163     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 279     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 523     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like it's also the place for politicians to hang out, apparently Olivia was in a few weeks ago to meet with Moeser. Great local diner in Highland Creek, looks just like it did when I was a kid in the 60's.

Oh yeah ...there's been all kinds of celebrities and politicians as well as some of scarborough's finest{insert sarcasm}. I love that place. Well not so much that booth anymore. He tarnished the best booth.

Oh yeah ...there's been all kinds of celebrities and politicians as well as some of scarborough's finest{insert sarcasm}. I love that place. Well not so much that booth anymore. He tarnished the best booth.
Which one was it? I meet with a bunch of anti-Ford locals each week for breakfast. We'll have to perform some sort of cleansing to get rid of the Ford cooties.

You did a valuable public service as far as I'm concerned. Norm Kelly was there too?

My insides were a pile of hot lava and I was SHAKING from the adrenaline - not out of fear but out of not letting the moment pass. They were very casually having a conversation. Norm seemed happy and also took most of the pictures for Ford. That bothered me.
At some points I could hear Ford's voice go like when he says DooOOOlllarss!! so I don't know if they were there being friends or maybe Ford was doing some quick time making up. They left with Norm outtie before Ford - all the staff needed his picture dontcha know. He made everyone giggle and snort and poof he was gone in a puff of escalade smoke.

And FWIW my mother just admonished me on the phone for doing what I did. Both because I was vulgar to a mayor, and mostly because she thinks now I will be whack'd.

Last edited:
OMG amazing. I would have done the same. I don't get how people are around him and don't tell him how they feel. I would have no problems doing it. I just never run into him.

You are my hero. I would have muttered under my breath. And thought up something clever in the parking lot.

Unless Norm moved he lives in the area as well. It seems that we have more politicians per square km than any other ward.

Ah, ok gotcha. My only brush with municipal political fame is meeting Raymond Cho once, but that's barely worth mentioning. :p Anyway again, good on ya Yaitsme. Rofos 'celebrity' aura needs to be dismantled. I've said it before that underestimating someone like him is dangerous, but that doesn't mean Fofam bullying and bullshit has to be accepted and not challenged and discredited. Though I was relieved you confronted him in a public space where there are lots of witnesses.

edited addition:

Yaitsme said:
I love that place. Well not so much that booth anymore. He tarnished the best booth.

He tarnishes a lot things.

Last edited:
Fashion entrepreneur gets boost from Ford Nation

Oliver Dixon, 18, of East York, recently launched his own clothing line called Prnce Apparel.

One of his shirts was worn by Councillor Doug Ford while his brother, Mayor Rob Ford, took part in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge earlier this month.

[...]

Ford — who is an old friend of Dixon’s mother — said he was glad to wear the shirt at a public event.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/30/fashion-entrepreneur-gets-boost-from-ford-nation

Mayor Rob FordVerified account
‏@TOMayorFord
On sale Monday, 10 AM, 15 Weston Wood Rd, "Robbie Bobbies" in support of the Humber River Regional Hospital

https://twitter.com/TOMayorFord/status/505744079661985794

BwTDj4sCcAAdYlH.jpg

So what exactly do you think "a portion of the proceeds" means? Where is the rest going given that this is being promoted through his mayoral account?

Attachments

• BwTDj4sCcAAdYlH.jpg
    BwTDj4sCcAAdYlH.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 784
My insides were a pile of hot lava and I was SHAKING from the adrenaline - not out of fear but out of not letting the moment pass. They were very casually having a conversation. Norm seemed happy and also took most of the pictures for Ford. That bothered me.
At some points I could hear Ford's voice go like when he says DooOOOlllarss!! so I don't know if they were there being friends or maybe Ford was doing some quick time making up. They left with Norm outtie before Ford - all the staff needed his picture dontcha know. He made everyone giggle and snort and poof he was gone in a puff of escalade smoke.

And FWIW my mother just admonished me on the phone for doing what I did. Both because I was vulgar to a mayor, and mostly because she thinks now I will be whack'd.

Well done, you! I would have done the same thing. I doubt he whacks based on being insulted. Half of Toronto would be whack'd...

Mayor Rob FordVerified account
‏@TOMayorFord
On sale Monday, 10 AM, 15 Weston Wood Rd, "Robbie Bobbies" in support of the Humber River Regional Hospital

https://twitter.com/TOMayorFord/status/505744079661985794

View attachment 32171

So what exactly do you think "a portion of the proceeds" means? Where is the rest going given that this is being promoted through his mayoral account?
I thought he was selling them at mom's house. Guess the neighbours have had enough of the type of people that Ford attracts. It seems like such a nice neighbourhood, too bad they have to put up with the trashy Ford family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back