3K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jazz daddy .[/QUOTE] I was wondering where you had been. Hi.

Atta girl, Jude!

This times a million. Cannot imagine how her day was yesterday.

It may be more earth shattering once the details emerge. And just the possibility of being barred from office? Priceless! Go Jude!

Upthread was a post by someone far cleverer than I who knew how this might affect rofo's pension. Anyone recall?

AriGoldkind 12:38pm via Twitter for Android
I'm very pleased to announce that I'll be debating @oliviachow @johntoryTO & @DougFord2014 on Sunday at 7pm @UJAFederation.

Let's all recall the Jewish ex exec at deco who quit over les frods racism.
You can hear the "They're all corrupt, Chow lived in public housing / Tory (did something)" already, if you listen hard enough.

I doubt it will matter. Conflict of Interest laws in Canada appear to be guidelines, not actual "laws", as such.

Is this the third time for Rob?

Not to forget .. thanks Soknacki and team.

I am so proud of UT today. This has been a healing day for me.

Last edited:
Looks like Ari will be there tonight, but will not be allowed to debate Doug. JT could have used the covering fire.

View attachment 35014

Friday October 3, 2014
7pm
Runnymede United Church

Confirmed: Doug Ford, Olivia Chow & John Tory for the entire debate. Ari Goldkind and Matthew Crack will also attend and will do a 2 minute closing statement.
http://www.bwvra.ca/archives/538

Last edited:
Cynthia Mulligan
@CityCynthia
@ddale8 We did award-winning scandal coverage(even specials) Serious issues on policy were being ignored. Wanted a story w/a different focus

Award? For what. Seriously has the electronic media did anything of substance (pardon the pun) on Ford. The only thing I can remember is CTV had a drunken Ford video in front of CH after a Leaf game and Jackson Proskow asked some tough questions. Seriously the newspapers (Star and Globe) and sites like this did a HELL of a lot more work than either TV or radio news department.

Confirmed: Doug Ford, Olivia Chow & John Tory for the entire debate. Ari Goldkind and Matthew Crack will also attend and will do a 2 minute closing statement.
http://www.bwvra.ca/archives/538

Matthew CRACK!

His city-issued phone is a blackberry. Not sure about his personal phone.

Makes sense. He is quite the luddite.

[Pedantic historian]No he isn't, he's the opposite of a Luddite. The Luddites appeared when the British government banned trade unions. Contrary to popular belief, they didn't simply smash up machinery, they specifically targeted certain employers. At the time, many employers banded together to create large factories, each having their own machines in the same building. The Luddites would go in, smash the machines of bad bosses, and leave the machines of good bosses alone. When the British government backtracked and allowed trade unions to operate again, the Luddites disappeared overnight. They were never anti-technology, they were anti-bad bosses.[/pedantic historian]

If you're at all interested, EP Thompson's Making of the English Working Class has loads on this sort of thing.

I love being schooled at U.T.U.

It's interesting how propaganda influences our metaphors, euphemisms, memes, and analogies. Just think how future generations will view us and our pop culture, it can be mind boggling to think of the conflicts between the "official" publish record and the apocrypha.

Still no reaction on IHTWORF about the FOI or Jude's suit but at least there's this:

I Hate The War on Mayor Rob Ford shared a link.

10 hours ago

VIDEO: Complete 16-minute video of Doug Ford's appearance on CBC Radio this morning. Listen to host Matt Galloway act like a criminal prosecutor, moving lies and innuendo and leftist memes in an attempt to discredit his guest. Watch Doug handle it like a pro, keeping his cool and throwing every taunt right back in his face. This man's a pro - Ford More Years!

http://main.mp4.cbc.ca/prodVideo/general/375/1013/doug-ford-metro-morning-031014.mp4

"VIDEO: Complete 16-minute video of Doug Ford's appearance on CBC Radio this morning. Listen to host Matt Galloway act like a criminal prosecutor, moving lies and innuendo and leftist memes in an attempt to discredit his guest. Watch Doug handle it like a pro, keeping his cool and throwing every taunt right back in his face. This man's a pro - Ford More Years!"

noun: fanatic; plural noun: fanatics

"a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause."

Award? For what. Seriously has the electronic media did anything of substance (pardon the pun) on Ford. The only thing I can remember is CTV had a drunken Ford video in front of CH after a Leaf game and Jackson Proskow asked some tough questions. Seriously the newspapers (Star and Globe) and sites like this did a HELL of a lot more work than either TV or radio news department.

Well, there was Katie Simpson's hilarious reaction after the "more than enough to eat at home" press conference... that's gotta count for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back