306     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 418     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible that he's not high or drunk and just isn't used to the train or is being lazy. I sometimes sway around like that just for fun, hang off the pole on an empty train and let the motion swing me around. It's fun when you're bored ...

But I wouldn't do it in front of TV cameras! ;-)

As moronic as RoFo is, would his aides let him do a media appearance while visibly intoxicated?

Yeah, he doesn't seem high to me, just relaxed and goofing off because he has an audience. We know he gets off on the attention after all. He's definitely not nodding out (I've seen smackheads nodding out, it's not at all like that).

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2m
The Society for the Young and Politically Engaged says it had permission from the University Club to invite print media to Rob Ford speech.

Interesting.

Sarah Thomson's out. Not that anyone will notice.

Her 0.00001% of the vote will be valuable!

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 41s
Sarah Thomson announces she's dropping out of the mayoral race to join overcrowded race in Ward 20 Trinity-Spadina.

Last edited:
Sarah Thomson's out. Not that anyone will notice.

Oh Mrs. Thompson. I remember when you first appeared on the scene, I was actually impressed. Then you started going a bit strange. Then really weird. Then finally, I was wondering if aliens beamed up the Sarah Thompson of early 2010, and replaced her with a pod clone that went haywire.

Anyhow, what's on the docket for this week, MINO pulling out of more debates yet? Throwing another ultimatum of either the biased media goes, or King Frod goes? Is Thug still here or is he off to Chicago?

You don't need to graduate high school to get into community college. You can apply as a mature student at 19 years old. Like all students you must pass a competency test in english and math, which generally means capable reading and math at the grade 10 level, same as a GED diploma

Humber Admission Requirements:

Does not possess the minimum admission requirements but has reached their 19th birthday by the first official day of classes may be considered as mature students.

The admissions department will assess the current academic strengths of mature student applicants by reviewing any completed high school credits or through admission testing.

After reviewing the results, the admissions department may recommend direct entry into a program or academic upgrading to help better prepare a mature student for their studies

Again, entrance requirements weren't the point. Media states he graduated 2010 and he didn't. He was part of the 2012 graduating class and was still there in 2013 for a fifth year. If he went to college, it wasn't till 2013, at least according to the Richview cohort he went to school with.

And yes you can get into Humber as a mature student, but not straight out of high school without the marks. But again, that wasn't the point.

Warmington was also just repeating a Ford lie there. The proposed Light Rail change won't involve having to climb stairs or wait in the cold. This is what it would look like.

View attachment 32681

Shouldn't Warmington have to fact check basic-ass lies like this?

The way you can tell Warmington (and Ford Nation) is making up excuses is that they're desperately trying new ways of combining bullshit objections to things. Not only would you have to climb stairs (the horror!), you'd do so to end up waiting outside in the cold on an elevated platform like on the Scarborough RT (or the EL in Chicago, if that means anything to the FoBros), and then you'll get on an LRT that will run down the middle of a road for the sole purpose of pissing off drivers. So this road the LRT will run on is elevated to the same level as that platform you had to climb up to? Or does the LRT descend to street level like a Hot Wheels ramp?

If you show that mockup of a combined subway and LRT platform to Ford Nation, they'll probably splutter something to the effect that it's technically impossible and no such setup exists anywhere.

I'm not a proponent of SmartTrack, but I'm seeing FN types objecting to it on the grounds that ... well, 'Existing rail lines for commuter trains in the city? That's craaazy talk! I don't wanna ride a train at ground level anywhere! Subway all the way!'

Anyhow, what's on the docket for this week, MINO pulling out of more debates yet? Throwing another ultimatum of either the biased media goes, or King Frod goes? Is Thug still here or is he off to Chicago?

Friday is the last day to switch your dance card isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back