516     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 625     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what you're saying is, calling someone a pinko is not offensive, but calling someone a fat ass is. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine.

It's still OK to call some one a Faggot, but the 'n' word can't even by typed out...double standard.

I never said calling someone a pinko is not offensive. It is. Nor did I ever say calling someone a f***** is OK.

Matt Elliott ‏@GraphicMatt · 4m
Possible ending: 1:59 p.m. Doug Ford two blocks away from city hall where he plans to register, stuck in SUV behind streetcar, honking.

Can we get a fleet of cyclists and maybe a few surplus streetcars on the roads between Mt. Sinai and City Hall until, say, 2:05pm? Just get in front of any SUV you see!

ETA: Just beaten to it!

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 45s
Looks like the Ford team is trying to carry out a delicate operation. It will collapse the moment one of them enters the elections office.

Kevin Misener ‏@Misener680News 3m
Mayor's team had documents in hand, but did NOT enter the City Clerk's office. 2pm deadline to withdraw from ballot. #TOpoli

And here we go...

Can we get a fleet of cyclists and maybe a few surplus streetcars on the roads between Mt. Sinai and City Hall until, say, 2:05pm? Just get in front of any SUV you see!

ETA: Just beaten to it!

Funny but I bet they have a proxy standing by

Doug for Mayor would be stupid. A lot of Fordites would back him, but then he's be working down from 25%.

Makes a lot more sense if Rob runs from his hospital bed and then dies in office.
Doug could win the by-election in a sympathy vote.

That's a pretty good position to be in six weeks out. How many of us can name a non-incumbent running in our ward? How about for the general public?

ETA - whatever 'Lil Mikey has now is a ceiling. He has nowhere to go but down.

Oh! Oh! I can! Benjamin Dichter for Ward 27!

How do I know this? Because he's a total effing d*ckhead who's defended Ford on Twitter. Of course, he's also a trust fund misogynist, homophobic "business leader" like Rob! He also posts council-themed NHL video game videos on YouTube. Seriously.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 37s
Silverstein, Jacobs enter election office.

The big event has started.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 12s
Silverstein is here submitting paperwork. Withdrawing Rob Ford's name from the race and entering Doug.

And there you have it.

Doug for Mayor would be stupid. A lot of Fordites would back him, but then he's be working down from 25%.

Makes a lot more sense if Rob runs from his hospital bed and then dies in office.
Doug could win the by-election in a sympathy vote.
I don't think Doug gets much sympathy. His douchiness is evident even to FordNation. I mean, once Singing Jimmy has denounced you, you're pretty much sunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back