4.5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 676     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still call BS on this whole "scare". I think the Ford's think they are a candy shop but what they don't get is just about everyone who has thumbs are sick on the sweetness - I hope they get trounced back to the 1950's and disappear from politics forever.

Agreed. The Fords have given us every reason to be skeptical of everything they say and do. Cue more allusions to chemo and cancer, which they'll milk for the next week thanks to Dr. Cohen, only to declare OMG IT'S A MIRACLE IT'S BENIGN!!!!

Just a short while before the tumour story broke I posted on this thread that Ford wouldn't make it to election day. In typical fashion, the Fords have controlled the message.

Withdrawal for Rob and Michael Ford! Doug tried to register but they didn't have the correct.
Because I am shallow and petty, this made me smile like a Cheshire Cat. Best news in a long time, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Ha, this is so funny. They should have made sure that Doug was in before they pulled Mikey and Rob. Now nobodies in, and they don't have the right paperwork.

tick.. tick.. tick..

Hopefully, they have to go someplace else to get the paperwork.

Last edited:
Several people have expressed this and I kinda don't get it: why would there be a backlash? Suggesting they already knew it was benign? How is anyone going to prove they did?

Exactly. This is the infuriating nature of the Fords: they always maintain just enough deniability to wiggle off the hook.

And once more, the (ahem) rational and disciplined voices in my head got it TOTALLY WRONG!!!! Wow. Mikey, too. Unbelieveable. I bow down to those of you called it. Well done! I'll turn in my Ford-prognosticator credentials before the end of the day.

As happy as I am to see Rob out of it, I would have preferred to see him go down in flames at the ballot box (or even at the ballet box)

Me too.
BUT if Rob and Doug were always right about what the taxpayers want etc., there is no reason for the numbers to change at all. Why, just look at how Mikey was polling.

When Doug crashes and burns in stunning fashion, as he will, that argument will be harder to make.

Who wants to bet that Rob runs in Ward 2? Any takers?

I will take that bet.

Ha, this is so funny. They should have made sure that Doug was in before they pulled Mikey and Rob. Now nobodies in, and they don't have the right paperwork.

tick.. tick.. tick..

Hopefully, hey have to go someplace else to get the paperwork.

It would be hilarious if they couldn't get the paperwork right!

680News Toronto ‏@680News 1m
Doug Ford is preparing nomination papers, but it is unclear what office he plans to run for. #TOpoli

In all fairness, the Ford's have information we don't.

I don't doubt for a minute this is a malignant tumour. The preliminary biopsy results would be available quickly, there may be spots elsewhere (liver, lungs) that haven't been confirmed.

We should not assume that we know everything the Fords' do.

I don't have much good to say about their family, but I am more than prepared to put my cynicism aside on this. No one ever wants to face what they are facing right now.
Sorry, I've given them the benefit of the doubt in the interests of fairness in the past. I don't wish a cancer diagnosis on anyone, but Doug is a sleezeball scum bucket who will say anything to suit his interests. If he cared about his brother, he wouldn't make statements about something that they haven't confirmed. Perhaps they do know, but you don't go around giving information that contradicts the official stance, unless you're Doug of course who lies and dramatizes as easily as he breathes.

And once more, the (ahem) rational and disciplined voices in my head got it TOTALLY WRONG!!!! Wow. Mikey, too. Unbelieveable. I bow down to those of you called it. Well done! I'll turn in my Ford-prognosticator credentials before the end of the day.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, but I will stick by my 14.7% prediction on a Ford for Mayor.

tick.. tick.. tick..

Hopefully, they have to go someplace else to get the paperwork.

Maybe Doug is actually doing the right thing and wants the family off the radar so he can get on with his own aspirations. Doug maybe faked out his own family? Maybe RoFo's prognosis is MUCH worse than they had planned?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back