419     7 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 340     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 436     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
now: do we think Bill Blair's going to sue? I would love - LOVE - to see him do it. Anyone putting odds on it?

<excerpt>

Police Chief Bill Blair is still considering legal action against Doug Ford for suggesting that he leaked information about Mayor Rob Ford being subpoenaed to testify at Alexander “Sandro†Lisi’s trial as “payback.â€

Despite mixed messages from Councillor Ford, “the chief’s position hasn’t changed,†Blair’s spokesperson Mark Pugash told the Star Sunday evening.

</excerpt>

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tion_after_mixed_messages_from_doug_ford.html

Am I correct to presume that the majority of tweets today commending Rob as one of "my niggas" are from people who are unlikely to actually vote?

Yep, lots of out-of-towners, for one thing. Plus people who never actually get around to voting on election day and - my favourite - people who look forward to voting for him but don't realize that Ford isn't actually running for office in Ajax or wherever.

Do you really want to know where Dougie's head is at? Dougie always acts like he is undergoing hormone treatments, he is stereotypically a meathead, a mans' man that can never show signs of weakness, or heavens forbid, sensitivity.

One wonders what his home life is like, given that he exists within a household full of girls (who've practically created their own fitspiration microclimate amongst themselves)

OMG Irene Ogrizek has published another post. Does anyone know where she lives? Ugh...now she's a friggin urban planner. http://goo.gl/CXYFFq #howstupidcanyouget

She suffers from delusions of relevance.

It's mind-boggling how she thinks people are interested in her view of Rob Ford as a poor victim and how his critics are somehow all just haters who are projecting something.

The urban planning/transit article is laughably misguided. Yes, LRVs and streetcars are 'spatially disruptive'. So what? And cars and buses aren't?

I thought she lived in Montreal, although I just saw a comment on her site that suggested she lived or worked in Guelph.

One thing IrOg gets wrong: she claims the Montreal Subway was motivated by the 1976 Olympics (wrong: Expo 67)

One wonders what his home life is like, given that he exists within a household full of girls (who've practically created their own fitspiration microclimate amongst themselves)

If I read the words "Doug Ford" and "hormones", the first thought that comes to mind is "'roid rage". I suspect that... No, I've said too much...

If I read the words "Doug Ford" and "hormones", the first thought that comes to mind is "'roid rage". I suspect that... No, I've said too much...

To confirm that we need a volunteer to check for raisins. ;)

It's mind-boggling how she thinks people are interested in her view of Rob Ford as a poor victim and how his critics are somehow all just haters who are projecting something.

The urban planning/transit article is laughably misguided. Yes, LRVs and streetcars are 'spatially disruptive'. So what? And cars and buses aren't?

I thought she lived in Montreal, although I just saw a comment on her site that suggested she lived or worked in Guelph.

She calls Rob a visionary. "Rob Ford is no Frank Gehry, but that doesn’t make him any less of a visionary. And that’s because we don’t choose visionaries; they choose us. The undertaking Ford is attempting — to make subways and not LRTs the standard for Toronto — outsizes the ambitions of more recent mayors. It’s a grand gesture and grand gestures require grand personalities. Ford is not what most Torontonians expected. He’s polarizing and the scale of his plans, especially his willingness to move money around to achieve them, is jarring the Toronto establishment in profoundly evocative ways. However, the Toronto Transit Commission needs help and I suspect Ford is their most likely saviour. Residents should remember that and remember that leaders do not need to look like them to succeed."

On the flip side it gives you an interesting view to how someone that is not considered typical ford nation can be a Rob Ford supporter.

Ogrizek

Contact me privately.

She calls Rob a visionary. "Rob Ford is no Frank Gehry, but that doesn’t make him any less of a visionary. And that’s because we don’t choose visionaries; they choose us. The undertaking Ford is attempting — to make subways and not LRTs the standard for Toronto — outsizes the ambitions of more recent mayors. It’s a grand gesture and grand gestures require grand personalities. Ford is not what most Torontonians expected. He’s polarizing and the scale of his plans, especially his willingness to move money around to achieve them, is jarring the Toronto establishment in profoundly evocative ways. However, the Toronto Transit Commission needs help and I suspect Ford is their most likely saviour. Residents should remember that and remember that leaders do not need to look like them to succeed."

On the flip side it gives you an interesting view to how someone that is not considered typical ford nation can be a Rob Ford supporter.

"Residents should remember that and remember that leaders do not need to look like them to succeed."

That is the stupidest fricking thing I've ever read, but the last line tells you where she's coming from---she thinks that people don't like Rob Ford because they're racist against fat people. The woman has little to no understanding of the actual issues, but is using the subject as a smokescreen to beat the drum for the "fat peoples' rights" cause. Always nice when people who try to mislead and bend the facts give away the game at the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back