3K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"In a statement sent to media Fraser said it is due to his recent diagnosis of Esophageal Cancer."

Sounds even more grim than what Rob has. < shudder >

Esophageal cancer

Prognosis

In general, the prognosis of esophageal cancer is quite poor, because most patients present with advanced disease. By the time the first symptoms (such as difficulty swallowing) appear, the cancer has already well progressed. The overall five-year survival rate (5YSR) in the United States is around 15%, with most people dying within the first year of diagnosis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esophageal_cancer#Prognosis

Esophageal cancer is a beast. Took my dad a few years ago after spreading to the kidney and brain. From diagnosis to end was less than three months.

Cynthia Mulligan
@CityCynthia
@ddale8 We did award-winning scandal coverage(even specials) Serious issues on policy were being ignored. Wanted a story w/a different focus

Nice deflection...not.

They are ignoring it at the moment, they are more than likely formulating a spin.

Subways!

Last edited:
Last edited:
[Pedantic historian]No he isn't, he's the opposite of a Luddite. The Luddites appeared when the British government banned trade unions. Contrary to popular belief, they didn't simply smash up machinery, they specifically targeted certain employers. At the time, many employers banded together to create large factories, each having their own machines in the same building. The Luddites would go in, smash the machines of bad bosses, and leave the machines of good bosses alone. When the British government backtracked and allowed trade unions to operate again, the Luddites disappeared overnight. They were never anti-technology, they were anti-bad bosses.[/pedantic historian] .

I love being schooled at U.T.U.

Sounds like it's time for Doug to face the Muzik.

*cue CSI Miami theme* Yeaaaaaahh
giphy.gif

Jude MacDonald ‏@judemacdonald 52m52 minutes ago
I am unable to comment or confirm anything right now. I would like to thank the Globe for its diligence & professionalism. (That's sarcasm.)

Hmm... did the Globe jump the gun on the story or report something inaccurate?

I wonder if Jude not happy that the G&M described her as an activist. Which you know is code to a lot of people out there as "out to get Ford"

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    934.7 KB · Views: 683
I wonder which 4 story in Inglewood? I'm guessing one of the bricked ones on 9th Ave?

Thanks for the response RE: TO. I haven't been there, and am trying to wrap my head around the "divide" between the Yokels and the normal thinking people. Here, the parasites all work and shop in Calgary, but claim it's a dangerous wasteland not fit for child raising, hence why they scurry back in their prolonged rush hour and pay their property taxes elsewhere.

Yes, one of those big red-brick ones on 9th. 127K! Of course, this was back when 17th was basically just the Ship & Anchor. Don't know what Inglewood is like now, but I'm sure it's doing just fine. Been back to YYC a few times for work, but schedule did not permit.

The 'dangerous wasteland not fit for child raising' pearl-clutch was actually ably performed by our ex-deputy mayor, Doug Holyday, when he expressed shock and despair that parents might try to raise young 'uns downtown. Specifically, he worried that 'Little Ginny' might meet her untimely end in the meat-grinder, mean streets of the air-conditioned, condo-lined hell of downtown. Good times. And, of course, a great many people from outside Metro proper do commute for work, but their tax burden is dispersed elsewhere. We need to toll the roads.

So, what does all this have to with 'Rob Ford's Toronto'? Just that as a city grows and uneasy bedfellows are made of more conservative suburban residents and densely packed 'downtown elites' (Toronto, so many Range Rovers and so few ranges to rove), resentments arise. The Fords have been masterful at exploiting them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back