176     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 932     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Etobicoke camping office, meanwhile, is permanently closed until Monday.

View attachment 33348

Peat's tweet says that this is the Scarborough office.
https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/510824585294782464
He's running for Ward 2, he can still use an Etobicoke office.

If it is serious, then it's even more despicable that they are worrying about the politics and not his health. What a warped family they are.
someone suggested earlier that maybe it was to make Rob feel better. I can picture him being told he has advanced cancer and should simply resign, pull out of the election and go home and focus only on his health. He flips out, starts screaming "what am I supposed to do? Sit around waiting to die?" (all day, alone with my wife & kids... who hate me!). So in order to calm him down and assure him that they believe he can beat this and will survive, they offer Ward 2 -- his happy place where he can visit constituents and yell at potholes and no one will expect much more than that. "but, but... the gravy train... subways!" he sniffles. So Doug has to run for mayor to save all Robbie's work. (Rob's not smart enough to know that Doug's even less likely to win) ;)

well, it makes for a good story anyways ;)

No, they said the hospital employee told them that. They're not speculating about anything.

So this doctors doesn't usually treat patients with benign tumours?

Well, the city's top homicide detective doesn't usually bust street-level dealers for carrying brass knuckles.

First rule of Ford Club: Assume nothing (other than that the Fords are lying)

And Little Lord To Be Mikey needs to be defeated in the school trustee race because the Ford name recognition should not be underestimated even now.

In which case, maybe it's worth considering who's running--or, for that matter, who's sitting in Ward 1.

And the current sitting trustee, interestingly enough, is John Hastings, a onetime Etobicoke councillor who, along with DoFo Sr., became one of Mike Harris's Class Of '95ers (defeating longtime NDP incumbent Ed Philip). Reelected in '99, he chose not to run in '03, and made a comeback as a trustee in '06.

And Hastings is running again--so in effect, in order to win the trustee race, Mikey has to dislodge "one of his own", so to speak. (I don't know who the "endorsed progressive" in Ward 1 might be.)

Well, the city's top homicide detective doesn't usually bust street-level dealers for carrying brass knuckles.

The Mayor of Toronto would get the best surgeon, period. Plus he certainly had the skill set to control the room, which is definitely a plus when the Ford circus comes to the hospital.

Likely put top man in charge because of the high profile.

The only camping office that matters is the big camping office upstairs anyway. The only real camping manager is the big camping manager upstairs. Look man, it's all upstairs alright, just stay away from the basement. There's nothing in there, certainly nothing like illegal drugs or anything of the sort.

For some reason, I'm thinking of Neil Flagg offering a paraphrase of that at his sports-poster joint a bit further west...

This is an interesting post on twitter:
Retweeted by Joyce Ball
Richard Whittall ‏@WhittallTO 56m

Greenstone clinic took down their Colorectal page in the last 2 hours. Nothing suspicious there at all.

Are you kidding me. Holly crap (no pun intended!).

Desperate acts require despicable displays. It's time to roll out the whack-a-mole nation game. It consists of a random selection of bobbleheads and a 32oz ball peen hammer.

Next week a camera will catch Doug Ford's hissing Frank Underwood Francis Urquehart monolgue.

I think people with the Fords' money and influence get to stay in the hospital as long as they want.

Not true. My Uncle had terminal cancer (bone) and wanted to stay at the Orthopedic hospital in Toronto on Wellesley where he had been for 4 months, he offered a 6 figure donation if he could stay (he liked the nurses and people there) they said no and he was moved to Baycrest. This was about 15 years ago.

Back in January, I wrote this song and posted it to this thread. Jeremy Nichol and his friends did an amazing job in bringing it to life. Now I'm putting out an open call for help making this happen again - but on an even bigger scale.

As you know, Ward 2 will be a showdown between Andray Domise (who is objectively awesome) and Rob Ford (who is Rob Ford). Most take it as a given that Rob Ford will win despite not campaigning (at least I very much doubt that he will show up for any debates or pretty much anything other than Ford Fest). But how incredibly awesome would it be if Rob Ford went down in his own back yard?

I've written a Toronto-specific version of Will.i.am's "Yes We Can" in the way that I did with "We Didn't Start the Fire" back in January. Ideally, I'd like to recreate the video featuring Andray and his supporters. Maybe some council candidates will make cameos. I'm just spitballing here.

Time is obviously of the essence and I don't care about credit or anything other than being able to put together a awesome video that helps Andray in the same way that it helped Obama in 2008 (and we'll forget some of the crappy stuff that happened after he was elected). So if you have the skill to make this vision a reality, please send me a PM.

So basically, he would be be councillor in name only who would never show up at City Hall. That is something I could deal with. It would also show how dumb the ward is to elect a cancer patient.

Sounds like gravy to me, a millionaire drawing money for camping 24/7 and not doing his temp job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back