News   Jun 25, 2024
 395     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 2.3K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 34466

I'm several hours late with this, and apologies if somebody else made this point before, but exactly which Mayor did Doug reach out to?

Rob, in his current state? Norm Kelly (in a Doug-ian slip, Doug inadvertently admits that the recent metaphorical invasion of Kuwait ended more favourably for the aggressors than the real invasion did in the 1980's)? Or did Doug reach out to his future self using his awesome powers of clairvoyance?

You'd half expect to see Doug keep a box of kittens in his trunk so that he can be seen rescuing them if he happens to pass by a fire.

You'd half expect to see Doug keep a box of kittens in his trunk so that he can be seen rescuing them if he happens to pass by a fire.

Haha, yes, I would more than half expect that!

(ETA: And every so often when the kittens get bigger and less cute, he drowns them all and gets a fresh box. Satire, Doug, please don't get your tireless and invincible libel lawyers after me!)

But I am genuinely curious about what precisely was meant by "the Mayor" in Doug's otherwise straightforwardly self-serving BS. Who was Doug talking about?

Last edited:
But I am genuinely curious about what precisely was meant by "the Mayor" in Doug's otherwise straightforwardly self-serving BS. Who was Doug talking about?

My guess? RoFo.

If he meant Norm Kelly I think he would have said Deputy-Mayor.

"Chinatown’s famed crime-fighting shop owner backs John Tory despite Olivia Chow’s aid"
https://twitter.com/SnidelyBacklash/status/515350629121007616

‘Leprechaun’ who denied woman a seat on crowded TTC bus shamed on social media"
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/ne...bus-shamed-on-social-media&pubdate=2014-09-25

Donate councillor salary:
https://twitter.com/RobFordFactsCA/status/515346603688071168

"Members cannot refuse to receive remuneration from the City, but can choose to donate a portion of their salary (after deductions) back to the City."

Last edited:
Haha, yes, I would more than half expect that!

(ETA: And every so often when the kittens get bigger and less cute, he drowns them all and gets a fresh box. Satire, Doug, please don't get your tireless and invincible libel lawyers after me!)

And of course, by kittens you mean orphans.

What blows me over is that an election candidate, and frankly the front runner, somehow thinks they have the right to ask for privacy (and downright isolation ).

If you want privacy you don't run for office. Also I suspect the place reeked of weed. She probably just wanted the door shut stat. They are on the verge of losing their kids Re:substance abuse. Just a theory, an educated, logical, probable, plausable theory.

Like the one about evolution.

Last edited:
View attachment 34466

I'm several hours late with this, and apologies if somebody else made this point before, but exactly which Mayor did Doug reach out to?

Rob, in his current state? Norm Kelly (in a Doug-ian slip, Doug inadvertently admits that the recent metaphorical invasion of Kuwait ended more favourably for the aggressors than the real invasion did in the 1980's)? Or did Doug reach out to his future self using his awesome powers of clairvoyance?

Just Dougie playing like he's in charge, just like Robbie during the ice storm last winter. I'm waiting for "people could have been seriously hurt without my leadership".

PS. I thought about it and I wonder why Dougie doesn't mention the Fire Marshal as someone to be contacted.

Last edited:
I, too, am really sick of the "whatever Chow does, it's wrong" meme. The fact is that Chow is a decent, hardworking public servant with solid policies and is by far the least full-of-shit person in this race. Those ought to be very big selling points after the last four years and I'm stunned that they're not having the impact they should. It's not about partisanship, it's about not one but two candidates who are coasting on misrepresentations and "I'm a business guy so I know best" empty bluster. Sure, let's all Monday morning quarterback about how nice or not nice Olivia should be instead of talking about this and this.

I think her miscalculation is that she looked at Rob Ford's polling numbers and decided he wasn't a real threat and decided to mostly ignore him. That may have been the logical thing to do, but emotionally, Toronto needed to see a Ford-killer. We needed to see someone come in and strike that fucker down, and she didn't give us that catharsis. She still thinks Tory is her real opponent, and that may be technically true, but attacking him isn't going to help her numbers. People don't care if she can beat Tory---they're not really scared of him. They need someone that they're confident can beat Ford(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back