told the world they were expecting ten thousand and booked a space big enough to handle more than that. ...I stepped in and made sure the space would be curtained off at about fifteen hundred seats. If we needed more tables, we could pull back the curtains; if we didn't, the hall wouldn't look empty.

As for the refreshments - somebody at some meeting asked what kind of cheese they should have. The answer, I recall clearly, was "both kinds" - meaning white and orange cheddar. Plus "that marbled one" to spice things up. On the day, enough cheddar showed up to feed an army regiment. I wasn't crazy about serving wine, but that was a Ford family tradition. So Randy Ford...negotiated a bulk order of cheap wine from a local supplier. Cheese. Wine. Done." (Towhey)

It won't be enough to keep her household going without a steady income. Even living frugally, she's going to need $50,000 a year just to make ends meet. Something tells me that Renata doesn't make soup from scratch. Unless he had private coverage, maybe through Deco, the amount Renata will get will not last until the kids reach their majority. She might have to go to work at Deco.:rolleyes:

What did she even do for a living?

She's a housewife. The fact that her parents come over every day to look after the kids should tell you how good she is at that job too. Rob wasn't the only one with serious addiction issues.
She's all of that, but at least until now she's had the sense to stay away from the ruckus and keep her mouth shut. This does not bode well for her and the kids. Even the grieving Mother of the Deceased hasn't made any statements. I think Diane is the one they plead for privacy for. She won't be served up for public scrutiny.

She's a housewife. The fact that her parents come over every day to look after the kids should tell you how good she is at that job too. Rob wasn't the only one with serious addiction issues.
Are her parents still doing that? I know they were before.

I wonder if Towhey, Price, Lisi, the Bassos etc. will show up at city hall next week. Or if the casket will be open.

I wonder if Towhey, Price, Lisi, the Bassos etc. will show up at city hall next week. Or if the casket will be open.

Grim, but I can't imagine an open casket - if he wanted to let people know what he looked like during this second round, there would have been photos - and there was nary a hint of that. The cancer look can be pretty jarring to those not expecting it.

AoD

The vitriol displayed in this thread is utterly disgusting and makes Trump's despicable conduct seem mild by comparison. A man has fallen victim to a horrible disease at a very young age. A father, a husband, a brother and yes, a troubled and very controversial former mayor of the biggest city in Canada. Your criticisms have been noted, I assure you. The moderators should really shut this thread down. Is that what this forum is about? Spewing hatred and animosity at fallen leaders?

If you are that fixated on the past, I suggest you look deep within yourself at the source of your anger and frustrations- I can assure you it doesn't actually emanate from a deeply troubled person who tragically no longer walks the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back