5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 726     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I don't get flonicky's point about what I originally wrote: if he's really sick, he WILL face questions about his motives for running for a post he knows he could win, but could not fulfill the required duties. Because that's a pretty huge abuse of public trust.
Not like that has ever stopped a Ford before.

Elizabeth Church ‏@lizchurchto 22m
“You’ll be hearing from me,” Doug Ford tells @annhui “I just want to get over this little hump with Rob.” #topoli #robford
Expand

So, is he on his death bed or what? Wonder what "little hump" means to Doug.

That makes more sense. Basically Ford or Chow need to syphon off 8% from Tory in order take the lead (or 5% each). Have a hard time believing this isn't Doug's ceiling so it's really up to Chow.

I hope so. Based on the campaign so far, I'm with Olivia, but I'll be OK with Mr. T if the alternative is a Ford. I really hope Doug falls to a distant third.

So if Ford had cancer he'd of known last week. But he told Warmington there's still no cancer diagnosis.

I was thinking the same. My father had a biopsy two weeks ago, and had the results the next day. I don't think they ever take this long. If he doesn't have cancer, it will very interesting to hear why he has to take up a hospital bed for this length of time.

I've always been curious about the premise of Forum only calling landlines. What exactly defines a "land line"? I had a land line many years ago which I ported over to a cell and no longer have any land line at all. Doing a reverse lookup online shows that my number is still a landline.

So could I potentially get a call from Forum or no?

Good question! John Furr always squawks about how he once got a Forum call on his cell phone and therefore anyone complaining about Forum's landline-only methodology is wrong. Could be something like you described?

Re Doug Ford....has anyone ever verified that he actually donated his full salary? All I could find was money for city parks (which was contentious) and the $20.00 bills. Just wondering if this is bs too.

I'm sorry. I just cannot get over how horrible Warmington is.

He also just continues to be a horrific writer, to the point I want him to go back to high school English classes. Can anyone on this planet explain why the word "vomiting" is in quotes in this paragraph?

He had a very bad night Sunday and was feeling nauseous Monday. Mayor Ford said he was “vomiting†a lot and was in considerable pain. He also had some invasive testing Monday. The mayor described it as doctors “going into my lungs†to take a biopsy.

Rob Ford should be feeling "nauseous" every day. He certainly makes me feel nauseated every day.

(Nauseous: causing nausea or disgust.)

You can't call cell phones. For example, for many years, I had a billing address in Toronto with a Toronto number but never actually owned or leased property in Toronto. Calling me would be useless. My friend, on the other hand, had a Montreal address and a Montreal number, but did rent property in Toronto. Calling him would be useful. Not only that, but private businesses have no access to the billing addresses of other private businesses' customers.

Also, I think there is some spam legislation that forbids you from cold-calling mobile phones, although I'm not 100% sure about that. I know it existed and it came about back when airtime cost a $stupid amount of money - although shitty companies still do cold-call cell phones with automated messages, they're usually fly-by-night operation, usually scams. You won't have a large corporation cold-calling you on a mobile unless you have an existing relationship.

But yes, "no shit" indeed.

I think EKOS has stated they call both landlines and cellphones. Not sure how they make it work though....random digit dialing?

In any case, the polls are shit and the more the merrier so they can't define the election.

Re Doug Ford....has anyone ever verified that he actually donated his full salary? All I could find was money for city parks (which was contentious) and the $20.00 bills. Just wondering if this is bs too.

Oh man... so many awesome things can come of Doug in the mayoral race, and the Legend of the Donated Salary finally getting squashed is one of them. Media, you there? Whoever laid this one to rest would have serious bragging rights.

It seems to me there are 1 of 2 possible scenarios playing out with Slob's current medical crisis. From what most of us are assuming, the Familglia knew Fatso had something that looks/sounds superficially bad but was ultimately harmless due to his earlier hospital stay for the "toe injury," correct? Then either (a.) he's basically ok, but they're bringing on all this tragic "deathbed/cancer" talk, and wallowing in it for propaganda purposes, which has all sorts of benefits for them, i.e. Fatty gets to withdraw from a race that was almost certain of resulting in a humiliating defeat and into safer Ward 2 waters (or so the Fords assume as regards the latter), the family name brand is kept alive (which is the real goal here), as is Thug's political ambitions for the future (as, again, the Fords assume), and if the police approach the family with any impertinent questions in the near furutre, they can screech, "Leave us alone! Wobbie's on his deathbed! Persecution! Waaaaaahhhh!"

Or (b.) Slob's little problem is turning out to be more serious than they'd expected, but they're still exploiting it for everything it's worth because that's what the Fords do. And all the benefits I list above are still in effect, moreso in fact since his condition is worse than they thought. And what's the point of being seriously ill if you can't use it for personal gain?

But here's my question: Any reasonably respectable medical care facility is required to respect their patients' privacy and keep their confidentiallity. That Mt. Sinai would be expected to do so goes without saying. But isn't that a two way street? If the patient in question and his family are misbehaving in the most grotesque fashion, operating in obvious bad faith, being self-serving as hell and dragging the facility and its reputation into their own personal media circus in the process, at some point wouldn't the hospital have to expose all that, purely in self defense? We're not talking about some fly-by-night operation like Greenstone. If we know anything about the Fords, it's that they'll continue to push the envelope as far as they can, just to see what they can away with.

It seems to me there are 1 of 2 possible scenarios playing out with Slob's current medical crisis. From what most of us are assuming, the Familglia knew Fatso had something that looks/sounds superficially bad but was ultimately harmless due to his earlier hospital stay for the "toe injury," correct? Then either (a.) he's basically ok, but they're bringing on all this tragic "deathbed/cancer" talk, and wallowing in it for propaganda purposes, which has all sorts of benefits for them, i.e. Fatty gets to withdraw from a race that was almost certain of resulting in a humiliating defeat and into safer Ward 2 waters (or so the Fords assume as regards the latter), the family name brand is kept alive (which is the real goal here), as is Thug's political ambitions for the future (as, again, the Fords assume), and if the police approach the family with any impertinent questions in the near furutre, they can screech, "Leave us alone! Wobbie's on his deathbed! Persecution! Waaaaaahhhh!"

Or (b.) Slob's little problem is turning out to be more serious than they'd expected, but they're still exploiting it for everything it's worth because that's what the Fords do. And all the benefits I list above are still in effect, moreso in fact since his condition is worse than they thought. And what's the point of being seriously ill if you can't use it for personal gain?

But here's my question: Any reasonably respectable medical care facility is required to respect their patients' privacy and keep their confidentiallity. That Mt. Sinai would be expected to do so goes without saying. But isn't that a two way street? If the patient in question and his family are misbehaving in the most grotesque fashion, operating in obvious bad faith, being self-serving as hell and dragging the facility and its reputation into their own personal media circus in the process, at some point wouldn't the hospital have to expose all that, purely in self defense? We're not talking about some fly-by-night operation like Greenstone. If we know anything about the Fords, it's that they'll continue to push the envelope as far as they can, just to see what they can away with.

Another explanation is they're dragging this out as a distraction because, from what I've heard, the ITO coming out Friday has an interesting new twist.

Obviously. I guess the question more accurately is how does a polling company know whether I have copper wires going into my house or not?

If the number is "listed". Think 411 or Yellow Pages. The address has to match to be listed, so if your address is in Toronto, you know that if you call that number someone who is at least physically present in a property in Toronto is the one answering. Which is a hell of a lot more accurate than just calling random Toronto area code cell phones.

There is a real problem though, there is no good methodology to polling a city, or at least no one has come up with one and I sure as hell can't think of anything. Landlines make the most sense but will start making less and less sense as everything continues to move mobile. If you solve that problem with scientific rigour, you might be sitting on a big pile of cash!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back