502     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 518     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 274     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's done a lot of bad things, but I don't think he had Jesus killed.

Today's winner!

And, born and raised in Toronto and after vocalizing it repetitively (and irritatingly to those around me) I realize I pronounce it TerONto.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, does that stare look like the stare of a man that has more than enough to eat at home?

That photo is complex and a bit difficult to parse. Yup...Ford is a hungry man. His intense, pondering stare at Stintz's ass can't help but evoke his "jam her" comments and their already questionable personal and political relationship. It is cringe-worthy. It is Ford's daughter, Stephanie, who is the most disturbing. A combination of seeking care and attention while acting as her father's protector. I feel so sorry for those kids.

gus.jpg

https://twitter.com/GordMacey/status/497215796737609728

Attachments

• gus.jpg
    gus.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 748

It's a stain on the force that there are enough cops, whether rank and file, or management, who would side with Ford. An officer could be killed in the line of duty from a gun smuggled by the Dixon Bloods, who Ford helped enable, and protect via his refusal to speak to police. The streets are made unsafe for the public because of the people Ford is close to, and yet there are enough cops who would support another term because their he'd protect their paycheck. It's disgusting.

Not here in Detroit, it isn't! Mind you, it isn't 3 syllables, either. Just DeTROYT. Unless you're talking DEE.troit!BASKET.ball! which is closer to singing, anyway. As for Toronto...guilty of 'Toronno', here. But then, I grew up in the depraved wilds of Don Mills. :)

My family has roots in Windsor and I was born in Detroit - what many people don't know is "Detroit" was actually a Franco-Native outpost (Le Detroit) and it was originally pronounced "Le-Day-twa".

Last edited:
Anyone notice the lack of John Furr-style protesting lately? (Or are they just keeping their powder dry...)

My family has roots in Windsor and I was born in Detroit - what many people don't know is "Detroit" was actually a Franco-Native outpost (Le Detroit) and it was originally pronounced "Le-Day-twa".

Yes indeed! Total sidenote to the thread here - but Fort Detroit, of course, was a big scene in the French and Indian war. It didn't become British until 1760, and even then, Chief Pontiac had a good try at taking it back by seige. One can see the French influence in the layout of lots along the waterfront (outside the 'spoke' design of the city) and in the place & street names such as Grosse Pointe, Grosse-Isle and the Pontchartrain (most also now pronounced in decidedly 'not french' fashion). It's neat to see the different influences on street names in different sections of the city, reflecting the original residents when the city was growing, I imagine...I used to enjoy noting the same thing in old Toronto. :)

Last edited:
It's a stain on the force that there are enough cops, whether rank and file, or management, who would side with Ford.

That 3.19 per cent salary increase likely generated some good-will:
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/05/06/what-the-new-contract-for-toronto-police/

"And if they're going to make a bit more money for doing it – I have never had a person come up and say, ‘Rob, I object to paying paramedics, firefighters or police more money.’ This is where the money should be spent, and I have no problem paying our officers, or our firefighters or our paramedics good money to do a job."
Councillor Rob Ford, CP24 mayoral debate. October 2010.

Soks seems to be the only candidate prepared to discuss the cost of Toronto's police and emergency services.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back