157     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 908     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andray Domise losing to RF for Ward 2 Toronto City Council...Dissapointing...

[h=2]A Letter of Thanks to My Supporters[/h] Posted by Andray Domise on October 28, 2014

http://www.andraydomise.ca/to_those_who_supported_me

Everyone: Andray Domise's thank-you letter to his supporters shows me what kind of individual
that he is - class in the face of defeat to RF - and I am probably not the only one who found by how
much that he was defeated troubling...LI MIKE

W2 Vote: RF 11,629
La Rocque: 2158
Domise: 1620

Last edited:
CBC showed that almost all, if not the entire of Scarborough, plus Etobicoke, voted more for Doug Ford.

I'm bloody ashamed of my neighbours. Bloody hell.

Say, whatever happened to what's her name? You know, the "country pumpkin"?

She got sober, and the Fords cut ties once she spoke to the Sun. But she stayed in touch with Lisi.

@DanielBrownLaw 24m24 minutes ago
Congrats @johntoryTO. Now let's close this sad chapter in #topoli history.

B1ACiKUCQAIlYlv.jpg

I like the cartoon. :p

Kat: Good cartoon reminder about RF - toppling like Saddam Hussein's statue in the Iraq conflict...

Thanks to UT and all the good links I was able to follow the Election results somewhat easily and I found the
wards in which Chow (only four West End old City of Toronto wards) DF (the "Outer Boroughs" primarily NW and E)
and Tory (along Lake Ontario and straight up Yonge Street basically) dividing Toronto geographically...

This election was a close call noting the percentages for John Tory over DF and the split vote could have cost him
depending on the percentage supporting Olivia Chow...

I noted the percentage voting was 61% which is one of Toronto's highest turnouts in City history - I feel it would
have been even larger had RF been able to stay in the Mayor's race...

RF will be a "Lame Duck" Mayor for the next 34 days - that answers my question on how long John Tory will be
referred to as "Mayor-Elect Tory"....

With RF's health questions it will be interesting to see if he can serve as W2 Councilman but noting that he won
in a landslide he has a mandate of sorts there...

I am hoping that John Tory is the uniter and will usher in a stable Toronto government remembering the Ford Years
Much of North America will probably be watching...that includes me...

LI MIKE

Last edited:
She got sober, and the Fords cut ties once she spoke to the Sun. But she stayed in touch with Lisi.

I have since remembered her name - LeeAnne McRobb. She follows you on Twitter. Amongst the rather interesting people who follow her on Twitter:

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 8.49.10 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 8.49.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 8.49.10 PM.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 727
robsalerno 8:35pm via TweetDeck
OH GOOD. RT @globetoronto: 'Our campaign is ready to go.' Doug Ford considering a run for Ontario PC leader.

Well, strictly, he only needs some nominators and the fee. But of course he would be vetted (and not do well on that) and spoken to very early on about whether he, rather than his rivals, could expect the support of the party apparatus (namely, not). The lone wolf schtick does not work well for seeking to lead a party, no matter how supposedly constipated the party might be.

Vetting? What vetting?? That's the beauty of the leadership campaign. No vetting, just the fee and the necessary support. Vetting is only for riding nominations.

If Doug does run, expect mass irregularities in membership sign-ups, broken campaigning rules, spending violations, and intimidation of other candidates. You know, the usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back