1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 538     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there supposed to be a Ford fundraiser last night? Or am I dreaming? If I'm not dreaming, any word on the turnout?

Yea I think you're right, $125 a plate in Woodbridge, as I recall. I wonder if it looked like that Fest at the International Centre with the tumbleweeds bouncing down the empty aisle...

Yea I think you're right, $125 a plate in Woodbridge, as I recall. I wonder if it looked like that Fest at the International Centre with the tumbleweeds bouncing down the empty aisle...
Without media present? Nothing reported today, must be another night.

Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 9.20.02 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 9.20.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 9.20.02 AM.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 644
Great blog by Andrew Tumilty:

"The term “dog whistle politics” refers to politicians making a public statement, which also has a deliberate unspoken message for a targeted group of supporters. Like a real dog whistle, what they’re actually saying is something only meant for certain ears. It is a despicable tactic the Ford brothers have employed for quite some time. The Fords’ little lap dogs responded and came when called to last night’s debate. The problem is some of them are getting off the leash."

"It would be easy to dismiss the racist, and homophobic attitudes the Fords have displayed. Many see them as ignorant, backwards thinking, reprobates with money, and they are. The problem is they have as much media attention as they do vitriol.
People across Toronto hear them, and feel their own prejudices are somehow now justified. The Fords don’t just rile up people’s anger for their cause. They stoke the bigoted flames smoldering beneath that anger."

http://eh-types.com/2014/09/24/the-dogs-of-ford/

Great blog by Andrew Tumilty:

"The term “dog whistle politics†refers to politicians making a public statement, which also has a deliberate unspoken message for a targeted group of supporters. Like a real dog whistle, what they’re actually saying is something only meant for certain ears. It is a despicable tactic the Ford brothers have employed for quite some time. The Fords’ little lap dogs responded and came when called to last night’s debate. The problem is some of them are getting off the leash."

"It would be easy to dismiss the racist, and homophobic attitudes the Fords have displayed. Many see them as ignorant, backwards thinking, reprobates with money, and they are. The problem is they have as much media attention as they do vitriol.
People across Toronto hear them, and feel their own prejudices are somehow now justified. The Fords don’t just rile up people’s anger for their cause. They stoke the bigoted flames smoldering beneath that anger."

http://eh-types.com/2014/09/24/the-dogs-of-ford/

I would say the the media, such as CP24, which endorses the fords without question, should also be held accountable. They too are homophobic for not calling him on his BS, lies and slurs...they are an accessory.

Do you think hotmail lawyer gets paid hourly or an annual retainer?

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 11 mins
The Doug Ford campaign also seems to have posted a photo from my Twitter account on its campaign website #TOpoli pic.twitter.com/tOxEBDlktz

Oh there's more in Doug's trunk than orphaned kittens. He also keeps a Ford-branded hardhat and a brand new, unused chainsaw to pull out any time a grateful serf needs a tree cutting down. And of course the media just happened to be passing by at the time.

Doug doing extra duty as a traffic cop.

CP2Ford just happened to be passing by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWocEf-XFM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back