News   Jul 12, 2024
 976     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 366     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
lorettalmj 2:35pm via Twitter for iPhone

My dad told me some grim info about rob ford from uhn that the public isn't supposed to know yet. It ain't a pretty story for the man.

How about a kick in the goolies for the TorSun management knobs who approve his copy? They're playing too.

Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 4.48.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 4.48.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 4.49.01 PM.png

(But note that, in the particular case just reported, the defamatory statements were in a blog by Levant, not in a Sun publication or on a Sun broadcast or web site.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 4.48.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 4.48.39 PM.png
    25 KB · Views: 566
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 4.48.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 4.48.48 PM.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 565
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 4.49.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 4.49.01 PM.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:

My dad told me some grim info about rob ford from uhn that the public isn't supposed to know yet. It ain't a pretty story for the man.

Then your dad should lose his job.

Agree w PinkLucy if applicable. But, took a quick look through her Twitter TL. (1) She doesn't strike one as a leading candidate for impeccable source on this (or anything else, for that matter). (2) Does not appear that her father works at any of the UHN hospitals (or any other Toronto hospital, for that matter).*

(*Of course, does not preclude possibility that he was at MSH for some other reason and overheard something.)

Last edited:
Warmington continues to embarrass himself. And I guess Rob is going to put a damper on the Cavalcade of Lights tonight. He might go out in a blaze of glory since he has nothing to lose at his last official event.

I think he'll feel too sick from the chemo treatment to go, plus I don't think he'll want to celebrate his last official duty as mayor. Then again, he might want to grab his last few minutes of fame and he'll chance getting sick again.

eta - I'm betting he stays home, but I could be wrong, I'm not perfect:D

Just tweeted. (No source/basis indicated, tho', for the final sentence.*)

Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 5.13.37 PM.png

(*The reply to Ford's official account is not in reply to a tweet about tonight's event; the last tweet on that site is a day old and nothing to do with tonight. I'm guessing she just uses reply to that account as a way to tag her tweets about Ford in such a way that they will turn up for people who follow that account.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 5.13.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 5.13.37 PM.png
    42 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:

Given that it's RoFo, the "ain't a pretty story" could be either health-related or misbehaviour-related (cf. Don Bosco, Greenestone, etc)

- Tory will sit on the police board to help ease tensions....
- Doug Ford: “It’s a terrible idea, they were the only two that held police accountable”

Oh Doug. Wonder how he's going to feel starting Monday when no one but Joey Worms will call him up to find out what he thinks about anything?

Doug's second favourite thing about being a city councillor was all the media attention that came with being Rob Ford's brother. (His favourite, of course, was getting to play at big city power baron). I suspect that Doug is very shortly going to miss being in constant demand for quotes and comment by city hall's finest. I'm sure I'm not alone in relishing his instant descent into media obscurity.

How is Doug going to feel when he calls in to Newstalk to offer comment on something and they say no thanks? Or better yet, "uh...not today. Maybe next week. Our listeners might want to hear how Rob's doing."

This is all why I won't rule out a late bid from Doug for the PCPO leadership...

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 21m 21 minutes ago
Mayor Rob Ford's office says he won't be at Cavalcade of Lights tonight (he just left hospital Friday). His term ends tomorrow #TOpoli

Ending with a whimper.

Last edited:
If I was one of the reporters on the beat, I would have immediately run to JT with this quote and pressed him for a response.

Is it true as Doug claims, Mr. Tory, that you've agreed to adopt a dual or co-Mayor system with Rob Ford? If so, exactly how would that work? Wouldn't this be the first time such an arrangement has been made?

Make him call it out as complete and utter nonsense and force him to acknowledge Doug's asinine douchebaggery and to go on record calling it total wishful DoFo bullshit.

But that's just me I guess.

Actually, there was a response and it was pretty sweet. Best part? It came from Tory's spokesperson, not Tory. No need for John Tory to get down and dirty in a Doug Ford pile of shit.

"With respect to Councillor Ford's suggestion, we welcome input from all councillors but I can assure you there is only one mayor - and that's John Tory," Galbraith said.

Interesting. What can you share?

If you're asking me, nothing. It was just an odd random comment I found on the Twitter that seemed somewhat intriguing. Having looked through the young lady's tweets, though, I am mildly curious why/how pud99 determined Daddy didn't work in a hospital. While he may not be a medical professional, he might be another hospital employee who overheard some juicy gossip from nurses, doctors, lab techs . . .

If you're asking me, nothing. It was just an odd random comment I found on the Twitter that seemed somewhat intriguing. Having looked through the young lady's tweets, though, I am mildly curious why/how pud99 determined Daddy didn't work in a hospital. While he may not be a medical professional, he might be another hospital employee who overheard some juicy gossip from nurses, doctors, lab techs . . .

I bet the original tweeter isn't hearing anything new, just hearing stuff for the first time. Or it's simple garble, a la "purple monkey washing machine."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back