3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 695     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford has been found guilty of conflict of interest. He will be allowed to run again in any election.

A8oyhwZCYAAL6gl.jpg:large

Last edited:
What a perversion of democracy this is. Absolutely disgusting.

I hope they call another $7MM election and Ford wins, just to slap a few faces around here.

Don't worry Filip, I'm sure there will be an equally incompetent wife beater you can vote for next time around. The world has many a Ford

What a perversion of democracy this is.
Ah, the right-wing sense of entitlement and being above the law and morals rears it's head.

Rob Ford is a vile piece of shit. I'm shocked that the Tories would ever have come anywhere near him. Their continuing support of Rob Ford only demonstrates how low they will go.

Wong-Tam has a good point. From her Twitter feed:
Justice Hackland's ruling today it doesn't change much from my perspective. Mayor Ford has been absent from his duties for sometime

I'm not convinced that Rob Ford would actually run again for mayor. On the one hand, he seems like the sort of guy who would want to give the finger to those people who wanted to see him kicked out, and being elected would be the best way to do that. On the other hand, if I have ever seen someone who hates their job, Rob Ford is that person. He never misses an opportunity to get pulled away from his duties, and I can't help but wonder if he would be reluctant to get sucked back into a job that he so obviously dislikes.

I hope they call another $7MM election and Ford wins, just to slap a few faces around here.

Filip, don't look now, but your youthful intemperance and lack of respect for the rule of law is showing. Kidding aside, it is poor form to talk about wanting to "slap a few faces around here". Kinda makes you sound like the world's sissiest internet tough guy. Be a dear and sulk quietly (or at least without threats of battery). And not to worry: the appeals process is likely to take the better part of the remainder of the Big Guy's term.

This is a particularly stupid posting - Mr Ford is subject to the same laws as everyone else and in this case he was clearly found to have broken the law. The penalty for conflict of interest is removal from office. He could have avoided all this by repaying the $3000 last year but he, stupidly, didn't. He can certainly appeal and (as far as we can tell) can run again if a by-election is held. If the voters re-elect him (which is certainly possible) he will be Mayor again. Seems pretty democratic to me.

In any case, should he elect to take another run at the mayor's seat, I don't see it being a cakewalk for Ford. He'll still have a contingent of hard-core supporters but the numbers won't be enough to vault him over the top. The man has been an embarrassment for a good many fiscal conservatives who simply couldn't abide his oafish and myopic ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back