1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 773     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'd like to see Doug called on is his line about the Ford family and community service. Let's do the math. 1.) Doug is involved in Rotary, but so are lots of people. Other than that, he seems to spend a lot of time in Chicago. 2.) Randy. What does this guy do, anyway? 3.) Kathy. Based on the news, she's a washed up trust-fund junkie, reduced to stealing toothbrushes and lying about fulfilling a community service sentence, which leaves, 4.) Rob. He's the one who has actually tried with his football foundation. And what has earned for his efforts? He's banned from coaching at both school boards due to bad behaviour. Sheesh.

Sad state of Ford affairs if Rob returns as councillor in October. No more 24/7 media watch, no more smoking crack in the mayor's office, no more private VIP room at Muzik, no more selfies with underaged 905ers....

Last edited:
One thing I'd like to see Doug called on is his line about the Ford family and community service. Let's do the math. 1.) Doug is involved in Rotary, but so are lots of people. Other than that, he seems to spend a lot of time in Chicago. 2.) Randy. What does this guy do, anyway? 3.) Kathy. Based on the news, she's a washed up trust-fund junkie, reduced to stealing toothbrushes and lying about fulfilling a community service sentence, which leaves, 4.) Rob. He's the one who has actually tried with his football foundation. And what has earned for his efforts? He's banned from coaching at both school boards due to bad behaviour. Sheesh.

5) Mikey :confused:

Ward 2, it's up 2U

Ward 2 voters have suddenly gone from being under-noticed in an under-developed area to being the most important ward in the entire mega-city. The spotlight is on you.

Only Ward 2 has the power to stamp-out the Ford virus. The entire city is sick of the obstruction and oxygen-sucking noise generated by the Fords. Voting for Rob as Councillor will in fact be Ford More Years, just with the volume turned down a bit. Rofo is now worldwide, so there’s no turning back to pre-2010. Be Toronto’s heroes and get out to vote.

Anybody with friends or family in Ward 2, offer to take them to lunch, babysit, walk their dog, kiss their hiney, you name it. Call it your personal activism. They have the power to fix this, but you may not. Get them to vote and do the right thing.

Ward 2, it’s up to you. There are many better candidates than Rob, but to deliver the king hit, it’s time to vote for Andray.

Sad state of Ford affairs if Rob returns as councillor in October. No more 24/7 media watch, no more smoking crack in the mayor's office, no more private VIP room at Muzik, no more selfies with underaged 905ers....

But we get to find cracks in the chrysalis that surrounds the real life that is Dougie's and how much deeper it goes than hash dealer.

I can't help but wonder if Greenstone's reputation is about to take a hit. Suppose the speculation is right and Rob's tumor was detected back in May, but he was told not to sweat it (although I think that's unlikely). Now, four and half months later, he's laid up in Mt. Sinai with what could be a serious malignancy. How does that reflect on the quality of Greenstone's care? Heck, even if they didn't look, the publicity around the Rob Ford story is going to have people asking questions.

I can't help but wonder if Greenstone's reputation is about to take a hit. Suppose the speculation is right and Rob's tumor was detected back in May, but he was told not to sweat it (although I think that's unlikely). Now, four and half months later, he's laid up in Mt. Sinai with what could be a serious malignancy. How does that reflect on the quality of Greenstone's care? Heck, even if they didn't look, the publicity around the Rob Ford story is going to have people asking questions.

Trust Greenestone. We value our reputation a little more than we value our clients' lives.

Ha! I thought you were going to link to this song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INl7bAFTFrA
You've gotta admit the lyrics are pretty much bang on :D

That one works too. Well, maybe works better for Rob "Lyin King" when he's in the mood to break out the Patois Robert persona. Doug, hmm, I have a hard time imagining that one. Then again I have a hard time imagining Doug displaying any sincere human expressions in public.

Fictional dramatization of Thug's public expression exercise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btn4KwHO0WA

I rode those things on Bay and Ossington!

Maybe we shall see them one day in Scarborough? ( I kid! I kid! )

Good post by Lamport - Davenport regarding who gets Ward 2 in this election. But, human nature being what it is, the Fords have been the only government these "folks" have known for 14 years. Perhaps the only government some have known in their lives ( I mean young people and people who are new to the ward ). Now that Rob is on the canvas, some many consider it disloyal if they bail on him now.

I'm not saying it's right, but that may be the way some are thinking. I grew up in the ward next to it. Besides that, for many, Rob is probably the only celebrity many of them are ever likely to meet.

Thanks. So only the notary needs to be physically present? Weird.

That's Crazy Town! K. ;)

Last edited:
Love this subtle gem:

Patients going in for addiction rehab, as Ford did in May, are all given an extensive medical to determine if they are fit for the addiction-rehab process which includes being able to withstand the effects of withdrawal.

GreeneStone documents state that all new patients in the rehab program are to be assessed to see if they have any other health issues, including chronic pain. GreeneStone doctors, the documents say, will work to treat those alongside the addiction issues.

I think the Forum discussed the idea that Ford did a Greenestone detox in Toronto during early May before going to Muskoka. This was after the denial of entry in Chicago. It was during the period in detox that Rob ended up in Hospital for 4 days. I assumed that the Hospital stay was due to a difficult detox but perhaps it was the result of a physical examination that found other health problems, like a "mass". It was during this period that Rob was seen in the mysterious Tim's sighting when everyone assumed he was already in rehab at some unknown location. Does anyone have a more detailed memory of those discussions? (just can't find it on search)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back