492     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 1.9K     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 652     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has followed and unfollowed me a few times. From what I can tell. he isn't hardcore Ford Nation, but still not big on the current mayor.
He seems to despise Tory beyond his policies. He's not Ford nation but sometimes hates on Tory with people like Levy and Graeme. I think it's someone Tory might've burned in the past, now he's obsessed with bringing him down.

K'naan holding auditions in Etobicoke for HBO series
Auditions were held for poets and artists ages of 17-25 Friday and will continue Saturday
Born in Somalia and raised in Toronto's Dixon Road community, K'naan is turning to the neighbourhood he once called home to find a star for a new television series called The Recruiters.

Auditions for the role of a "young Somali man" were held for poets, musicians and rappers between the ages of 17 and 25 in Etobicoke on Friday at Thistletown Community Centre and will continue Saturday at the Somali Immigrant Aid Organization on Weston Road.
[...]
Various U.S. media reports, including a story in The Hollywood Reporter, say the series will zero in on the process of recruitment of young Somali men into Islamic extremist groups.

CBC News could not independently confirm the subject the series will explore.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/knaan-auditions-recruiters-1.3372931

And never mind Trump; re this kind of powderkeg demo, I'd wonder if there'd be some unsavoury individual out there who'd actually recruit such suicidal individuals on behalf of suicide-bombing incidents. Sort of like, goodbye cruel world and take down hundreds of people in Times Square or some such familiar node.

Maybe we *would* be seeing it now, were it not for the strategic typecasting of suicide bombing as a 72-virgins "Eastern" thing, doing it for Allah, etc etc...

It is happening in the US, but its the FBI recruiting petty thugs to turn informants and be sent into Muslim communities and mosques to find vulnerable (poor) Muslim youths and try to talk them into a "plot" to commit terrorist acts. FBI supplies funds, vehicles, fake bombs and 'plots'. I've seen some videos of disgruntled "informants" interviewed by journalists describing what they were asked to do even after it was perfectly clear that the targetted dupes were not interested in 'jihad'. These stories have been coming out in US "independent" and alternate media for years.

If the Bureau was smarter maybe they could find some of the mad-as-hell Planned Parenthood or school suicide- mass-murderers and be able to save some American lives. Oh, right, saving American lives is not the job of National Security. That's the job of the NRA.

Alan, anything else you can tell us about your "interview" with Filion? He sounds like a real chatty guy. Did you have to specify "off the record" at any point?
A little bit but nothing too juicey for you guys really. He basically outlined his premise upfront: he was trying to find out why Ford is the way he is and also that he's not the terrible person people make him out to be. I just shared a couple of football stories: how badly he seemed to want to impress Doug Sr. when he came to one of our games and some of the class warfare stuff he used to try to instill in us when playing Richview, which is basically a public school for the elite.

I find this, so insulting! None of these stories about Mike Kiklas where told by a family member. I was his wife at the time of his death. I can't believe the lie's that have been told and how ignorant people are to believe everything they read! A father was taken away from his children. A murderer was set free, only to commit another violent crime. Those are the facts, that is the issue. Not the crap that this reporter has written. Jacqualine.

I find this, so insulting! None of these stories about Mike Kiklas where told by a family member. I was his wife at the time of his death. I can't believe the lie's that have been told and how ignorant people are to believe everything they read! A father was taken away from his children. A murderer was set free, only to commit another violent crime. Those are the facts, that is the issue. Not the crap that this reporter has written. Jacqualine.
i really hope what i'm about to say is taken in the right way. if i were speaking i wouldn't so be worried, but with this being text... i just hope you see i mean no harm and am just trying to understand.

the excerpts that i shared / highlighted mainly discuss stirpe... who i agree has done some reprehensible things and definitely should not have been released when he was.

there's really only one part that discusses kiklas (outside of his murder), and since you brought up being his wife, i'm pretty sure it's the part you are insulted by, namely (from crazy town)...

moved in with kiklas.JPG

if that's a lie, and since you feel that none of the stories have been told by kiklas' family members, please feel free to share your truth. i'm sure many of us on here would totally appreciate hearing more from a different side, seriously... especially since we know how convoluted stories can get when retold by the fords.

Attachments

• moved in with kiklas.JPG
    moved in with kiklas.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 731
A little bit but nothing too juicey for you guys really. He basically outlined his premise upfront: he was trying to find out why Ford is the way he is and also that he's not the terrible person people make him out to be. I just shared a couple of football stories: how badly he seemed to want to impress Doug Sr. when he came to one of our games and some of the class warfare stuff he used to try to instill in us when playing Richview, which is basically a public school for the elite.
Sounds like he played football coach the same way he played Mayor: Rules? What rules? Only MY rules matter here.

My kid played MTHL and the coach and the hockey moms were a nightmare.

Last edited:
Top 10 winners and losers of 2015: Hepburn
And now the losers:
[...]
2. Hockey Hall of Fame: Officials at the hockey shrine claim they had no say in the appointment of Toronto’s controversial ex-mayor Rob Ford to its board of directors. They should have told the City of Toronto, which gets to select three directors, that the optics were disgraceful and they didn’t want Ford.
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2015/12/20/top-10-winners-and-losers-of-2015-hepburn.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back