335     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 485     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one big difference is G.W. and the other Bush's are evangelical idiots whereas Rub and Tug are basically atheist idiots, I'm an atheist and this really pisses me off. Maybe Iola can convert them....that's a great leap of faith though....for an atheist.

LOL! Like most UTers you are very different from Rob and Doug in very, very many ways. But you are unsatisfied ... you must be different from them in even MOAR ways. So, as an atheist, you pray to [no sure what] that the BroFos latch on harder than imaginable to some kind of faith we all can totally hate, like the worst fundamentalist Xianity, or Scientology.

I hope your dreams come true, but also hope you're not holding your breath ... :p

...What struck me was how familiar it all seemed.the rich red neck daddy, the interchangable brothers, the friends in high and low places, the ease with which they decieve and the raw hunger for power. The Fords are not the Canadian Kennedy's, they are the Canadian Bushes.

Despite your well-laid-out list of similarities, I'm still grappling with the comparison of the Fords to either of the US clans mentioned.
The mind boggles at the thought of the Fords on the national stage, let alone the world stage. Just not in the same league as either multiple-POTUS family...the Fords are bush-league rather than Bush-league, so to speak. :)
If Justin Trudeau pulls it off, that may be a better fit for a Canadian 'powerful political dynasty', if not for the backstory similarities.

Give them the same answer LBJ did when reporters asked him why American troops were in Vietnam.

"L.B.J. unzipped his fly, drew out his substantial organ and declared, 'This is why!' ''

Oh, man. I knew there was a reason why I've indefinitely procrastinated reading the critically acclaimed LBJ biographies. :p

Seriously, though, The Best and the Brightest, by Halberstam, is a now-ancient but still fantastic read about LBJ and how the US got into the Vietnam war and could not get out. (OTOH, not much if anything in the book has to do with LBJ talking about or doing things with his schlong. Wouldn't want anybody to start reading the book hoping for dick laughs ...)

Doesn't Rob usually just talk about a vague "man upstairs"? Maybe he's talking about Renata's dad.

Ive heard him talk about where the lord wants him and his come to Jesus moment. Ahhh fuck. I think I just realized I see more rofo presses than most of the people here. Unplugging tv now.

Just catching up on the debate. Ford apparently made comment that developers are not sending donations his way. I thought there was a developer sponsored $750/person fundraiser for Ford but I never saw anything else about that. Anyone know what happened there?

Time for a joke courtesy of Emo Phillips:

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said "Stop! don't do it!" "Why shouldn't I?" he said. I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!" He said, "Like what?" I said, "Well...are you religious or atheist?" He said, "Religious." I said, "Me too! Are you christian or buddhist?" He said, "Christian." I said, "Me too! Are you catholic or protestant?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me too! Are you episcopalian or baptist?" He said, "Baptist!" I said,"Wow! Me too! Are you baptist church of god or baptist church of the lord?" He said, "Baptist church of god!" I said, "Me too! Are you original baptist church of god, or are you reformed baptist church of god?" He said,"Reformed Baptist church of god!" I said, "Me too! Are you reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1879, or reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1915?" He said, "Reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1915!" I said, "Die, heretic scum", and pushed him off.

That's Ford Nation, either agree 100% or be cast out.

^

Nice!

Oh, man. I knew there was a reason why I've indefinitely procrastinated reading the critically acclaimed LBJ biographies. :p

Seriously, though, The Best and the Brightest, by Halberstam, is a now-ancient but still fantastic read about LBJ and how the US got into the Vietnam war and could not get out. (OTOH, not much if anything in the book has to do with LBJ talking about or doing things with his schlong. Wouldn't want anybody to start reading the book hoping for dick laughs ...)

Lots has been written about LBJ and women.
http://www.cracked.com/article_18945_6-presidential-secrets-your-history-teacher-didnt-mention.html

The newspapers in those days didn't report it.

Despite your well-laid-out list of similarities, I'm still grappling with the comparison of the Fords to either of the US clans mentioned.
The mind boggles at the thought of the Fords on the national stage, let alone the world stage. Just not in the same league as either multiple-POTUS family...the Fords are bush-league rather s it off, that may be a better fit for a Canadian 'powerful political dynasty', if not for the backstory similarities.

Well I am playing a bit but wow that movie Fahrenheit 911 we can learn from it. Ford fam is a smaller scale example of how great power can wind up in the hands of the very stupid.

I also accidentally mangled your quote. ( hand held hell) lo siento

Last edited:
Give them the same answer LBJ did when reporters asked him why American troops were in Vietnam.

"L.B.J. unzipped his fly, drew out his substantial organ and declared, 'This is why!' ''
http://www.nytimes.com/books/98/04/12/reviews/980412.12wilentt.html

Jeebus, I think I should reply all over again.

I would pay infinity dollars to hear a credible witness say that Stephen Harper did exactly that when asked about Canadian Forces deployed to fight ISIS. (Probably not the right forum to post that kind of snark. Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

Well, Rub likes to get hammered and blind dude got hammered literally by an irate former tenant so they share that experience.

I knew a crazy guy once, briefly, who was convicted of assaulting a guy with a hammer. When they asked him why he did it he just said "I didn't like the shape of his head".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back