News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 27s
Rob Ford was not in good shape in the election even before the hospitalization - down 12 points, lowest approval. Doug would have it tough.

I look forward to it!

I almost wonder if Rob Ford's unhealthy and train-wreck life is actually what makes a lot of people like him, and why crack-smoking and lying haven't hurt his base very much. That out of some kind of deep insecurity, they are intimidated by the people they perceive as "elite" and like that Rob is no better or smarter than they are. Maybe someone just barely struggling keeping their life together is comforted that Rob is in the same boat.

In all fairness, the Ford's have information we don't.

I don't doubt for a minute this is a malignant tumour. The preliminary biopsy results would be available quickly, there may be spots elsewhere (liver, lungs) that haven't been confirmed.

We should not assume that we know everything the Fords' do.

I don't have much good to say about their family, but I am more than prepared to put my cynicism aside on this. No one ever wants to face what they are facing right now.

I notice that while there is news of both Rub and Mute withdrawing and Slug registering, there is no mention of Rub registering for Ward 2. Maybe Rub and Co. Know he likely won't be able to serve. Not wishful thinking, just observation.

Wormington is such a tool on CP24 right now. Say goodnight Joe...

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1m
Sun columnist Joe Warmington, Rob Ford's favourite journalist, on CP24: "He's gonna regret it. For sure he's gonna regret it."

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 4s
Rob Ford's name has been officially withdrawn from mayor's race. So has nephew Michael Ford's in Ward 2 Etobicoke North.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 21s
Doug Ford's name not officially on the ballot for mayor. Appears trouble is with his papers, for which they needed an oath commissioned.

I know I am kind of picking on his weight, but, he can't be that huge with out poor eating choices. If he can't even eat like a grown up, how can he do a grown up's job?

You have a greatly distorted perception of what and how grownups eat. Most grownups eat like garbage, including skinny ones.

Last edited:
Who's going to regret it more, Joe? You or Rob?
Daniel Dale @ddale8
Sun columnist Joe Warmington, Rob Ford's favourite journalist, on CP24: "He's gonna regret it. For sure he's gonna regret it."

Not much time for a prediction, but here's my thought:

If Rob Ford jumps in to the council race for Ward 2, I'm assuming that they already know the mass is benign, but didn't believe he had a chance of beating Tory, and this is a face-saving move.

I won't speculate as to whether this was an incredible stroke of luck or a long-held contingency strategy. I also won't speculate as to whether they actually believe that Doug *can* win.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 23s
Ford still (only) have 50 minutes to sort their papers out at city hall.

Please have a traffic jam!

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 37s
What we can confirm is that Mayor Ford's spox had w him a registration form for mayor w Doug Ford's name on it, unclear if it was submitted

Any chance that there's a huge line up at the desk when they come back?

Come on Toronto! Time to go register for mayor even if you don't have the right paperwork.

Get to the desk and ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS!

Not much time for a prediction, but here's my thought:

If Rob Ford jumps in to the council race for Ward 2, I'm assuming that they already know the mass is benign, but didn't believe he had a chance of beating Tory, and this is a face-saving move.

I won't speculate as to whether this was an incredible stroke of luck or a long-held contingency strategy. I also won't speculate as to whether they actually believe that Doug *can* win.
If they actually believe that Doug can win, they are completely delusional.

I can believe that the doctor have given them best case/worst case scenarios, but I don't believe they know yet regarding potential malignancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back