172     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 301     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 414     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet even if Doug loses and Rob wins his old council seat he'll continue acting as if he was mayor. The phone calls to Byford and the city manager for even the smallest of issues will continue!

Absolutely! I spoke earlier in the thread about Rob becoming like a 'super councillor', no actual power but an outsized microphone. It won't be just his expectations about access to city staff; the media will continue to give him an unwarranted pulpit from which he will decry that the gravy train is back, how much better things were when he was mayor, etc. Meaning Ford will continue to dominate and derail City Hall with his stupidity. I also feared he'd parlay it all back into another run at mayor.

That was all before the cancer diagnosis. Now we know he won't be around long enough to do much. He's clearly making zero changes to his lifestyle in the usual Ford bluster denial way of doing things. I don't think he'll make it to two years.

At this point I don't really care what makes him gone, as long as he gets gone.

I bet even if Doug loses and Rob wins his old council seat he'll continue acting as if he was mayor. The phone calls to Byford and the city manager for even the smallest of issues will continue!

A term as councilor with John Tory as Mayor isn't going to be a fun time for Rob. I doubt he would be on any committee of any importance. He may still call Byford, but he's going to get a chilly response. The media won't be running down to report his every gaffe. He probably won't hang around CH much if he can't be King of the playground.

A term as councilor with John Tory as Mayor isn't going to be a fun time for Rob. I doubt he would be on any committee of any importance. He may still call Byford, but he's going to get a chilly response. The media won't be running down to report his every gaffe. He probably won't hang around CH much if he can't be King of the playground.

Good point. Probably figures he can bully OC easier than JT, and more easily compare her administration to the Miller era union gravy train for a Ford comeback. Doesn't matter which Ford.

Folks will soon see that JT and the Fords are not all that far apart politically, minus the sideshow. ( Mother Ford gave JT permission to be mayor ).

Last edited:

I think even that scenario will be a mere portion of what we will have to endure for 4 years. I think even if they BOTH lose they will just become volunteers with Mammo, they will encite people to fill city hall with people on a regular basis to fight for the people. I know that sounds apocalyptic but so are termites when you get em in your house. In this sitch ee a shun, we gots bedbugs and termites. We screwed!

then perhaps it is once again time for people to link via donotlink.com

here's the same wormy column -- http://www.donotlink.com/buob

When you link to an article using donotlink, it still gets pageviews ("hits"), which generate ad revenue. donotlink only tries to prevent search engines from ranking a page higher due to "link juice". Prolly safe to say that Sun Media and Warmington don't care too much whether you visited that article through donotlink or not.

There's another service that actually caches the content of pages you link to, so you deprive them of pageviews, too. I tried it with that article and it just shows the text, with no images, ads or links.

But:
FAQ:

Is this legal? Probably not.
Does it work with any website? Certainly not.

Last edited:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the source of Ford's power and fascination comes from the way he's stubbornly and shamelessly clung to the mayoral seat for so long, through so many typically career-ending moments. Two-thirds of the city are in utter shock at how he won't go and no one can make him; the other third loves him for that same fact. The minute he's officially gone, it's over. He will have gone from the malicious stooge holding the city hostage, to just a garden variety malicious stooge. He has shredded his credibility and made himself an ugly spectacle in every way. Except for those who simply love ugly spectacles, what would motivate anyone to keep paying attention?

Good point. Probably figures he can bully OC, and compare her administration the Miller era union gravy train for a Ford comeback. Doesn't matter which Ford.

Folks will soon see that JT and the Fords are not all that far apart politically, minus the sideshow. ( Mother Ford gave JT permission to be mayor ).

She did say 'you can be mayor for a few terms and then it's Robbie's turn' (like they were kids sharing a toy ...) but JT didn't run against Miller in 2010, although there was speculation that he would. So if DiFo was serious about that proposal (the sheer presumptuousness of it is still mind-boggling), JT didn't take her up on it. Is he calling in a favour this time and is it basically assumed that DoFo isn't in it to win it, or is he running to spite the Fords?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the source of Ford's power and fascination comes from the way he's stubbornly and shamelessly clung to the mayoral seat for so long, through so many typically career-ending moments. Two-thirds of the city are in utter shock at how he won't go and no one can make him; the other third loves him for that same fact. The minute he's officially gone, it's over. He will have gone from the malicious stooge holding the city hostage, to just a garden variety malicious stooge. He has shredded his credibility and made himself an ugly spectacle in every way. Except for those who simply love ugly spectacles, what would motivate anyone to keep paying attention?

Agreed. He was an ugly spectacle as a councillor and nobody noticed.

Nothing new about death. It only makes the New York Daily News if Rob is on scene posing for selfies.

Joe W.

"Rob Ford on witnessing TTC death, dealing with chemo"
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/01/rob-ford-on-witnessing-ttc-death-dealing-with-chemo

Making that telephone call to the TTC General Manager must have been very stressful.

Not like he had to crawl under the car to work on her. It's a very dark and confined space. The streetcar keeps bobbing up and down while folks are getting on and off.

Pure sensationalist bullshit! It's pretty low to capitalize on cancer... and then too blame it for you not winning an election you were loosing, then endorse your loser brother. Worms has exceeded my expectation to a total fucking waste of skin.

One point I have, Oct. 5 is not the next chemo round that I aware of, it won't have been 18 days to clean out the chemo chems.

She did say 'you can be mayor for a few terms and then it's Robbie's turn' (like they were kids sharing a toy ...) but JT didn't run against Miller in 2010, although there was speculation that he would. So if DiFo was serious about that proposal (the sheer presumptuousness of it is still mind-boggling), JT didn't take her up on it. Is he calling in a favour this time and is it basically assumed that DoFo isn't in it to win it, or is he running to spite the Fords?

Don't forget the nasty nomination battle between Chris Stockwell and DoFoSr for the redistributed Etobicoke North riding - I am sure there is plenty of bad blood between the family and the establishment, and RoDoFo is part of DiFo's plans to get even through populism.

AoD

Last edited:
I know you were being sarcastic. It's just that Rob keeps going on about the St Clair Disaster, that some readers may actually believe him.

After yesterday, Robbie was/is the only disaster on St. Clair.

Last edited:
I think even that scenario will be a mere portion of what we will have to endure for 4 years. I think even if they BOTH lose they will just become volunteers with Mammo, they will encite people to fill city hall with people on a regular basis to fight for the people. I know that sounds apocalyptic but so are termites when you get em in your house. In this sitch ee a shun, we gots bedbugs and termites. We screwed!

If Rob wins (likely), Mammo will continue to cosy up to him as before. If Rob loses, Mammo will try to worm his way into Tory's good books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back