427     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 518     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 644     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Doug basically just gave the kiss of death to Deco if he were to win. At least as a councillor he could still spend time at the company, as mayor he'd be (officially) locked out of working any job but Mayor. Meaning Randy gets handed the reins full time, or councillor token-cheque-signer Rob. Either way it's a big gamble.

Why would you assume they've been on the up and up with this "mass"? It all sounded pretty fishy on Wednesday, and has only grown increasingly so.
I've said all along it was a scam. In fact I predicted a doctor's note to get out of the election a couple of weeks ago. No way was Ford going to be humiliated at the polls. I was parroting what FN would say.

No, they're not. Because by using phraseology like that, and making offensive comments about his weight, you're offending a very large portion of the population. That's like saying it's okay to call someone a n***** if they're an awful person.

I never said calling someone a pinko is not offensive. It is. Nor did I ever say calling someone a f***** is OK.

Do you generalize everything to prove a point, or do you do it to prove your point has no substance?

I don't think that's true. Nenshi is sometimes extremely heavy (although it seems to fluctuate a lot) and he is extremely well respected.

Ugly comes from within.

Rob's statement. Sheesh. The hectic schedule? Yeah, we all saw how he handled that when not ill. He gave it his all? All of his what? Drunken stupors? Crack-induced rants?

Was Mama at the hospital with a typewriter to tap out that piece of claptrap?

"I have been given fame and undeserved praise by the boys up there behind the wire in the press box. I have a mother and father who fought to give me health and a solid background in my youth. I have a wife, a companion for life, who has

shown me more courage than I ever knew.

People all say that I've had a bad break. But today ... today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth."

Pride of the Yankees

So Doug basically just gave the kiss of death to Deco if he were to win. At least as a councillor he could still spend time at the company, as mayor he'd be (officially) locked out of working any job but Mayor. Meaning Randy gets handed the reins full time, or councillor token-cheque-signer Rob. Either way it's a big gamble.

It would only be a gamble if it was possible for him to win. So, no gamble.

I am really curious how this will poll over the weekend.

Lenser:

The behaviour exhibited thus far by his family is one that not only knows the rules, but knows how to game them.

AoD

Yep. Depressingly true. This spectacle continues to tease itself out in a perfectly ghastly manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back