177     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 281     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 524     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Olivia finding her stride at the debate: could Kinsella's loss be a huge burden off her back?

Re Olivia finding her stride at the debate: could Kinsella's loss be a huge burden off her back?

Possibly. I think her performance last night had more to do with polling trends and that campaigns are now kicking into high gear. Having Warren step back may reduce some of the stress inside the campaign — if there was stress to begin with — and might help in terms of having a less abrasive voice on social media. On the other hand, if the Warren's spat with Nick K. turns into a big pissing match, there could be damage to the perception of voters towards Olivia. At least, that's my two cents.

I headed into this election well intended to support Olivia chow but I am seriously underwhelmed. She has a few moments in each debate that are just cringe- worthy. Last night when she was going on about the boy who just wanted to learn 'basketball lessons' I almost couldn't take it. I support children's programs and really do think they are important but I'm going to need to see something beyond her hope and optimism and anecdotes.

Maybe I missed some talk of this, but:

Did anyone else get the fundraising email from the Rob Ford campaign last night?
The only possible way that they would have my address is by accessing some correspondence I've had with the mayors office through the city - which, I believe, would be a flagrant abuse of campaign laws.
He's been called out on this before yet they are at it again.
I got it. I found it when checking my spam folder. :D

10608159_260783764130717_1930834406_n.jpg

http://www.vinevideoviewer.com/p/798586511799065989_222173302

Attachments

• 10608159_260783764130717_1930834406_n.jpg
    10608159_260783764130717_1930834406_n.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 739
Ford campaign strategy: bash media

The latest poll this week shows him somehow gaining ground, despite a continuing litany of well-documented abuses of his constituents, his colleagues, and his office.

Polls can be wrong, but there are still an awful lot of Ford Nation folks willing to ignore or forgive his trespasses — or perhaps hoping for another four years of chaos in Toronto.

Even if they aren't supporters, people still want to read about Ford.

Is it because they are inspired, intrigued, horrified? Are they hoping, once again, to see a train wreck in slow motion?

Or perhaps they are wondering just how he does it, and what they might learn from him?

Could it be a universal campaign strategy? If so, I worry about the future of municipal elections — all elections.

Politics are already too nasty and cynical; I don't see Rob Ford, despite his protestations and pronouncements, making it any less so.

We need more people who actually are like the person Rob Ford thinks he is — an honest broker looking out for the little guy and making the city better — rather than the person Rob Ford actually is — a dishonest politician who bullies his colleagues and makes the city a laughing stock.

http://www.thespec.com/opinion-story/4805965-ford-campaign-strategy-bash-media/

Sorry he ruined your breakfast. Good thing he didn't show up on a Thursday. I meet with a few people every week at Ted's for breakfast and he wouldn't want to hear what we think of him.

Well turns out I couldn't help myself. I went and told Norm he did a great job, and started to tell RoFo that I've not always been political and I'm undecided...he said "you ARE going to vote though." I said "oh yes. And you have to leave."The whole time he stared at my chest and I couldn't take it anymore and said "quit looking at my ***s you mysoginistic asshole!!"

A couple people said thank god cause the whole morning was people sending their little kids over to get magnets.

His minion with the goatee was there snapping pics of everyone.

Random question. If you leave the country from, say, Pearson would there not be a record of that which police could access?

There's https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/, Department of Homeland Security Consent, which "provides limited access to arrival and departure date records of nonimmigrant aliens entering and departing the United States which are maintained in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's (CBP's) Nonimmigrant Information System (NIIS)." It requires the name, birth date, and passport number and country of issue. It provides either the most recent entry or a brief history. It looks like it's only supposed to be accessed by the individual traveller, though, not an agency. I assume there are ways for the police or other officials to access such information, and that Canada (and other countries) also keeps such records.

I had to access the I94 for myself recently. It wasn't entirely accurate: for example, it failed to register my return from the US in May, thus when I travelled again in June, it showed me both leaving and re-entering the US on the same date. It also showed where I crossed back into Canada in July as "unknown", although it had the date correct and I went through a regular crossing.

Well turns out I couldn't help myself. I went and told Norm he did a great job, and started to tell RoFo that I've not always been political and I'm undecided...he said "you ARE going to vote though." I said "oh yes. And you have to leave."The whole time he stared at my chest and I couldn't take it anymore and said "quit looking at my ***s you mysoginistic asshole!!"

A couple people said thank god cause the whole morning was people sending their little kids over to get magnets.

OMG amazing. I would have done the same. I don't get how people are around him and don't tell him how they feel. I would have no problems doing it. I just never run into him.

It's a great diner in east end scarborough that's had movies made there and has a kick ass breakfast. Always packed.
Seems like it's also the place for politicians to hang out, apparently Olivia was in a few weeks ago to meet with Moeser. Great local diner in Highland Creek, looks just like it did when I was a kid in the 60's.

You did a valuable public service as far as I'm concerned. Norm Kelly was there too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back