News   Apr 12, 2024
 100     0 
News   Apr 11, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Apr 11, 2024
 972     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Folks" guy is at the debate:
By5nIfgIgAE6l6R.png

https://twitter.com/ivortossell/status/517464402971607041
edit: He's in line for questions. We'll see if they have time to get to him!
 

Attachments

  • By5nIfgIgAE6l6R.png
    By5nIfgIgAE6l6R.png
    278.2 KB · Views: 811
...aaaaaand Rob's xenophobic question plant just showed up.

Jennifer Hollett 7:49pm
‏@jenniferhollett
Happening now: "Sir, I don't know what that has to do with me being an immigrant. I am a Canadian, a proud Torontonian"

I honestly thought Chow (and Tory) should expose and put light to Ford nation racists and wannabe\real gangsters and thugs and crazies in general. It always seemed like they were trying to pander to that 30% and try not to upset them. For a while I though F-them, expose them, connect them directly to Ford and fight for the other 70%.

I specifically remember Chow bringing up Fords drug connections in an early debate and the pro Ford supporters starting booing and you can tell it intimidated her and she backed off. I would have doubled down and said "I know the Ford supporters in the crowd doesn't mind drug and gangs in their neighborhood, but I DO". If she gets a racist comments say something like "That racist comment might fly in Ford Nation, but not my Toronto." You will not get that 30%, but I guarantee most of Toronto has a negative view of Ford and Ford nation.

Take their crazies and connect them to Ford and you might luck out and might start exposing a split between the old white racist geezers and the younger thugish trash that seem to be the two main demos of Ford Nation.
 
Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
"The biggest hazard is running right down the middle of St. Clair Avenue" Doug Ford at tonight's debate #TOpoli

Doug went there to no one's surprise.

I also thought people with cancer lost weight...
 
Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
"The biggest hazard is running right down the middle of St. Clair Avenue" Doug Ford at tonight's debate #TOpoli

I'm more afraid of falling onto the subway tracks / third or falling down the stairs rail than I am of getting run over by the 512 St. Clair streetcar.
.
 
Well Said!

Jennifer Hollett 7:49pm
‏@jenniferhollett
Happening now: "Sir, I don't know what that has to do with me being an immigrant. I am a Canadian, a proud Torontonian"

I honestly thought Chow (and Tory) should expose and put light to Ford nation racists and wannabe\real gangsters and thugs and crazies in general. It always seemed like they were trying to pander to that 30% and try not to upset them. For a while I though F-them, expose them, connect them directly to Ford and fight for the other 70%.

Exactly. I hope they listen to Jeffifer Hollett. That's the only way to deal with bullies. To stand up to them.
 
Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
"The biggest hazard is running right down the middle of St. Clair Avenue" Doug Ford at tonight's debate #TOpoli

I'm more afraid of falling onto the subway tracks / third or falling down the stairs rail than I am of getting run over by the 512 St. Clair streetcar.
.


Drunk driving accounts for almost 25% of all fatalities on Ontario’s roads.

Speaking of, lets welcome to Rob (what are you perfect) Ford
 
Well, it's a funny thing, Kat. After reading this oh-so thoughtful response of yours' to my last post, I went out for a walk, and what did I see? Why, what else but the latest edition of the Toronto Sun. It's not something I generally go searching for, but it happened to catch my eye this time when moving past one of their newspaper boxes. And whatever was on the front page, you ask? Why, another Sun "exclusive" interview (the 105th over the past few months alone, it would seem) being hyped with a certain fatass, including a big ol' picture of the man, large as life and twice as ugly....
yeah you're right, I avoid the SUN like the plague. Think it was yesterday on the cover they had a that Magnotta killer on the cover and some cheesy horror movie headline like "Nothing will prepare you for the horror." Ugh, made me so angry, glorifying a killer with a cover like that, like it's all some Hollywood thriller. I only go into "enemy territory" as much as I absolutely have to, but I find some people seem to like wallowing in it, digging up more and more stuff to infuriate themselves, even though it doesn't contribute to one's knowledge of the subject, just heaps bile upon bile. That stuff will shorten your lifespan, why infuriate yourself? I never go to read that IHTWOMRF page, yet I'm never truly shocked by what people post here from their visits there -- I expect the worst.


I get that you don't want the regulars here going off the deep end with the Ford criticisms because it damages our credibility, Kat, and I can appreciate that. But you're wrong in this instance, as the front page of today's Sun so hilariously proves.
it's not only about damaging credibility -- I feel like we are amplifying the BS through repetition. I keep seeing a sarcastic "Because CANCER!" after so many election related tweets and in articles' comments section. We who are sarcastically saying that are actually saying it more than any of the Fords or Ford supporters (yes, I'm aware Doug Ford accused John Tory of attacking Rob in his hospital bed) who would say it without sarcasm! It doesn't matter that our repetition is sarcastic -- it's still adding to that narrative.

Maybe I'm naive but I think if more people cut off any talk of Rob's illness with "excuse me -- Rob Ford *did that* well before he was diagnosed with cancer" (*did that* being: smoked crack with gun dealers, cut TTC bus service, voted against playgrounds, drove drunk, called someone a dago, etc, etc, etc), it really is better than us bringing up the cancer (even in our sarcastic manner). just my opinion. ;)
 
Doug went there to no one's surprise.

I also thought people with cancer lost weight...

My sister had a very aggressive cancer. She didn't drop any weight until her final two weeks, at which point it vanished rapidly.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top