197     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 335     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He want's to separate himself from uncles then he has a chance as trustee... changing his name to Ford is a step in the wrong direction.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for him to change his name back to the original now that he got in.

This is not directed at JWBF or anyone in particular, but is this how far TO voters have lowered the bar in certain wards in this city? "I've never heard him speak. He skipped the trustee debate and refuses interviews, but he looks harmless. So I guess I'll vote for him, regardless of the competition."

Don't they have to pass a vetting process to get a provincial or federal endorsement? Not to mention the high fee.

Well, strictly, he only needs some nominators and the fee. But of course he would be vetted (and not do well on that) and spoken to very early on about whether he, rather than his rivals, could expect the support of the party apparatus (namely, not). The lone wolf schtick does not work well for seeking to lead a party, no matter how supposedly constipated the party might be.

Rob Ford will continue to be Mayor of Toronto....

Sim_City.jpg

...a SimCity version of Toronto. If Rob ever learns how to use a computer, that is.

Attachments

• Sim_City.jpg
    Sim_City.jpg
    907.6 KB · Views: 738
Shoot. Looks like someone told Doug the nominations are still open. This was from last night, after Doug spoke to Sun News:

David Akin ‏@davidakin 20h20 hours ago
Doug Ford disappointed Ontario’s PC party cut off chance to get into leadership race before #topoli race done.

It is always dangerous to inform Doug Jr. of a fact.

K. It's nothing special, just further proof that she's a real Ford supporter. Not that it really matters. I kinda feel sorry for her, since she's obviously drunk the kool-aid and seems to be truly devastated by the election results.

The scary part is she's probably right. The scarier part is her boy is why, and she has no idea. Ford's various cuts and contingency fun shredding has left TO in really rough shape. Tory will be F'd by this crowd as soon as he does what will need to be done over the next four years. Tory will be a one term mayor... Unless he can explain to Ford Supporters why Rob screwed them and he can get them to believe it.

I'm thrilled at the possibility. Watching him get his ass royally kicked would be the source of endless amusement.

Be careful what you wish for. We all thought he'd be a laughing stock when he ran for mayor here, and he came close to winning it. Remember all those people who came from out of town to the Fordfests? They'd be more than happy to vote for DoFo in provincial politics. The rural vote in Ontario is already right wing, he could pick up a lot of traction out there.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for him to change his name back to the original now that he got in.

This is not directed at JWBF or anyone in particular, but is this how far TO voters have lowered the bar in certain wards in this city? "I've never heard him speak. He skipped the trustee debate and refuses interviews, but he looks harmless. So I guess I'll vote for him, regardless of the competition."

Ward 2 such had such an easy ballot form for the Nation voters- uh, Ford,... Ford...er,... Ford - there, done!

Be careful what you wish for. We all thought he'd be a laughing stock when he ran for mayor here, and he came close to winning it. Remember all those people who came from out of town to the Fordfests? They'd be more than happy to vote for DoFo in provincial politics. The rural vote in Ontario is already right wing, he could pick up a lot of traction out there.

Northern Ontario votes Liberal and NDP, but it is true that rural parts of Southern Ontario went PC last time. However, Doug would be a little fish in a big pond, the opposite of his role at City Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back