2.3K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're asking me, nothing. It was just an odd random comment I found on the Twitter that seemed somewhat intriguing. Having looked through the young lady's tweets, though, I am mildly curious why/how pud99 determined Daddy didn't work in a hospital. While he may not be a medical professional, he might be another hospital employee who overheard some juicy gossip from nurses, doctors, lab techs . . .

I bet the original tweeter isn't hearing anything new, just hearing stuff for the first time. Or it's simple garble, a la "purple monkey washing machine."

Global News at 6 indicated that Anthony Perruzza would be doing the countdown to the lighting ceremony and that John Tory would be in attendance but not in any official capacity. They reported that Rob had actually left hospital today.

Looks like the last chance for selfies with the CrackSkandalBurgermeister won't be tonight.

Seeing NPS lit up and happy is so nice. The dark cloud is about to dissipate.

I love the annual Xmas get up at NPS, but I abhor crowds, so the lighting ceremony has never been my cup of tea. But last year I attended for the sole purpose of booing Mayor Halfwit. I felt it was my civic duty.

lorettalmj 2:35pm via Twitter for iPhone

My dad told me some grim info about rob ford from uhn that the public isn't supposed to know yet. It ain't a pretty story for the man.

Huh. Bet Dad never thought his progeny would tweet this for all the world to see.

Assuming it's true though, I can't imagine anyone here is surprised. Given all the research we have collectively done on pleomorphic liposarcomas (notwithstanding our collective lack of days in medical school - with the exception of the very knowledgeable Dr. JGHali), it's been pretty clear here from the outset that chemo was not a promising start. Add the fact that chemo round one failed to diminish the tumour to the point of being resectable, there's really been nothing promising to date about Ford's long term survival.

Maybe one thing about this "co-mayor" business is: how can you be a co-mayor without a caucus? I reckon that even his staunchest erstwhile caucus allies would rather get with the JoTo program than be all DoFo about it.

And on a tangent: other than bloodlines, how's Ford Nation supposed to replenish itself? Virtually everyone who's not Ford kin is pretty much unelectable Flagglandia bozo...

So, is it fair to say that the chances of Rob making it to City Hall for Tory's inauguration are pretty slim?

Last edited:
If you're asking me, nothing. It was just an odd random comment I found on the Twitter that seemed somewhat intriguing. Having looked through the young lady's tweets, though, I am mildly curious why/how pud99 determined Daddy didn't work in a hospital. While he may not be a medical professional, he might be another hospital employee who overheard some juicy gossip from nurses, doctors, lab techs . . .

Because his life (according to his daughter's TL) involves constantly traveling to the U.S.; to me, that makes it (as I said in my post) unlikely (I did not say impossible) that he works at a UHN hospital.*

*BTW, I also said in my post: Of course, does not preclude possibility that he was at MSH for some other reason and overheard something.

Last edited:
"I told two friends about it. And they told two friends. And so on, and so on…’”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgDxWNV4wWY

Once again, casita wins the internet for the day.

Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 9.32.43 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 9.32.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 9.32.43 AM.png
    709.6 KB · Views: 586
Last edited:
Today's Sun horror story:

wcxGwn6SdnYMwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
AdrienneBatra
Nunziata speaker,Crawford budget, Robinson public works, Minnan-Wong dep. mayor, Colle TTC in Tory admin http://t.co/agqbtj1UqD #TOpoli
14-11-30 9:14 AM

What a depressing list, let's hope it's up to the usual standard of Sun reporting and mostly wrong. Frances Nunziata was a dreadful speaker who let her own views show so clearly. Not a fun job but there MUST be better choices. (John parker may not have been a good Councillor, he was not re-elected, but he was a pretty good Deputy Speaker who managed to control everyone without being unpleasant!

It's surprising to see how people on the Twitter think that Tory has announced his choices. The Sun was speculating and the next thing you know, Nunziata is speaker again. If Tory decides to go with her I'll be shocked, her voice alone should exclude her from any public speaking.

Maybe Nunziata is the only one that wanted to be speaker and Tory had no choice but to give it to her.

FWIW, Batra describes the position of speaker as coveted. ("A Ford loyalist, Nunziata has taken her lumps as speaker – reviled by the council left-wingers, and sometimes frustrated by the rest – but will continue on in the role others have coveted.")

Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 11.03.09 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 11.03.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 11.03.09 AM.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 768
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back