153     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 299     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looping back to this loopy video from his empty-subway ride to the Sheppard presser.. I've watched it a few times and it seems to be evidence of being ahem, medicated, ahem, out of his mind. He's even got the tongue wagging happening. Sober Coach might wanna get a metropass..

[video=youtube;WbcETJRoNCs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbcETJRoNCs[/video]
I've watched this a couple times and keeping thinking that he's terrified (sort of like being in a submarine for the first time), but is chattering away as a deflection of his fear. Maybe subways actually scare the crap out of him.

It's possible that he's not high or drunk and just isn't used to the train or is being lazy. I sometimes sway around like that just for fun, hang off the pole on an empty train and let the motion swing me around. It's fun when you're bored ...

But I wouldn't do it in front of TV cameras! ;-)

As moronic as RoFo is, would his aides let him do a media appearance while visibly intoxicated?

Not doing well in high school wasn't my point. It was that when he graduated high school should be easy to verify and yet no one seems to be able to do that.

You don't need to graduate high school to get into community college. You can apply as a mature student at 19 years old. Like all students you must pass a competency test in english and math, which generally means capable reading and math at the grade 10 level, same as a GED diploma

Humber Admission Requirements:

Does not possess the minimum admission requirements but has reached their 19th birthday by the first official day of classes may be considered as mature students.

The admissions department will assess the current academic strengths of mature student applicants by reviewing any completed high school credits or through admission testing.

After reviewing the results, the admissions department may recommend direct entry into a program or academic upgrading to help better prepare a mature student for their studies

It's possible that he's not high or drunk and just isn't used to the train or is being lazy. I sometimes sway around like that just for fun, hang off the pole on an empty train and let the motion swing me around. It's fun when you're bored ...

But I wouldn't do it in front of TV cameras! ;-)

As moronic as RoFo is, would his aides let him do a media appearance while visibly intoxicated?
It's not just the swaying, it's his entire demeanour and speech pattern.

As for your question, whatever aides are left are sycophants and panderers. Anyone with at least one functioning brain cell is long gone.

Tomorrow's Warmington article is going to be about how Rob Ford is a big boy because he can wipe all by himself.
Wednesday's Toronto Star will counter with an expose about how the mayor's office staff were forced to change Ford's diapers in the back seat of his Escalade.
On Thursday Warmington will fight back with an article that quotes Doug as saying that John Tory is an elitist who probably wipes his ass with $20 bills. And so what if Rob uses depends, because those are real man diapers.
On Friday Olivia Chow will pile on with a story about a family in Scarborough who have to use a bucket because TCHC won't fix their bathroom.
On Saturday Socknaki will release a position paper that shows how a 10% increase in fibre consumption will reduce wear and tear on Toronto's sewage system, saving over $200M annually
Finally, on Saturday Sarah Thomson will fling bags of sheep manure off the roof of St. Lawrence Market because that's what her metal tooth filling told her to do.

Animatronic: This is just a week in the Toronto Mayor Campaign - and what a week...

1-With RF using Depends I wonder if they burp and spank him also...

2-Doug Ford thinking that Tory is a rich elitist is interesting remembering that the Fords are not exactly poor themselves...

3-OC would probably step in to help someone with utility problems like this - RF probably would do nothing...

4-Soknacki will try to get voters to notice where Toronto's City services need improvement - starting with the sewage system...Why there?

5-The silicon chip in Sarah Thompson's head is switched to overload and thankfully it turns out that it is just bags of sheep manure being
thrown down at the St. Lawrence Market and not something else that could inflict bodily harm on herself or others...ST is quite a character...

I feel that Toronto and its citizens will breathe the proverbial sigh of relief when this election is finally over and a new Mayor takes over ending
the RF debacle...The World (at least North America) will be watching to see how all of this turns out...LI MIKE

Here's the thing about the Mikey photo.

Apparently his last job of any note was as a counsellor at Kandelore. That's a reasonably respectable canoe camp, i.e., older kids go out on 21-day trips with not a lot besides what they can carry. The old adage is 'Go in soft, come out a nail'. When I was doing that shit, Kandalore had the rep of being a little lux, but still they travelled.

You'd be up in Temagami doing some loop and, damn, there they were: The Kandalore kids going for the prime real estate you were gunning for. So you'd have to race for it, paddling hard to stake your place. Winner take all. And, if you got their first, you'd take your prize. You got lean. A little mean. And while this happened infrequently, it occurred enough that it's memory-etched. But after one of those trips, and later ones at Wanipitei where you'd go further, there wasn't a single kid who didn't drop at least 8 kg., gain a new physique and an entirely new perspective.

Maybe Mike stayed at base with the younger kids, but to be a counsellor there you surely had to go hard at least once or twice. And that would stay with you. Muscle memory and all. So that photo makes me sad. He's a kid who, while having great advantage, has also encountered unspeakable tragedy. And he is about to possibly step into, or be annointed to, a role of civic responsibility for which he's wholly unqualified, unprepared and unsuitable. He's a good candidate for gout, though.

TL/DR: He'll never be a nail, is all.

'Struth, about Kandalore - one certainly doesn't get to be a counselor there by slouching around going to fat. Maybe he 'peaked' early? Your last line about sums it up... and one doesn't hear enough from him to know if he's run to fat between the ears as well. Kandalore would have taken some self-determination and self-discipline, at least. Good qualities in a Councilperson. But who could know if he's still got 'em these days? :)

Tomorrow's Warmington article is going to be about how Rob Ford is a big boy because he can wipe all by himself.
Wednesday's Toronto Star will counter with an expose about how the mayor's office staff were forced to change Ford's diapers in the back seat of his Escalade.
On Thursday Warmington will fight back with an article that quotes Doug as saying that John Tory is an elitist who probably wipes his ass with $20 bills. And so what if Rob uses depends, because those are real man diapers.
On Friday Olivia Chow will pile on with a story about a family in Scarborough who have to use a bucket because TCHC won't fix their bathroom.
On Saturday Socknaki will release a position paper that shows how a 10% increase in fibre consumption will reduce wear and tear on Toronto's sewage system, saving over $200M annually
Finally, on Saturday Sarah Thomson will fling bags of sheep manure off the roof of St. Lawrence Market because that's what her metal tooth filling told her to do.

View attachment 32685
This is a photo of:
  • Mikey Ford, wearing a onesie, on his way to a YTV presser to announce his youth-oriented transit policy (“Love it now, ride it when you’re a grown-upâ€)
  • Dog Ford, on his way to see “A Streetcar Named Desireeâ€, a new revue at the (Brass) Rail
  • Rob Ford's LRT vision, while tripping balls
  • All of the above

OH, thank you both. :D:D:D My morning chortles.

4-Soknacki will try to get voters to notice where Toronto's City services need improvement - starting with the sewage system...Why there?

Just like the rest of his campaign: smart, but not sexy.

The sewer system is major disrepair, and we really need to take the plunge and eliminate combined sewers. But that's very expensive and regular citizens just won't see the effect of making these investments until catastrophe strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back