News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 539     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalie Johnson ‏@NatalieCTV 6s
City Manager to provide City Hall power update at 10:15. I'm assuming someone will ask him how this will affect Take John Tory to Work Day.

I didn't think of that at first.

Might have been my cold meds, but I'm pretty sure he did a brief scrum in front of the venue that got about 15 seconds on the late news last night.

I didn't see anything, but I didn't watch CP2Ford.

Without media present? Nothing reported today, must be another night.

680News had a reporter there, it was at a "Woodbine Conference Centre", I can't remember the exact name. The reporter didn't get inside the event, just reported from outside. No word on attendance numbers or comment on anyone in particular attending the event. I guess they figured that Doug Ford bobbleheads won't be a big seller.

I would say the the media, such as CP24, which endorses the fords without question, should also be held accountable. They too are homophobic for not calling him on his BS, lies and slurs...they are an accessory.

You know, CP24 must be doing something right, the virulence shown it by UTers is also shown at IHTWOMRF and considering the two solitudes it could be deduced that CP24 is offering somewhat balanced coverage....

You know, CP24 must be doing something right, the virulence shown it by UTers is also shown at IHTWOMRF and considering the two solitudes it could be deduced that CP24 is offering somewhat balanced coverage....

I'm almost sure there's a flaw in your logic somewhere...

"2 generators arrived at City Hall from Quebec. They will power CH for 2 weeks until repairs are complete."
https://twitter.com/QPCamera/status/515498140477435904/photo/1

Times have changed. I remember when Toronto Paramedic Service sent our Emergency Power Unit (EPU) to Eastern Ontario during an ice storm.

EPU was a multi-functional, specially equipped 100 kilowatt generator truck which was capable of providing full and direct power to facilities for extended periods of time.

We used it many times to provide backup power for facilities such as Mt. Sinai Hospital.
http://www.emsclassics.com/details....l&Theme=All&Country=All&Province=All&Town=All

Last edited:
I think her miscalculation is that she looked at Rob Ford's polling numbers and decided he wasn't a real threat and decided to mostly ignore him. That may have been the logical thing to do, but emotionally, Toronto needed to see a Ford-killer. We needed to see someone come in and strike that fucker down, and she didn't give us that catharsis. She still thinks Tory is her real opponent, and that may be technically true, but attacking him isn't going to help her numbers. People don't care if she can beat Tory---they're not really scared of him. They need someone that they're confident can beat Ford(s).

You are so absolutely right about the catharsis. Olivia kept talking about a failed mayor, and Tory made his own references, but that was too vague. They needed to do was bring up specific incidents and slay them one by one. Only Soknacki spelled out the list of things that Ford lied about, but even he was too timid.

I think both are worried that spending all their time attacking Ford means no time on their own platforms. But they needn't worry - their own platforms are so paper thin, they have plenty of talking time to spend in Ford lies. And as someone else said, the conventional rule book has no place here.

I agree that Olivia has to attack Ford, but her team is lazy as fuck. They've had 9 months to give them specifics to challenge the Fords on - like Ford's ridiculous promise in 2010 to have two subways built and in OPERATION by 2015. Why has no one called them out on that when they present the fantasy subway plan and say they've done everything they said they would do except the LTT?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back