207     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 861     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 546     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morbidly obese? He's not confined to his bed or anything. Just obese is fine ;)
Morbid obesity has an actual definition. I think using the term is accurate with respect to Rob Ford:

"An individual is considered morbidly obese if he or she is 100 pounds over his/her ideal body weight, has a BMI of 40 or more, or 35 or more and experiencing obesity-related health conditions, such as high blood pressure or diabetes."

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/highl.../bariatrics/right-for-you/morbid-obesity.aspx

(Edit: I see I am "late to the show" LOl)

Actually Khris the definition and thresholds are clinical standards.

http://www.weightlosssurgery.ca/mor...t-loss-surgery/information-on-morbid-obesity/

Morbid obesity is defined medically as more than 100 pounds greater than the ideal body weight or a Body Mass Index (BMI) that is more than 40 kg/m2.

It is quite possible the Mayor meets this threshold.

Actually, he does meet the criteria of morbid obesity.
5'10", 280 lbs (a generous guess on my part. I suspect it's actually higher) would put him in a BMI of 40.2

ETA: half a dozen people beat me to it.

I would love to have a mayor like Nenshi in Calgary and Tory is probably the closest thing to that. He has dealt with a flood and now a freak snow storm with class.

From what I can tell, Rob Ford is likely morbidly obese.

All he would have to be is 100 pounds over his ideal body weight. Let's say he is at a generous 5'10". His highest IBW would be 183 pounds. We know he was 315 during the Cut the Waist challenge, and other than some blips he has remained there or higher. He would have to be 6'4" to be 315 and not morbidly obese.

ETA: subways

Completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. Joking about a man's serious illness, a large tumor, demonstrates a bankruptcy of moral character. Period.

I want his gone as well but wish him no harm. Too many of you appear to be applauding it. Shame on you loathsome, small, small, individuals.

Why are personal shots permitted on this forum? Someone please enlighten me?

Yeah, why are they?

Oh, he's banned now. Bye bye, overwhelmingly moral, big, big individual.

Huh. Interesting. I'm surprised that the threshold for morbid obesity is so low. I would think those people who can't get out of their own house would be considered morbidly obese, not someone who runs up stairs occasionally.
Thanks for informing.

This got him police and emergency services support:

"And if they're going to make a bit more money for doing it – I have never had a person come up and say, ‘Rob, I object to paying paramedics, firefighters or police more money.’ This is where the money should be spent, and I have no problem paying our officers, or our firefighters or our paramedics good money to do a job."

Councillor Rob Ford, CP24 mayoral debate. October 2010.

Also, I believe Soks would have taken a look at the two-officer car. That's an old hot potato from the late Syd Brown era. TPA went work to rule over that, and won.

He didn't do anything for EMS...ask a paramedic.

Daniel Dale's answer to my question:

If Ford is out of the picture, are his supporters so loyal that they would refuse to vote for Chow or Tory?

Many of them are - many of them are non-voters who vote for Ford because they love Ford. Polls have shown that supporters of Chow and Tory have second-favourite candidates - usually the other - while Ford supporters are far more likely to say they have no second-favourite. If Ford isn't on the ballot, I expect much of his support base to stay away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back