183     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 808     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 542     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
why the fuck would you leave it 3 months before you went to see a doctor?

Because you're an addict who will be confronted on your substance abuse.

Best candidate at the time? Guess you weren't paying attention to municipal politics in 2010. What made you change your mind?

Good question Patty. I was in fact paying attention but found the alternative choice to be a sleazy candidate in his own right.

He is a proven bigot, homophobe, racist, liar, habitual hard drug user and probably an alcoholic. He is probably a sociopath and he is an ineffective leader who would do more harm than good to the city if re elected.

From a policy perspective I think his platform is reasonable, particularly his ability to stand up to the unions and his desire to run a lean administration, but the disgusting characteristics I've listed far outweigh any simple municipal policy. He's an utter failure as a human being and not worthy of holding public office.

From a policy perspective I think his platform is reasonable, particularly his ability to stand up to the unions and his desire to run a lean administration,

he caved to the police union, gave them a huge raise. Has cost the city "billions", and it hasn't improved in the least. His administration is an overpaid joke.....and I thought you said you weren't going to post in this thread anymore.

How dumb are these guys. A television station is now a rag. What is a classes elitist? Tysons, where there two? They did not call him a rapist. He is a convicted rapist. He spoke the truth because he supports Doug Ford?

My god. There is no hope for these simpletons.

I would imagine that if CP24 didn't devote any time to Tyson and his endorsement of Ford, IHTWOMRF would be crying bias and racism instead.

particularly his ability to stand up to the unions

Mayors Lastman and Miller took on the unions.

Lastman over "jobs for life" and Miller for the Sick Bank.

What did Ford do? He gave TTC essential service status. Wait till you see the binding interest arbitration results. Ford never challenged police or emergency services contracts. That is what Soknacki wanted to do. Ford wouldn't even take on Paid Duty, and insisted on calling it overtime. It is not overtime, and there is a big difference. For one thing, Paid Duty does not show on the Sunshine List.

I sure did! He was the best candidate at the time.

In Towers defense I voted for Smitherman - and he turned out to be a train wreck at the Provincial level (after the fact). Who would have guessed that - in hind sight - Joey Pants would have turned out to be the best candidate of the 3...

Ford wouldn't even take on Paid Duty, and insisted on calling it overtime. It is not overtime, and there is a big difference. For one thing, Paid Duty does not show on the Sunshine List.

I'm sure Officers being paid "Overtime" will draw their guns and give out Tickets - Paid Duty Officers will not. That is one of the reasons Ford sucks as a Mayor.

he caved to the police union, gave them a huge raise.

This got him police and emergency services support:

"And if they're going to make a bit more money for doing it – I have never had a person come up and say, ‘Rob, I object to paying paramedics, firefighters or police more money.’ This is where the money should be spent, and I have no problem paying our officers, or our firefighters or our paramedics good money to do a job."

Councillor Rob Ford, CP24 mayoral debate. October 2010.

Also, I believe Soks would have taken a look at the two-officer car. That's an old hot potato from the late Syd Brown era. TPA went work to rule over that, and won.

Last edited:
If
a) your dad died of colon cancer,
b) you had a tumour removed from your appendix a couple of years ago,
c) you also had a section of your colon removed at that time,
d) you suddenly start to get frequent abdominal pain

why the fuck would you leave it 3 months before you went to see a doctor?

Subways?

How dumb are these guys. A television station is now a rag. What is a classes elitist? Tysons, where there two? They did not call him a rapist. He is a convicted rapist. He spoke the truth because he supports Doug Ford?

My god. There is no hope for these simpletons.

And wait - if for some reason this is a terminal condition for Rob then his followers will blame the media for driving him to an early grave - it will have nothing to do with any other plausible reason (ie genetics, lifestyle...).

Morbidly obese substance abuser apparently has significant health problems. I'm shocked.

Ford has rightfully earned any skepticism coming his way about this, and if it is true, you just know that he's going to handle this like an asshole. It's like his factory setting.
Morbidly obese? He's not confined to his bed or anything. Just obese is fine ;)

And wait - if for some reason this is a terminal condition for Rob then his followers will blame the media for driving him to an early grave - it will have nothing to do with any other plausible reason (ie genetics, lifestyle...).

Some of them (e.g. comments in Nat Post) are already accusing his opponents of stressing him out and giving him cancer.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back