1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 768     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
One UT poster said he wrote something in the Condolence book. You are the one who has morphed that into "mocking Rob to his children". You don't even know what he wrote! IIRC, that poster, JuanLennon or something like that, has a pretty mild/sympathetic attitude to Rob.*

(*I could be wrong/mixing them up with someone else; I'm not perfect :p)

Juan, like cowboy, is another of the pro-RoFo trolls we get around here from time to time.

So basically, one pro-RoFo troll says he's signed the book on our behalf wink wink, another pro-RoFo troll then claims that's proof we're all mockng the kids because omg whargarbl. Idiots the lot of them.

You guys are seriously some of the most delusional people I've ever talked to. Its one thing to hate this guy or revel in his death, but its another to want to mock him to his children, who just lost a dad.

Do the other people on here seriously support this attitude?

Y'know: once again, I don't get why you're selectively reading reports/assessments on the situation at hand as "advocacy". We're not "advocating". We're reporting, using history and historical patterns on our behalf. Big difference. And in order to do so, well, we have to look beyond pussyfooting on behalf of "the children". Children have to learn and be prepared, early, for living and existing in the grown-up world, esp. when their parent is a public figure of some notoriety. Yeah, it's rough; but in the end, properly handled, acknowledgment of the ugly truth--(ideally) not about their family per se, but that of the "bigger picture"--makes them stronger. "Streetproofs" them. Better that than "shhhh, don't tell them, don't even expose them; kids be delicate creatures." That's as bad as covering up homosexuality.

okay, so that Warmington article is something else. They're covering their a** (and Yuen's) with the Dougie interview by, well, blaming Dougie for coming out to talk to the Sun. Rob was never an addict per Renata, he was "persecuted".

Flaherty was raised Catholic but he and his wife began attending the Anglican church "late in life" according to CBC, so I guess had some options (that made sense).
Flaherty and Elliott were regular attendees of All Saints Anglican Church in Whitby. A friend of mine who used to live there and attend All Saints said their triplet sons were holy terrors back in the day. The incumbent priest of All Saints (coincidently a former priest of my church) also participated in Flaherty's funeral at St. James.

I guess the Fords figured if it was classy enough for Jim, it would do for them too. And as someone said somewhere around here, those church roof repairs etc. don't pay for themselves.

Here's Rob's obit from Newediuk Funeral Home: http://www.newediukfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/2442756/Ford-Robert-Bruce-Rob/obituary.php

Who wrote this? Apparently Ward 2 has had no representation since 2014 (or the millennium). Was Rob not "beloved" or at least "remembered" by his in-laws? I guess Polish names are hard. Is Renata an only child (is she - who would know)? Is the family really going to be at City Hall to receive the public for 8 hours Monday and 14 hours Tuesday? Who do they think they are - Celine Dion? How did the Ford name wind up on the Panov program? It's not stated that way on the Mount Sinai website.

OMG, now the Sun has an article by Worms with Rob's last words, "I don't want to leave you guys". Plus Renata has promised the kids a puppy now because Rob had allergies. You can't make this shit up. Privacy indeed.

A *puppy*?!? How wretchedly infantile and stunted can you get. If I may be pro-RoFoKids for a sec, they need *much much* more than a puppy--a puppy's like a band-aid on a boo-boo and a kiss to make it better.

Though, thinking again about Dougie's "got us lots of toys" statement; well, when I think of it, DoFo's value to the K's has basically consisted of him "giving them lots of toys", lots of money so they can get lots of Instagram bling--and maybe by extension, grooming *them* as "toys" in their turn, concubines for DoFo's meathead buds a la Dave Haynes...

IIRC Renata has a brother and I think both her parents are still alive. Remember this was probably written by Doug, so the only people that matter are listed. Actually, Renata's lucky she got a mention. She's only a Ford by marriage and that really doesn't count.

Interesting, Renata downplays his substance abuse issues, despite him saying in interviews that he was an addict.

“We all have our problems,” she said, but Rob’s were blown way out of proportion.

“He was never an addict. Being an addict is a day-to-day thing. That isn’t the way it was.”

What it was, she said, was a “persecution” that had people “purposely torturing him to give it (the mayor’s job) up and he would not give it up.”

IIRC Renata has a brother and I think both her parents are still alive. Remember this was probably written by Doug, so the only people that matter are listed. Actually, Renata's lucky she got a mention. She's only a Ford by marriage and that really doesn't count.

Renata's parents are the ones who look after the kids each day.

Interesting, Renata downplays his substance abuse issues, despite him saying in interviews that he was an addict.
I'm not surprised that's what she's saying, she's not about to speak poorly about Rob now that he's dead. Plus she's got to stay on the right side of Doug and Diane, they write the cheques and now that Rob's pay has stopped, she's going to need every cent she can get.

Being an addict or partaking drugs is the least of the issue in and on its' own - it is all that is around it (i.e. association with questionable characters, his inability to perform, blatant stonewalling, etc) that is problematical in the context of his job.

Anyone with self-respect, self-awareness and respect for the office would have resigned a long time ago. Instead, we have someone holding the city hostage because he is too proud (because we all knew how much he loved that chain of office) and boneheaded, causing himself grief. Casting him as the victim is just pathetic.

AoD

Last edited:
I'm not surprised that's what she's saying, she's not about to speak poorly about Rob now that he's dead. Plus she's got to stay on the right side of Doug and Diane, they write the cheques and now that Rob's pay has stopped, she's going to need every cent she can get.
Makes me think Ford was being disingenuous during his addiction confessional interviews.

On a more serious side, you've got to wonder about the power dynamics in the family now - particularly just how financially independent Renata and the kids could be.

AoD
If I was her, I'd take the insurance money et al and emigrate. If she has Polish citizenship, you could start up a new life there in the EU. Otherwise, go the USA sunbelt, raise the kids in Texas or somewhere warm and away from the Fords.

If I was her, I'd take the insurance money et al and emigrate. If she has Polish citizenship, you could start up a new life there in the EU. Otherwise, go the USA sunbelt, raise the kids in Texas or somewhere warm and away from the Fords.

Except the kids, which may have huge amounts of difficulties adapting, plus her own demons - and gawd know if that's still around.

AoD

Do you think he had life insurance? For my plan you have to be under 300 pounds. Or if you were over 300 and have lost weight you have to show you've maintained that loss for a year before getting coverage. Maybe he paid a premium for some plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back