180     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 934     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's the reporter and who is the "senior hospital official", and the doctor? Vagueness is just as bad as a half truth.

Sorry, I wasn't making notes and don't know CP24 reporters well enough to say. The hospital official was unnamed. I'm not saying you should believe it. Just passing along what was reported.

No, they said the hospital employee told them that. They're not speculating about anything.

Did they vet the information? If they didn't they are just speculating on someone's assumptions.

Sorry, I wasn't making notes and don't know CP24 reporters well enough to say. The hospital official was unnamed. I'm not saying you should believe it. Just passing along what was reported.

Passing along something without comment implies your support the statements in question.

The more accurate way to say this is that they are reporting the hospital employee's speculation.

Thank you, that makes actual sense.

Passing along something without comment implies your support the statements in question.

No, it doesn't, actually. "CP24 reported" rather clearly communicates that I am passing along something that was reported, rather than an opinion. You really need an attitude adjustment.

Not true. My Uncle had terminal cancer (bone) and wanted to stay at the Orthopedic hospital in Toronto on Wellesley where he had been for 4 months, he offered a 6 figure donation if he could stay (he liked the nurses and people there) they said no and he was moved to Baycrest. This was about 15 years ago.

He wasn't the Mayor.

I didn't watch it, but Chow apparently explained why she was so soft on Doug initially and was a bit harsher. She has a chance to reboot her campaign, so more attacks would be nice.

I'm kind of fascinated by Ivor Tossell and Daniel Dale's reactions on twitter to the way people are talking about Ford's medical situation. They almost seem hurt by the way people are talking. I haven't seen much nasty stuff myself, just a lot of people saying they don't believe it and a lot of conspiracy theories that seem to fit.

I'm kind of fascinated by Ivor Tossell and Daniel Dale's reactions on twitter to the way people are talking about Ford's medical situation. They almost seem hurt by the way people are talking. I haven't seen much nasty stuff myself, just a lot of people saying they don't believe it and a lot of conspiracy theories that seem to fit.

After all of the lies regarding the first crack video, how could they be surprised?

It's just that it's hard to point out the obvious holes in the story without sounding like an asshole or a Ford Truther. The Fords will always skate so long as people are polite and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, why should we question the Fords? Just because they've proven themselves to be demonstrable liars virtually every time they open their mouth.

It's just that it's hard to point out the obvious holes in the story without sounding like an asshole or a Ford Truther. The Fords will always skate so long as people are polite and give them the benefit of the doubt.

I think that's the problem in both cases. They both seem like good people in spite of all the things the Fords have done.

I noticed that too. I'm sure they're probably getting bombarded by conspiracy theories - particularly Dale - and are probably starting to get fed up with some that have gone overboard. I've always found Dale to be a pretty good judge of the behavior of Brothers Ford. I think the complete change in the tone of his tweets suggests he believes the situation is serious.

They don't have to like their patients, just treat them.

Lol, I do wonder how the arrogant Dr. Cohen is managing. If the post-spahab story in the Star is any indication, Rob Ford is likely a terrible patient. Between his gross entitlement, his belief that all publicly funded staff are his minions, and the occasional fiver-star tantrum, I'm sure he's a handful. I bet the nurses hate him.

barker-karpis.jpg

Some of the last known photos of the Ford-Kouvalis gang, taken about 2010, at the time of their heist of Toronto City Hall.

Ma Ford, pictured left, was thought to be the ringleader, while Alvin Kouvalis masterminded the gang’s strategy, which included being constantly on the run (ima ‘ide ‘ere, ima ‘ide dere), bait-and-switch, as well as public lying and failing to disclose important information to the police.

Ma Ford’s 3 sons and grandson were major figures in committing acts many would call criminal, with the key focus falling on the second eldest, “Thugâ€, before he became Public Enema #1 in 2014.

Attachments

• barker-karpis.jpg
    barker-karpis.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,052
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back