168     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 471     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.2K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Toronto EMS. But, I've been retired for over five years.

Well thank you for your service to the city! Both at EMS and here at UT. Do tell, are all these vids in your brain? Do you pore over old flicks for material? Frank Zappa playing bicycle is my all time fave. ( shit I hope thats yours)

Do you have any insight into diversity at EMS, TPS or TFS?

Last edited:
Pathetic, really. Any politician worth his/her salt should be able to withstand a little opposition. Not our Slob, and apart from anything else, it certainly puts the lie to his belligerent tough guy act.

If he had charm he could turn his obvious discomfort into sympathy. Like Rodney Dangerfield pulling on his tie: "I get no respect". People loved him for it.

View attachment 32168

Im guessing all candidates will be glad handing the workers at labour day parade. Any plans for disruption? Fully shirted disruption is perfectly acceptable. Some good questions for frod. Other than the police association what other unions are you here to support? Do you believe in collective bargaining? What benefits do Deco employees enjoy?

Last edited:
Clear your cache. The sun's paywall is easy to circumvent. I also recommend using adblock plus and Ghostery.

Did none of the papers write about the debate?
ROFOMOFO it worked! Thanks. (I think)
The sun reported on the afternoon talk but not the debate. I foolishly clicked on the worm column entitled
an historic day for Toronto. Thinking it might be historic because robbie got slammed with his own record but, no. It was about new streetcars.

Last edited:
If he had charm he could turn his obvious discomfort into sympathy. Like Rodney Dangerfield pulling on his tie: "I get no respect". People loved him for it.

View attachment 32168

Agreed. And to be truly great like Rodney, he would also have to attract empathy.

I don't see much change taking place for better or worse with Rob Ford as mayor.

I've gotta agree with you there. With Rob Ford as mayor and all this drama going around about him, nothing's really gonna get done unless someone better is elected as mayor.

I know you posted this in 2010, but on the Forum Research Inc. website I found a poll (click here) stating that most people want John Tory to be the next mayor, which could cause things to brighten up. :)

Maybe I missed some talk of this, but:

Did anyone else get the fundraising email from the Rob Ford campaign last night?
The only possible way that they would have my address is by accessing some correspondence I've had with the mayors office through the city - which, I believe, would be a flagrant abuse of campaign laws.
He's been called out on this before yet they are at it again.

Maybe I missed some talk of this, but:

Did anyone else get the fundraising email from the Rob Ford campaign last night?
The only possible way that they would have my address is by accessing some correspondence I've had with the mayors office through the city - which, I believe, would be a flagrant abuse of campaign laws.
He's been called out on this before yet they are at it again.

A poster called Mope was saying about the same thing. He/she had had the unsubscribe address cut off.60 or so posts back.

I'd love to know how I got on their email list.

Anyone know if this is a violation of CASL? I'm wondering if the merchandising might cross the line...

Are there exceptions, such as the Do Not Call list for political parties and charities?
Canada's anti-spam legislation (CASL) does not apply to non-commercial activity. Political parties and charities that engage Canadians through email are not subject to CASL if these communications do not involve selling or promoting a product.

There are also further exemptions for situations where such organizations engage in commercial activities with people who have made a donation or gift in the last 18 months, volunteered or performed volunteer work in the last 18 months, or were a member of the organization in the last 18 months. These exceptions apply to registered charities, political parties and candidates in federal, provincial, territorial or municipal elections.

View attachment 32156
Here it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back