1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 773     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Forum discussed the idea that Ford did a Greenestone detox in Toronto during early May before going to Muskoka. This was after the denial of entry in Chicago. It was during the period in detox that Rob ended up in Hospital for 4 days. I assumed that the Hospital stay was due to a difficult detox but perhaps it was the result of a physical examination that found other health problems, like a "mass". It was during this period that Rob was seen in the mysterious Tim's sighting when everyone assumed he was already in rehab at some unknown location. Does anyone have a more detailed memory of those discussions? (just can't find it on search)

Maybe they stumbled across the tumour during the search for Leeanne's watch.

I think the reason I was intrigued by the two of them is that there was nothing to provoke their comments. When the reports of his hospitalization first came out, many people, myself included, weren't saying bad things but were definitely saying something was up. DD made a comment about the number of uncharitable comments regarding Ford's health and I immediately felt ashamed of myself (he wasn't talking to me, it was more my conscience) and then stopped that feeling immediately because I wasn't being uncharitable. He could have just not said anything because nobody was asking his opinion. I also do think that the Globe, Star and every media outlet is likely looking all over the place for info because I bet they are having the same thoughts as many of us. I don't know if Dale and Tossell are just much nicer people than me because by now you'd think they would be much more cynical, especially Dale because of his history with Ford. I haven't seen Peat make comments like they did and obviously nobody is as sickening as Warmington. It seemed very genuine from Dale and Tossell.

only thing I can think of is maybe Dale knows something about RoFo's condition -- something overheard or off the record that he doesn't have the right to put in print. then he'd be trying to secretly "warn" anti-Ford people to back off since they will look bad once the news comes out. I don't know how/why Tossell would have that same knowledge. If that were the case, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Maybe we shall see them one day in Scarborough? ( I kid! I kid! )

Good post by Lamport - Davenport regarding who gets Ward 2 in this election. But, human nature being what it is, the Fords have been the only government these "folks" have known for 14 years. Perhaps the only government some have known in their lives ( I mean young people and people who are new to the ward ). Now that Rob is on the canvas, some many consider it disloyal if they bail on him now.

I'm not saying it's right, but that may be the way some are thinking. I grew up in the ward next to it. Besides that, for many, Rob is probably the only celebrity many of them are ever likely to meet.

That's Crazy Town! K. ;)

You are probably right, Casita. I will certainly defer to your experience with denizens of the area.

If only Andray could change wards and sweep out Mams or Minnan-Wrong. Someone's gotta take out the garbage at CH (preferably not GFL).

Rob shouldn't be running for any public office right now, full stop. His list of health issues is longer than Schindler's. He had a great opportunity to make a graceful exit. What we're seeing now is anything but.

Here's one possibility:

Domain name: dougfordmayor.ca
Domain status: registered
Creation date: 2014/09/12
Expiry date: 2015/09/12
Updated date: 2014/09/12
DNSSEC: Unsigned
http://www.whois.com/whois/dougfordmayor.ca

That's promising. Both robfordformayor.ca and dougfordmayor.ca were registered by Go Daddy Canada and both use WordPress. Rob's site has contact info but Doug's does not. One assumes that Doug will continue to use Quint Guglielmi, the managing partner of Thirdeye Technologies Inc., who designed both Rob's site and the Cut the Waist website.

That said, every folder name I tried kicks back to the same Administrative Mode splash page.

Several people have suggested here that the main reason Thug isn't "really" interested in being Mayor is because Deco is in trouble, and he's needed back at the helm there, but is that actually the case? Can anyone point to evidence of this claim? I haven't seen anything about it mentioned anywhere, apart from a few folks speculating about it in this forum.

Whatever crackpot scheme the Fords are cooking up here, I'm confident at the very least that said scheme exists. The details almost don't matter; they're clearly exploiting Fatass' "deahthbed fall from grace" for all its worth. The barely concealed smirks on the faces of Thug's daughters at his press conference - you know, the one he called to insist the media respect his family's privacy - was a dead giveaway. They knew it was all a performance, and that their father was full of shit. And them standing behind him, doing this while he's in the foreground, pretending to break up at Baby (Whale) Bro's tragic illness (cue the violins) was a macabre touch. They really are a family of ghouls.

I would agree that Thug doesn't genuinely want to be Mayor, but he probably sees the position as a stepping stone to Queen's Park, and I doubt he'd appreciate losing the election, especially if it's a humiliating defeat. That wouldn't serve his purposes at all. Remember, it's all about Ego with the Ford familglia.

I saw the video and I didn't really detect any "smirks". It's your subjective take on what you saw. One should be careful of judging other people's reactions to sad and/or shocking news. It doesn't always fit the mould of what's considered acceptable and "normal. "

Also, I doubt DoFo daughters are invited to the table with Mama Ford & Sons when they hatch plans. They are probably doled out as little info as possible on a need-to-know basis. And finally, I doubt DoFo's daughters are at all happy about this turn of events. Their dad running for mayor means more time spent in Toronto -- they may even have to show up with him, help him campaign, canvas, hand out magnets, etc. Doubt that was what they had planned for themselves in the coming months (were they even at the last Fordfest??); doesn't fit with the beaches/travelling/shopping we were seeing on their social media feeds. ;)

And spare a thought for lil' Mikey. How much does a school trustee get paid? I'm betting it's a lot less than that hundred grand the councillor job was gonna get him. ;) boohoo.

Last edited:
I can't figure out how to copy a link on my BB, but Joe Fiorito has a good opinion piece in the Star today that I think echos what many of us are thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back