1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 946     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 359     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think there was ever any evidence to justify the "still" part of your question - did anyone figure out if he was actually doing anything?

I think you're right. I don't recall mention of Mikey and Deco until he needed a cv to go with his candidacy. IIRC he was said to be a student in the days when he frequently chauffeured Rob.

Don't think there was ever any evidence to justify the "still" part of your question - did anyone figure out if he was actually doing anything?

To clarify, "still" in this case I believe, means "Your name is Ford (now), as such you're on the Deco payroll*."

*work ethic optional. See: Mayor Ford

Q. How many of the Fords work at DECO?
A. None of them

IIRC, a while back on IG (or one of those other social media thingies) Krista, not mentioning any company, said she worked "in sales" "from home" (outside on the deck - it was summer...):rolleyes:

Not that there's anything wrong with that...:)

IIRC, a while back on IG (or one of those other social media thingies) Krista, not mentioning any company, said she worked "in sales" "from home" (outside on the deck - it was summer...):rolleyes:

Not that there's anything wrong with that...:)

Funny, DoFo used to accuse people at the sit-in of not having jobs even though many were working away on their laptops while at city hall. Hope he thinks his daughter is also not working from her deck!

I agree adma. Between bad management and bad press, I imagine Deco's sales aren't what they should be to sustain the lifestyles of the rich and infamous Fords. I wouldn't be surprised if money was one of the main reasons Dougie didn't run for the leadership. Even rich people can run out of money, especially when they need their various lawyers on speed dial.

"Family" companies that pass to children via inheritance have something of a chequered record (see, for example, Eaton's). The Fords and Deco always remind me of the mattress manufacturer that was built from nothing by my great uncle, and whose loudmouth asshole son subsequently ran it into the ground within a little more than a decade of his father's death. I even once had a summer job there in the shipping office. It was pretty terrible. Most of the employees on the floor were immigrants, and it taught me that the essence of "private enterprise" is to the bare minimum possible, and somehow wring a profit out of it.

Of course, it's not surprising that it went under - the workers weren't treated all that well; the shipping computer system was antiquated even in 2001; and, yes, that whole asshole thing.

In the end I don't think Doug is all that smart, even if he might beg to differ. Sure, he might have mounted a bid for PCPO leader, but I don't think his organizational skills extend to much more than attracting weirdos to Ford Fest events, and he's burned bridges with anyone with some semblance of professional political experience. Doug Ford, organizing across the province to win a convention? I can't say it. I'm not even sure he has the skills to sell memberships to win a local nomination battle; this guy doesn't understand process or rules or seem to recognize they exist.

As ever, we overestimate his "natural" support by referring to the mayoral election. Doug Ford benefited from an incumbency effect, and against a very different opponent in John Tory than he ever would with Wynne or Horvath. At the local level, he would be a loose cannon who would create problems for the party leadership which is hardly going to let itself get co-opted by a self-aggrandizing personality cult.

Fame is fleeting and 2017 is a long way from now. For the time being, I'd hope simply that Doug STFU and that we stop seeing his disingenuous smirk on TV. Forever.

In sales, it's important to answer emails and texts promptly. Printing sales people rarely need to visit the plant unless they're taking a customer on a tour. They usually need a car more than an office desk.

In theory at least, Krista could outperform Dofo and Rofo sitting on her back deck or visiting "constituents" in her 'stang without darkening Deco's door.

Doug should actually stay away from Deco. The stench from the BrosFo public antics won't be helping business at all. The idea that the 2014 version of Doug is "needed" at Deco is pure BS. Please.

I agree adma. Between bad management and bad press, I imagine Deco's sales aren't what they should be to sustain the lifestyles of the rich and infamous Fords. I wouldn't be surprised if money was one of the main reasons Dougie didn't run for the leadership. Even rich people can run out of money, especially when they need their various lawyers on speed dial.

But, again...if they go under, it's "the other guys' fault". Kinda like Creed's singer blaming Obama for his woes.

I don't think Doug is entirely wrong on this dual-mayor thing. The Cult of Rob remains strong in some quarters. I won't be surprised if we start hearing "Tory may be the mayor, but Rob is my mayor" from that crowd. I can't picture Rob not trying to leverage that, no matter how much council tries to keep him at arm's length.

Though if Doug may make that claim...given JoTo's politics, who's to say the opposite end of the spectrum can't make similar claims, at least if one of "them" stepped up as leader-figure. (Of course, they're too sensible to do so.)

- Tory will sit on the police board to help ease tensions
- Thompson and Nunziata have not been invited back to the board
- Tory would like Thompson to be Economic Development Chair
- Doug Ford: “It’s a terrible idea, they were the only two that held police accountable”

What a tremendously douchey thing to so. It's over, you lost, your brother's dying, no one wants you in their clubhouse ... and yet you try to pull this 'remember who's really in charge' bullshit. Rob is MINO until Tory takes office. The end.

If I was one of the reporters on the beat, I would have immediately run to JT with this quote and pressed him for a response.

Is it true as Doug claims, Mr. Tory, that you've agreed to adopt a dual or co-Mayor system with Rob Ford? If so, exactly how would that work? Wouldn't this be the first time such an arrangement has been made?

Make him call it out as complete and utter nonsense and force him to acknowledge Doug's asinine douchebaggery and to go on record calling it total wishful DoFo bullshit.

But that's just me I guess.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 8.42.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 8.42.37 AM.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 634
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 8.44.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 8.44.41 AM.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:
Warmington continues to embarrass himself. And I guess Rob is going to put a damper on the Cavalcade of Lights tonight. He might go out in a blaze of glory since he has nothing to lose at his last official event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back