5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 721     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry. I just cannot get over how horrible Warmington is.

He also just continues to be a horrific writer, to the point I want him to go back to high school English classes. Can anyone on this planet explain why the word "vomiting" is in quotes in this paragraph?

He had a very bad night Sunday and was feeling nauseous Monday. Mayor Ford said he was “vomiting” a lot and was in considerable pain. He also had some invasive testing Monday. The mayor described it as doctors “going into my lungs” to take a biopsy.

Embarrassing for the city, the way Warmington writes like some kid plucked off the street to publish a dictator's missives in some third world backwater.

He lays out the article and its themes like high school student learning essay writing:
1) The mayor is sick, very sick, for real
2) Nonetheless, he is so awesome he is still working hard for taxpayers in bed, giving Doug advice and hoping to get back to Ward 2
3) Still, don't make anything in #2 make you think #1 is not true [rinse and repeat]

Look in the mirror, Warmington: Breaking one or two exclusive interviews might make you a crack journalist but when you're on 50th straight "exclusive" interview with the mayor it's not because you're an awesome journalist, it's because you're being used. And yes, something being used is a tool.

A little musical grammar lesson for Warmingtongue:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

Last edited:
At least one of those statements is a lie, and it is highly possible that both of them are lies.
Absolutely right. He just has to play both ends at the same time. In case being sick isn't enough to re elect him, he tosses in the phone calls, proving he can do the job. "See, I'm really, really, really sick, but I'm still calling about those potholes."

Of course I don't think that he should run. But if he's doing it because he's in denial or because he wants to go down fighting ... well, that's democracy.

If he's being subjected to biopsy procedures, poking and probing, numerous imaging, blood tests AND he's up all night vomiting then there really is no room for being in denial.

An assumption is being made that the calls are related to constituent issues such as pot holes, however he could be calling some voters that he's closer too, just to chat about how he's doing, etc. The context of the calls hasn't been revealed, and if constituents want to bother him about potholes at a time like this, that would be strange.

I'm sure they would have called him weeks and months ago and he is only now getting around to returning those calls.

Ford Nation logic:
When other politicians work from a hospital bed - whatever, they're just doing their job. No big deal.
When Rob Ford does it - What a hero he is!

I'm sure they would have called him weeks and months ago and he is only now getting around to returning those calls.

DiManno @TheStar said she called him once and he returned it almost 4 months later if I recall correctly.

Sounding like hell is normal after any invasive procedure down your throat. I had surgery and was hoarse and hacking for a week.

Look in the mirror, Warmington: Breaking one or two exclusive interviews might make you a crack journalist but when you're on 50th straight "exclusive" interview with the mayor it's not because you're an awesome journalist, it's because you're being used. And yes, something being used is a tool.

you're forgetting he's being PAID to be used, and it is likely that he is paid a fair bit of money. his ROLE is to be the Ford apologist and mouthpiece, and his bosses have determined that it is a sound business strategy to pay someone to play this role for them.

i've no doubt that every one of the Worm's "exclusives" spikes Sun Media newsstand sales by a measurable amount. more importantly, they drive a substantial amount of traffic to the website, allowing data mining companies to hover up the personal info of users who are going there.

Consider this: every time you go to torontosun.com they share your info with over 100 other sites. that's $$$ for Sun Media.

Well we have Warmingtons article describing Ford returning constit calls from his hospital bed this morning. I question everything the Ford's say but his health issues actually sound pretty grim. Pray for Rob, folks. No idea why we needed to hear Charles McVety weigh in on the situation.

Hmmm... a lung biopsy on an asthmatic with chromic bronchitis... either they have found shadows on his lung(s) or he presents symptoms of severe communicable lung infection; however, vomiting is common for someone with an intestinal blockage so that's not a biggy getting I.V.s.

Looks like Worms is following the Ford Family Compact edits well. As it's been stated before, if this is a show, then shame, if they put off something serious, then they are more fucked up as a family then people have feared to think.

The most humorous this is that "they" have allowed Robbie to make calls (hopefully not on his cell) if he is indeed that sick, especially if he has problems to warrant a lung biopsy.

Shameful. McVety is just showing that Ford Nation is Christian Nation, and Robbie's actions with his cult is pandering at best.

Shameful. McVety is just showing that Ford Nation is Christian Nation, and Robbie's actions with his cult is pandering at best.
I don't think McVety is Christian any more than the Islamic state is Islamic. Both basically are sticking their fingers up at the teachings of their faith. To call a piece of garbage like Charles McVety is an insult to Christians.

Not sure if someone's brought this up yet, but here's a comment from a highly respected doc who I believe was involved in Ford's care initially.

“The basic results that determine if this is cancer or benign can be done within a day or two. Once you get into what type of cancer it is that takes more complicated testing and could take longer,” Dr. Malcolm Moore, a Princess Margaret Cancer Centre oncologist, told Global News.

So if Ford had cancer he'd of known last week. But he told Warmington there's still no cancer diagnosis.

He could be vomiting from whatever drugs he's on (legal, I doubt he's using in hospital) and if you listen to a phlegmy asthmatic on the phone, it's always bad sounding.

More like withdrawal from oxy! Or even more likely, he's LYING and just has a cold. He is in a hospital after all.

The Fords really only have one or two more days to milk this illogical "it's really, really, really bad but we can't tell you yet because the tests aren't in." Cant wait, because the whole thing is sickening and the sooner we get past it we the sooner we can get through the "OMG it's benign" joy and move on to Doug's trouncing in the election.

Oh, don't be too paranoid about that "Sun shares your info!" graphic. A lot of those are CDNs or social media networks. Sure, Twitter and Facebook know (if you're logged in with them) that you visited the Toronto Sun. They may even use that and your IP to display you more targeted advertising in the future. They're not being evil, and if you're not cookied with those sites they have no idea who you are anyway. God forbid Pinterest saw that my IP visited the Sun...

But a lot of those remote content URLs are to APIs and to CDNs - COMPLETELY normal for any large website. People who are not interested at all in finding out who you are and have no way of finding out. They're paid to provide a service, either delivering some software component or delivering content like images, scripts, etc. This is totally normal in software development.

The social media ones might know who you are, yeah, but if you're anal about targeted advertising you probably shouldn't be on social media to begin with.

Of course I don't think that he should run. But if he's doing it because he's in denial or because he wants to go down fighting ... well, that's democracy.

If that's what Rob and Fofam thinks of the democratic system, then it shows they don't think much of it other than another avenue for their sense entitlement. Wards should not be turned into fiefdoms, or something to be won for the sake of the Gipper.

Never trust online polls. There's also a thing called "self-selection bias", look it up.

That survey is entirely and utterly useless. Sorry. I may as well ask my cat and my friends' cats who they'd vote for, and call that a representative sample.

Mayor Whiskas 2014!

No shit sherlock.

But Forum has been the dominant voice so far and they only call landlines. That might work when you're calling across the province, or across the country. But in Toronto, if you're not calling cell phones, then you're basically just making shit up.

The polls are bullshit in Toronto, but the media keep touting them. More in the field means a likelihood of more divergent numbers (like last Friday's poll) that can upset the current narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back