411     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 239     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 418     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Ms.Passive-Aggressive Attention Seeker is awake this fine Sunday Morning.....

View attachment 31536

At first I thought she was an attention seeker, but I am revising my opinion. I think she's cyber stalking him. Almost all her tweets/retweets revolve around him. It's like a high school crush. She's trying to get his attention by mentioning him or interacting with those he might know. Look at her tweets with the assumption that they were friends with benefits and they take on a different nuance. Additionally, if you watch the long version of her at the impound lot, there's a point where the Moose reporter asks her if they were "intimate". The look on her face, or should I say smirk, is a dead giveaway.

I hope that her rehab is successful. Part of that process will involve letting go of this obsession, I feel.

He called out Jimmy Kimmel, not Jimmy Fallon. I don't think Kimmel has done it yet.

I thought RoFo was going to go into cardiac arrest there. :p

Me too. Hope they had and AED close at hand. Between the ice, 5X e"x"presso and his obvious high blood pressure (that's probably why his face is so red all the time), I fully expect to log onto Twitter and hear that he had a heart attack.

Me too. Hope they had and AED close at hand. Between the ice, 5X e"x"presso and his obvious high blood pressure (that's probably why his face is so red all the time), I fully expect to log onto Twitter and hear that he had a heart attack.

The fact that he is still alive is a good indication that his body is a garbage truck to his garbage addiction. Rob Ford is pretty tough to stand up to all the abuse that Rob Ford dishes out.

Obama could have done it if his kids were the ones dumping the bucket.

Nah, even if it was self-inflicted the Secret Service would probably dive in and shield POTUS from the icy shock; either way would have made for a hilarious YouTube video. But protecting the President is serious business and as such should not be made light of. <sigh> :p

Some time ago someone posted an article saying things were getting 'better' on Dixon, but not tonight...
@FirstNewsGTA 56m
BREAKING: shooting. Dixon Rd and Islington Av area. Male shot. All emergency services on scene. @TorontoPolice on scene. More to follow.

‏@LateNightCam 20m
I found a man who had been shot. He was lying behind a building on Dixon Rd. TPS stayed on line with me until officers arrived. #cbcto

I wonder if R Ford realizes his campaign slogan "Respect for Taxpayers" is a takeoff from the old CCF/NDP mayor of Toronto William Dennison...shucks he even threw Dennson's final word of the slogan in last week at the press conference in Rexdale... "money"

At first I thought she was an attention seeker, but I am revising my opinion. I think she's cyber stalking him. Almost all her tweets/retweets revolve around him. It's like a high school crush. She's trying to get his attention by mentioning him or interacting with those he might know. Look at her tweets with the assumption that they were friends with benefits and they take on a different nuance. Additionally, if you watch the long version of her at the impound lot, there's a point where the Moose reporter asks her if they were "intimate". The look on her face, or should I say smirk, is a dead giveaway.

I hope that her rehab is successful. Part of that process will involve letting go of this obsession, I feel.

It is unhealthy to say the very least. It is one-sided. She has no more information than anyone else. She does it to get people to do the heavy lifting (LOL) of stalking him for her. That is manipulation. She is no more an expert on Rob Ford than you or I. They did not have a life long involvement; at best two weeks.

So I think we agree that whatever her motivations, it is certainly not "normal".

I saw Doug's Lincoln (I assume it was his) last week with four such stickers on the back. Couldn't get a picture while driving though.

An actual article by SAL that sounds rational:

What the mayoral candidates still need to address

Is it just me or have other Toronto residents had quite enough of a summer chock full of the Mayoralty Top 5 doing the barbecue circuit and competing to be seen around town?

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/17/what-the-mayoral-candidates-still-need-to-address

Have to disagree with you. I think what she's really done here is a good job of subtly reinforcing many of Fordite assumptions and talking points under the guise of sounding more "serious" than usual. I actually think people are supposed to be distracted by the "oh wow, Sue Ann Levy actually wrote a non-ridiculous column" factor and not pick up on the bait and switch. For instance, her entire "fighting congestion" point is about making life easier for drivers, of course, not about transit. Or how about "going head to head with the city's unions"? The whole thing is typical combative anti-public sector rhetoric, they're all a bunch of trough feeders and cheats."$710 million bill left by David Miller." On and on.

An actual article by SAL that sounds rational:
not all parts of it, though

take this for example:
SAL said:
Plan? What plan?

The recent brouhaha about the controversial Eglinton Connects project — the latest green pipe dream from the city’s chief planner Jennifer Keesmaat to revitalize 19 km of Eglinton Ave. — proves how little residents impacted by the actual plans developed at City Hall are actually consulted or how little our city planners consider the traffic and other impacts on surrounding neighbourhoods.
that's utter bullshit

Eglinton Connects has been public-consultation-ed within an inch of its life

if it's a surprise to anyone, then those anyones haven't been paying attention at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back